Triumph Thread

Bigbobby10

Discovered Triumph 30 yrs ago when US Festival 1983 (a selection of songs of every band involved) was broadcasted here in Italy.

I still like them and I'd have loved to have had a chance to see them live.

• Like 3

Does anyone else love Rik Emmett's 2 minute guitar solos on every album?

Absolutely. The acoustic ones add a nice bit of contrast to the more rock stuff.

l totally agree, Mid Summers Day Dream is my favorite one

Edited by bigbobby10
  • Like 2

Liked them since seeing that amazing US Fest performance. ThunderSeven is excellent top to bottom. Very good band, though Gil Moore's voice can be grating at times. They should try to tour again...who cares if they can't put on the pyro stage show, its about the music. Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

Triumpf was great, are still one of my favorites and should have been much bigger than they were

From what I have seen and read about the US festival, they and the Scorp's stole the show. Note, thats stealing the show from (get this all you youngsters and uninformed folks out there):

Quiet Riot (at or near their height)

Motly Crue

Ozzy (with Jake Lee)

Judas Priest (I believe supporting Screaming for Vengence!! Again, at or near their height of greatness)

VH (with DLR)

Thats some heavy hitters to be with and steal the show from!!!!

I saw Triumpf when they were touring support "The Sport of Kings" - the album after Thunder 7. I like Sport as an album - although it definitely does not compare with Thunder and Allied Forces.

First really big concert I ever went to and what a show!!!! One of the best I ever saw. For years I figured that I was just overwelmed and it could not have been that good. Many years latter I got a DVD they filed of another show on that your and I was like "Yes, it was as good as I remember. But they filmed this one. What about their other shows?" Finally got a CD boot of a show they did on that tour. Just as great as I remembered and as great as the DVD.

Just a great band.

• Like 4

This might be there best song lyrically

Moving.

Plus it's slow then that solo kicks ass

• Like 1