The Worst - Round Twelve

LABT Segue Myles Mick The Blue Fox

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: The Worst - Round Twelve (41 member(s) have cast votes)

What is(are) the worst song(s) on Presto?

1. Show Don't Tell (2 votes [2.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

2. Chain Lightning (5 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. The Pass (2 votes [2.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

4. War Paint (11 votes [11.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.00%

5. Scars (9 votes [9.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.00%

6. Presto (3 votes [3.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.00%

7. Superconductor (20 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

8. Anagram (for Mongo) (21 votes [21.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.00%

9. Red Tide (8 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

10. Hand Over Fist (12 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

11. Available Light (7 votes [7.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

Stupidconductor easily

Sponsored Post

#42 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5536 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

I will raise my bunny flag high with pride!  :rage:

#43 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Performing double duty...
Posted Image

#44 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

I voted for all of them except The Pass and Presto.

#45 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 April 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

What's a thread about this album without...

Posted Image

What's worse than tin? Aluminum?

#46 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32227 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

Superconductor

Which I have grown to love, off of an album I truly regard as one of the finest ever in its genre.

Amazing pop rock, Presto is a damn fine amd sexy album!

It has my favourite Rush song as well: Chain Lightning.

#47 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69629 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 04 April 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 April 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

What's a thread about this album without...

Posted Image

What's worse than tin? Aluminum?
In terms of how an album sounds, not much.

#48 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Hate the whole thing.....

#49 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

Superconductor is to me the worst song they ever wrote. Again, I will remind those who were there and inform those who were not of the way that song raped Xanadu on the RTB tour as it vomited forth from an exciting version.

#50 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

View Postmicgtr71, on 04 April 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Superconductor is to me the worst song they ever wrote. Again, I will remind those who were there and inform those who were not of the way that song raped Xanadu on the RTB tour as it vomited forth from an exciting version.
I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.  Are you saying they cut short Xanadu to do Superconductor?

#51 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

:popcorn: ... :)

#52 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

He seems to have left the premises.

I hope that's not what he is saying.   If so, I will need to take two Anacin and go lay down.

#53 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

I went and dug out my stick to see what he's talking about.

It looks like Superconductor followed Xanadu on the set list from the RTB tour.  :o   Must have been quite the moment.  How does one go from Xanadu to Superconductor?  :huh:

Make that three Anacin.

#54 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 April 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Has anyone here ever heard about anything that might have happened to them between Hold Your Fire and Presto?  I am asking because in the Rush book that I have (and I noticed it before I got the book but didn't know the correct time-frame), in looking of pictures taken during the Hold Your Fire tour (including Show of Hands) and during the Presto tour, they seemed, all of them, to have aged considerably in a very short time.  

I'm wondering if it was at that point in time that fifteen plus years of touring caught up with them?

Interesting question - I ask it about myself:  when exactly did I start to look older?  I have to admit I never really noticed with Rush until I guess Vapor Trails.  Then I noticed the wrinkles a bit.  Maybe with Lee, he just looked like a young full-of-life kid when he was wearing that raccoon skin cap, but when he took it off, something changed - I think that was the start of the Yoko period for him?  With Lifeson, I think the goatee made him start to show his age.  It wasn't a good idea.  Peart just started to look fleshy and jowly (?) at some point. . .

What book were you looking at? Any particular photographs you had in mind?

#55 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 April 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

It looks like Superconductor followed Xanadu on the set list from the RTB tour.  :o   Must have been quite the moment.  How does one go from Xanadu to Superconductor?  :huh:

Make that three Anacin.
:LMAO: If we don't talk before you cut out of here for the night just wanted to say great you are back and have a good day tomorrow... :)

#56 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 04 April 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

Has anyone here ever heard about anything that might have happened to them between Hold Your Fire and Presto?  I am asking because in the Rush book that I have (and I noticed it before I got the book but didn't know the correct time-frame), in looking of pictures taken during the Hold Your Fire tour (including Show of Hands) and during the Presto tour, they seemed, all of them, to have aged considerably in a very short time.  

I'm wondering if it was at that point in time that fifteen plus years of touring caught up with them?

Interesting question - I ask it about myself:  when exactly did I start to look older?  I have to admit I never really noticed with Rush until I guess Vapor Trails.  Then I noticed the wrinkles a bit.  Maybe with Lee, he just looked like a young full-of-life kid when he was wearing that raccoon skin cap, but when he took it off, something changed - I think that was the start of the Yoko period for him?  With Lifeson, I think the goatee made him start to show his age.  It wasn't a good idea.  Peart just started to look fleshy and jowly (?) at some point. . .

It wasn't just Geddy.  It was all of them.  Alex looked the worst he's ever looked - his face was so bloated and he put on lots of weight.  

If you have the book Contents Under Pressure by Martin Popoff, just look at the pictures from Hold Your Fire/Show of Hands and flip to RTB.  It is quite an obvious change in their appearance.

#57 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 April 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 04 April 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

It wasn't just Geddy.  It was all of them.  Alex looked the worst he's ever looked - his face was so bloated and he put on lots of weight.  

If you have the book Contents Under Pressure by Martin Popoff, just look at the pictures from Hold Your Fire/Show of Hands and flip to RTB.  It is quite an obvious change in their appearance.

I do have that book, and I'll check it out.

#58 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 04 April 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Make that three Anacin.
:LMAO: If we don't talk before you cut out of here for the night just wanted to say great you are back and have a good day tomorrow... :)
Thanks, Narps.  You too.  Hold that post count down until Monday.  ;) :hug2:

#59 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 April 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 04 April 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Make that three Anacin.
Thanks, Narps.  You too.  Hold that post count down until Monday.  ;) :hug2:
Can do... :hug2:

#60 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

All the songs on Presto have votes.
I believe that is a 1st in this Poll thing Lorraine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LABT, Segue Myles, Mick The Blue Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users