SONG BATTLE: The Garden vs Second Nature

fraroc

52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a song!

• The Garden (Clockwork Angels)
    • Second Nature (Hold Your Fire)
    • I love both!

I think that both of these are Rush's most beautiful songs....But if I were to pick one, despite how beautiful The Garden is....I'm going with Second Nature. As a soft song, it still has that stadium-esque powerfulness to it that can basically make the entire hall use their cell phones as lighters, especially around the chorus part.

The Garden is woefully overrated.

I know I once did.

Second Nature hands down.

But dude...polls are for Feedback.

Polls have been moved to Feedback.

His people didn't get the memo.

:syrinx: Gotta give it up... :laughing guy:

The Garden and given my age really forces reflection like no other song I can recall. Beautiful in my view. Having said that I do love both... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Second nature is a beautiful underrated tune. The garden is an overblown overrated sunday school like tune that everybody......myself included pooped their pampers over. It's not that good.

Mick

As far as The Garden goes and this is going to come off snobbish, self righteous and Lord knows what else possibly so apologies if it does because it is not my intent. You may have to have some age on you and possibly have made a child or five to really get it. I am always curious about the demographics around here and why certain folks like some songs/albums and some don't. I would be interested if someone out there has children and some age on them and doesn't get it. I know Aiken doesn't have children and he isn't older by any means and he gets it big time. Just curious... :codger:
  • Like 3

As far as The Garden goes and this is going to come off snobbish, self righteous and Lord knows what else possibly so apologies if it does because it is not my intent. You may have to have some age on you and possibly have made a child or five to really get it. I am always curious about the demographics around here and why certain folks like some songs/albums and some don't. I would be interested if someone out there has children and some age on them and doesn't get it. I know Aiken doesn't have children and he isn't older by any means and he gets it big time. Just curious... :codger:

I completely get the Garden. It's the first thing I thought of when I heard my father-in-law's illness was terminal, the measure of a life...

• Like 4

I completely get the Garden. It's the first thing I thought of when I heard my father-in-law's illness was terminal, the measure of a life...

The measure of a life. Those five words. Wow... :rose:
  • Like 1

I get the message of the garden. my grandma is on her last legs at the moment so the lyrics are not lost on me. It's still massivly overrated though, lol.

Mick

You sort of make my point for me and I may be full of sh*t and it certainly wouldn't be the first time. If your Grandma were a Rush fan she might see and feel differently about the song. Sorry to hear about your Grandma btw... :(
  • Like 1

I get the message of the garden. my grandma is on her last legs at the moment so the lyrics are not lost on me. It's still massivly overrated though, lol.

Mick

You sort of make my point for me and I may be full of sh*t and it certainly wouldn't be the first time. If your Grandma were a Rush fan she might see and feel differently about the song. Sorry to hear about your Grandma btw... :(

Thanks Narps. She has failing Kidneys but she's still feisty. She asked to hear Close to the edge the other Day, lol

Mick

• Like 4

Mick

Thanks Narps. She has failing Kidneys but she's still feisty. She asked to hear Close to the edge the other Day, lol

Mick

Did she really?... :cheers: Gives me chills to be honest
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

She's loves Yes, Pink floyd, the Beatles, Frank Zappa, lol

She and my uncle instilled a love of a lot of music in me.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

She's loves Yes, Pink floyd, the Beatles, Frank Zappa, lol

She and my uncle instilled a love of a lot of music in me.

Mick

Nice... :ebert:
  • Like 1

I love both as well. Thematically, they are very different songs, to my mind. The Garden is more anthemic, I think. But I absolutely love both songs.
  • Like 1

Both are amazingly beautiful, but I won't vote for both; I like the Garden more on account of the guitar solo and the lyrics