The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

And los Doyers come through, with the 2-1 win. Bring you broom tomorrow, 'cause Kershaw's on the mound.

You're welcome.

Buccos lost 2 in a row as well...NLC this month is going to be crazy.

Why? Because the three teams with the best three records in the NL (and the 1st, 3rd, and 4th best in MLB) are gonna play each other 19 times?! Because all three teams have a rich history and the division rivalry is once again solid!?

Silly, Bowl City, don't you know the only real and riveting baseball is played in Boston and New York? Just ask ESPN. :eyeroll:

:D

Bring it. This is the September I have been waiting years for!

• Like 2

And los Doyers come through, with the 2-1 win. Bring you broom tomorrow, 'cause Kershaw's on the mound.

You're welcome.

Buccos lost 2 in a row as well...NLC this month is going to be crazy.

Why? Because the three teams with the best three records in the NL (and the 1st, 3rd, and 4th best in MLB) are gonna play each other 19 times?! Because all three teams have a rich history and the division rivalry is once again solid!?

Silly, Bowl City, don't you know the only real and riveting baseball is played in Boston and New York? Just ask ESPN. :eyeroll:

:D

Bring it. This is the September I have been waiting years for!

f**k, man. When ESPN did that the other day I wanted to throw my TV.

It was prior to today's game, and doesn't take into account SOS, but I calculated the odds of beating the Giants to the playoffs as 98.04% and the Nats as 99.76%.

Oh, and finishing with a better record than Boston as 310,464 out of 310,465. But that one went up today.

It was prior to today's game, and doesn't take into account SOS, but I calculated the odds of beating the Giants to the playoffs as 98.04% and the Nats as 99.76%.

Oh, and finishing with a better record than Boston as 310,464 out of 310,465. But that one went up today.

Dodgers got the Sweep!

Once sgain, you're welcome.

• Like 2

The weighted schedule and September focus on the division definitely hurts Chicago and helps San Fran and Washington. San Fran has only one series left (LA) with a winning club. Washington has two (both NYM).

If San Fran and Washington both go on a historical tear and play .750 ball, San Fran ends up with 90 wins and Washington 89. If Chicago plays .500 ball the rest of the way, they are at 90.

That said, even .600 seems to be a high number for San Fran and Washington, so 86 and 85 wins look more likely, yes?

We just need to the Cubs to not go el foldo taco and all things are good in the NL Central universe.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

The weighted schedule and September focus on the division definitely hurts Chicago and helps San Fran and Washington. San Fran has only one series left (LA) with a winning club. Washington has two (both NYM).

If San Fran and Washington both go on a historical tear and play .750 ball, San Fran ends up with 90 wins and Washington 89. If Chicago plays .500 ball the rest of the way, they are at 90.

That said, even .600 seems to be a high number for San Fran and Washington, so 86 and 85 wins look more likely, yes?

We just need to the Cubs to not go el foldo taco and all things are good in the NL Central universe.

It's going to be a long month, if not entertaining for the three-headed monster in the NLC. The Giants just need to start losing cause we most certainly will have games taken away from us.

"We've spent more days in first place . . ." That kind of mentality got Dan Duquette fired in Boston.