The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Congrats to all the Cub fans on Bryant's NL ROY nod. Not that is was a surprise or even close, but the kid's gonna make the rivalry really meaningful for the next few years (not that the Chicago win in the NLDS didn't already have a say in making the rivalry again meaningful!).
  • Like 2

Congrats to all the Cub fans on Bryant's NL ROY nod. Not that is was a surprise or even close, but the kid's gonna make the rivalry really meaningful for the next few years (not that the Chicago win in the NLDS didn't already have a say in making the rivalry again meaningful!).

And congratulations to Joe Maddon for getting NL Manager of the Year. 97 wins with a team full of rookies and a fun clubhouse presence in his first year in Chicago.

Go for 3 tomorrow and give Jake the Cy Young...

• Like 1

Cubs are 3 for 3! Our dear President wins the NL Cy Young Award. What a goddamn beast.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2015/08/jake-arrieta-mlb-chicago-cubs-los-angeles-dodgers1-850x560.jpg

• Like 1

Cy Arrieta!

In a stellar year for pitching, El Presidente is the king of all!

What was his record in the NLCS this year?

If there's an SOCN golf outing, we'll have make sure it's to Western Michigan. We won't be able to get him out of the orchard, but it'd be worth it to see the Michael Jordan of cherry picking.

And congratulations to Joe Maddon for getting NL Manager of the Year. 97 wins with a team full of rookies and a fun clubhouse presence in his first year in Chicago.

I absolutely believe Maddon deserved this for 2015. At the same time, it sucks to see Matheny not get acknowledged again. What he has done with the Cardinals post TLR is remarkable, but he gets the constant snub... I get partially because the level of expectation for St. Louis is recently so much higher... but dude *did* win the toughest division in baseball with a team held together by bubble gum and duck tape.

• Like 1

I absolutely believe Maddon deserved this for 2015. At the same time, it sucks to see Matheny not get acknowledged again. What he has done with the Cardinals post TLR is remarkable, but he gets the constant snub... I get partially because the level of expectation for St. Louis is recently so much higher... but dude *did* win the toughest division in baseball with a team held together by bubble gum and duck tape.

I agree, though I think Matheny will get his proper dues down the road. Cards have depth, and he's shown he knows exactly what to do with all those pieces. He'll be sticking around in the mix for a while, I think.

Cy Arrieta!

If there's an SOCN golf outing, we'll have make sure it's to Western Michigan. We won't be able to get him out of the orchard, but it'd be worth it to see the Michael Jordan of cherry picking.

I thought it would be unkind to ask how he performed in the World Series. When people like Curt Schilling or Derek Lowe or Josh Beckett show their heart and pride.

Cy Arrieta!

I thought it would be unkind to ask how he performed in the World Series. When people like Curt Schilling or Derek Lowe or Josh Beckett show their heart and pride.

It did not go unnoticed that you didn't mention any hitters. Hmmm....

Without those guys showing off their medical enhancements, even the best pitching performances are pretty meaningless.

I just hope Josh Beckett's heart holds up for a while, all that fried chicken can't be good for you.

And I don't understand the Schilling reference either. I didn't know you were a Yankee fan. :)