The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Roach with an RBI single with the bases loaded.

Then Russell hits into a DP :facepalm:

Goddammit...1st and 3rd and no outs in the 3rd with Bryant due and he Ks and Montero hits into a 5-4-3.

:banghead:

Edited by laughedatbytime

F*** this shit.

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at the progression of the posts. Not because my team is getting the better end of the deal tonight, but because I totally do the same thing when it's not going well for my club. We are united in more than Rush fandom.

• Like 1

Maybe we'll get lucky. There's rain in the forecast for tonight.

That would be a shame. This is a compelling pitching match up of two guys with quite similar stat lines. Hammel has been hot as of late and could keep the Cardinals in check. Martinez has been hot, as well, but he's young and tends to go through streaks. If the Cubs get to Martinez early, Matheny might have to go to the bullpen.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get the sweep and push Chicago to 11.5 games back, but I am not so sure that is going to happen.

That would be a shame. This is a compelling pitching match up of two guys with quite similar stat lines. Hammel has been hot as of late and could keep the Cardinals in check. Martinez has been hot, as well, but he's young and tends to go through streaks. If the Cubs get to Martinez early, Matheny might have to go to the bullpen.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get the sweep and push Chicago to 11.5 games back, but I am not so sure that is going to happen.

The Cubs did hammer Martinez last time. He felt he was getting squeezed and got distracted and hit pretty hard. The Cardinals still managed to win the game though.

I was surprised that the Cubs actually have a record of 34-50 (IIRC) at the new Busch. I thought it would be about 14-70.

The Cubs did hammer Martinez last time. He felt he was getting squeezed and got distracted and hit pretty hard. The Cardinals still managed to win the game though.

I was surprised that the Cubs actually have a record of 34-50 (IIRC) at the new Busch. I thought it would be about 14-70.

Probably because the Cardinal wins often seem to be so lopsided and the Cub wins tend to be closer.

But, hey, even with last night's sweep, the Cubs still have the all-time (well, modern era) edge at 1121-1093.

• Like 1

Cubs win 1-0 on a Szczur RBI double and stellar pitching from Hendricks, Rondon, Strop, and Motte.
  • Like 1

Bases loaded with Mets with 2 outs...come on Lester. Be good Lester tonight, not bad Lester.

Well, he got out of that one. Last night they were talking about the over under on runs being 5. Looks like that will be the case...for the series.