The Worst - Round Twelve

Lorraine

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Presto?

8 votes for me....

Did you notice I gave you a tag? Now, you will forever be connected to your new love of an album! :) You don't have to thank me. I can sense your gratitude vibes from there to here. :)

Yes, I am forever grateful to be linked to Presto...like Hugh Grant is grateful to be linked to Divine Brown. Except he did that to himself.

Heck I may make 20K by tomorrow at this rate... :)

Presto is such a shitty album I even wish Spaghetti Lee was around for this poll.

Well, almost.

• Like 2

By the way, Mick, start preparing a good controversial post for Narps' recovery thread for next Saturday. You will be up first to introduce a topic of controversy. Just giving you a heads up. :cool:

And, Narps, I see you are nearing 20000 posts. See if you can hold off getting there until Monday so I don't miss such an exciting moment and cause for celeb.

I shall watch TM Tour vids to work myself up.

I don't care what Zumbi says, lol

Mick

Give CA a spin for good measure!

I take no responsibility for the carnage that will no doubt ensue.

You have been warned.

Mick

Splendid! :madra:

• Like 2

What's a thread about this album without...

http://www.periodictable.com/Samples/050.23/s13.JPG

• Like 1

8 votes for me....

Did you notice I gave you a tag? Now, you will forever be connected to your new love of an album! :) You don't have to thank me. I can sense your gratitude vibes from there to here. :)

Yes, I am forever grateful to be linked to Presto...like Hugh Grant is grateful to be linked to Divine Brown. Except he did that to himself.

Heck I may make 20K by tomorrow at this rate... :)

Presto is such a shitty album I even wish Spaghetti Lee was around for this poll.

Well, almost.

I saw him logged in either earlier this week or last week. If you go to his profile page, he says the last concert he was at was during the "Chyme Machine" tour. :LMAO:

Anyway, here's a Spaghetti Lee contribution that I got from one of his old posts:

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/4/4/3/8/7/3/who-the-hell-cares-107976991579.jpeg

• Like 1

Is that little "50" in the upper left hand corner the number of albums sold? ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Is that little "50" in the upper left hand corner the number of albums sold? ;) ;)

No, it was the percent of sales that ended up at used record stores. Or the percent that end up as coasters. Interestingly enough, they're the same percentages.

• Like 1

According to Lee during the Rush in Rio concert (as well as the recent "Box Set" episode on VH1 Classic), "The Pass" is one of Rush's favourite songs. In a 2011 interview, Peart said of Presto: "That was an album that, for all of us, should have been so much better than it was... If we could do one [album] again, it would be that one, because we still love the songs from it, but... you can never make magic happen."
  • Like 2

The only 2 I didn't click were Show Don't Tell and The Pass. I actually like The Pass and Show Don't Tell is tolerable...barely.

The production is soooo dry and antiseptic. Presto and Vapor Trails have the worst production of any Rush album IMO.

According to Lee during the Rush in Rio concert (as well as the recent "Box Set" episode on VH1 Classic), "The Pass" is one of Rush's favourite songs. In a 2011 interview, Peart said of Presto: "That was an album that, for all of us, should have been so much better than it was... If we could do one [album] again, it would be that one, because we still love the songs from it, but... you can never make magic happen."

It's more like "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit", Neil. The production sucks but the songs are worse.

I must say, I'm really surprised at the negative vibe of these polls. The forum certainly has passive aggressive tendancies. You want front row seats but also want to throw tomatoes at them when they play certain songs.

Has anyone here ever heard about anything that might have happened to them between Hold Your Fire and Presto? I am asking because in the Rush book that I have (and I noticed it before I got the book but didn't know the correct time-frame), in looking of pictures taken during the Hold Your Fire tour (including Show of Hands) and during the Presto tour, they seemed, all of them, to have aged considerably in a very short time.

I'm wondering if it was at that point in time that fifteen plus years of touring caught up with them?

Performing double duty...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ASBbyf52L.jpg

• Like 2

What's worse than tin? Aluminum?

Superconductor

Which I have grown to love, off of an album I truly regard as one of the finest ever in its genre.

Amazing pop rock, Presto is a damn fine amd sexy album!

It has my favourite Rush song as well: Chain Lightning.

• Like 1

What's worse than tin? Aluminum?

In terms of how an album sounds, not much.

• Like 1

Superconductor is to me the worst song they ever wrote. Again, I will remind those who were there and inform those who were not of the way that song raped Xanadu on the RTB tour as it vomited forth from an exciting version.

Superconductor is to me the worst song they ever wrote. Again, I will remind those who were there and inform those who were not of the way that song raped Xanadu on the RTB tour as it vomited forth from an exciting version.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Are you saying they cut short Xanadu to do Superconductor?