Rush Rehearsing in Los Angeles -- Pics Emerge...

Jag2112

I think the Double-neck is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just watched Exit... Stage Left, and decided to take a closer look at the pics.... Look carefully at the first pic, the clearer of the two... At the extreme right, right above the monitor there is a black Rick headstock that is different, as it has the white "Rickenbacker" text instead of the white placque with black text... Follow the neck down, to the right, just barely seen above the monitor is a shorter black headstock, and if you look right under the extreme right of the monitor, you can see the bottom "swoop" extend further out than the others, you can make out the white ribbon thing around it and a couple of silver or white knobs... I think my friends the Double-Neck Rick has gone out on this trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :geddy:

I agree it looks kind of peculiar but it's hard to really tell from the picture.

Looking at it again, there is absolutely no doubt! It IS the double-neck!!

(Posted the enlarged section to one of my Flickr accounts)

https://www.flickr.c...yl/16892414948/

Yep,

The Width of it is why I am convinced. Xanadu baby! :codger: :haz: :rush:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ker-C8FE2c

:geddy: :geddy: :geddy:

:Alex: :Alex: :Alex:

• Like 1

the instagram pics got taken down from rushisaband.com, does anyone know the song spoiler? is it a standard or a surprise?

Not sure what you're talking about?

the woman that did the animation for the screens for the past couple tours posted some pics on instagram with new r40 stuff, they posted this on rushisaband with the links and even said that one of the pics contains a spoiler. now the links are dead, but no one who has said what the song was. I'm assuming someone has seen it.

the woman that did the animation for the screens for the past couple tours posted some pics on instagram with new r40 stuff, they posted this on rushisaband with the links and even said that one of the pics contains a spoiler. now the links are dead, but no one who has said what the song was. I'm assuming someone has seen it.

I'm surprised she would do something like that. I would think she has a contract with them that would cover any leakage of information.

• Like 1

don't think it was done on purpose, must have not realized - she took a snapshot i guess of her computer, and within the pic you can i guess barely see the name of a file, so the person on rushisaband who posted the link said potential spoiler. again the links don't work anymore and the guy who posted the info didn't at least say what the name of the song was. it could be limelight for all we know which wouldn't be much of a shocker, lol.

I bet we're going to see all sorts of this kind of stuff before the tour actually starts. Anything to drum up interest.

OK well mystery solved - apparently the song was THE ANARCHIST - certainly was not hoping for that, a couple months back neil was apparently rehearsing clockwork angels - not happy with so much CA stuff - that was done to death on last tour. the only stuff i would want to hear from the last 3 albums is some unplayed stuff from vapor trails Edited by mrfriendly

I don't really understand their thinking here, the casual fan doesn't know anything about CA and the hardcore fan I'm sure as heard it enough by now. If this is the R40 tour you can still make it a greatest hits but put in a decent amount of deep cuts to satisfy the hardcore fans. Why do stuff you just played to death. Since doing the "evening with" almost all the tours have been documented on DVD, play stuff that we don't already have on the live disc format.

play stuff that we don't already have on the live disc format.

I guess we can knock out Tom Sawyer, 2112, Red Barchetta, etc then? Because, you know they're all available on the "live disc format" right?

well there are of course staples that you can't avoid i get that, and believe me I've heard tom sawyer enough I could care less to hear it. But honestly you go and experience the show on one night, and then relive it on blu ray or whatever for years. so my point kind of is because their concerts are big production/very visual its kind of made for blu ray/dvd features. its only a small 35 show tour, would prefer them to knock out a bunch of deep cuts if this is really the end.

i remember alex a while back saying at one point they had an idea of doing a tour two nights in one city with second night being like a deep cuts night.

Edited by mrfriendly
  • Like 1

Haha, well I didn't know that, so yeah I can totally see where your coming from, are you going to R40? You'll have a blast no matter what. I saw them on VT, R30, SA but missed the last couple. But yes if you haven't experience them live in person, no matter what it won't be a disappointment.

Haha, well I didn't know that, so yeah I can totally see where your coming from, are you going to R40? You'll have a blast no matter what. I saw them on VT, R30, SA but missed the last couple. But yes if you haven't experience them live in person, no matter what it won't be a disappointment.

Sure am - flying from Australia to see the final show in LA. Sadly Rush has never been all that popular in Australia so they've never toured. So this is a gig I've been looking forward to for 30 years...:)

• Like 1

As trustworthy as Alex has been in the past, he did mention not doing CA stuff on this upcoming tour. Like, they've done that recently.

Sure am - flying from Australia to see the final show in LA. Sadly Rush has never been all that popular in Australia so they've never toured. So this is a gig I've been looking forward to for 30 years..

As a fellow Australian that is so good to read.

My first Rush concert was in 2012 in Anaheim and I'm going to see them in July in Vegas.

No doubt your first Rush concert will be an experience of a lifetime.

• Like 2

Sure am - flying from Australia to see the final show in LA. Sadly Rush has never been all that popular in Australia so they've never toured. So this is a gig I've been looking forward to for 30 years... :)

Awesome!!

Have a great time mate!! :ebert: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :rush:

• Like 1

he didn't mention CA specifically.

hope they come get some good bbq in texas

As trustworthy as Alex has been in the past, he did mention not doing CA stuff on this upcoming tour. Like, they've done that recently.

Not specifically but he did say the last tours, which I figured covered both Power Windows and Clockwork Angels since they were a huge part of the setlist.

• Like 1

yeah, i hope they do 2-3 songs from it just because it is their latest album, and its awesome

Not specifically but he did say the last tours, which I figured covered both Power Windows and Clockwork Angels since they were a huge part of the setlist.