My Company Truck Hates 1/3 of Clockwork Angels

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15992 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

I may be the only person here that's more disturbed by the fact that you drive to Orlando and back daily than your CD player issue.  This is extreme torture that I don't know how you deal with.  I think I remember you saying you live in south Tampa. What part of Orlando do you have to drive to?

Sponsored Post

#22 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17141 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 February 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

I may be the only person here that's more disturbed by the fact that you drive to Orlando and back daily than your CD player issue.  This is extreme torture that I don't know how you deal with.  I think I remember you saying you live in south Tampa. What part of Orlando do you have to drive to?
No Orlando commuting these daze thank God!!! I finished that project last year. I now only have to drive to Clearwater to my current project. My employer did try to assign me another project over there and I respectfully told them if I wanted to work in Orlando I would live in Orlando. I live in central Tampa and I was driving to Disney everyday. 1-4 sucks, working at Disney sucks (for construction projects anyway)and all the tourist laden traffic in Orlando sucks. The Courtney Campbell Causeway is a much nicer drive.

#23 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15992 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 14 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

No Orlando commuting these daze thank God!!! I finished that project last year. I now only have to drive to Clearwater to my current project. My employer did try to assign me another project over there and I respectfully told them if I wanted to work in Orlando I would live in Orlando. I live in central Tampa and I was driving to Disney everyday. 1-4 sucks, working at Disney sucks (for construction projects anyway)and all the tourist laden traffic in Orlando sucks. The Courtney Campbell Causeway is a much nicer drive.
Courtney Campbell is not a picnic so it just goes to show how bad that Orlando commute is.  It's bad the whole way over too.  I always see several dangerous situations and maneuvers when I drive over there.  At least driving to Clearwater is scenic.  I work in Palm harbor but I take shortcuts through citrus park and west chase so traffic is minor.

#24 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17141 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 February 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 14 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Courtney Campbell is not a picnic so it just goes to show how bad that Orlando commute is.  It's bad the whole way over too.  I always see several dangerous situations and maneuvers when I drive over there.  At least driving to Clearwater is scenic.  I work in Palm harbor but I take shortcuts through citrus park and west chase so traffic is minor.
You are correct regarding the causeway sometimes being a pain. But like you mentioned if stuck at least you have the beautiful water sceneries especially in the morning and evenings. The only aggrivating part is when you see folks out on their boats and think man that should be me now ;)

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 14 February 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#25 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2247 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

A $4 8GB thumb drive will hold the entire Rush catalog. That truck must have a USB port.

#26 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

My old car cd player (In my 89 Ford Probe..got it brand new, in 88, and pissed off everyone I knew because I had a CD player in my car!)  only had issue with Roll the Bones!  I'd get about mid-disc, and it would start skipping around... never had that issue with any other disc ,and it worked fine in my home player, and the portable I had at the time.

Maybe the car just didn't like the disc (it never was one of my favorites)

#27 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Discs are very 1998. Move music onto a thumb drive or phone or iPod and plug into appropriate slot.
My work truck has a CD player that has never seen a CD.

#28 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:21 PM

I have this issue but only with burned discs. (Its nice to be able to play 2112 and The Spirit of Radio back to back) Plus I'm clumsy as can be. Finger prints and scratches galore. :)

#29 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

2112 and Permanent Waves*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users