The Worst - Round Nine

Lorraine

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Grace Under Pressure?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

If Red Lenses keeps getting votes, maybe we can get onto Round Ten by noon. :LOL:

That would be a neat trick, over here, as it's just about 1:00 PM right now! :LOL:

• Like 1

If Red Lenses keeps getting votes, maybe we can get onto Round Ten by noon. :LOL:

That would be a neat trick, over here, as it's just about 1:00 PM right now! :LOL:

I was just about ready to say the same thing. :LOL:

• Like 1

In that case, I just changed my vote. I know Red Lenses will win, so I thought I'd vote for Between the Wheels as the opening is easily the most grating first 5 seconds of any Rush song. But if we can end this fast, I'll happily vote for Red Lenses. I would say the same about Kid Gloves, which is equally as painful.

• Like 1

I like Red Lenses because it's different and interesting (progressive?); I like The Body Electric, too, but it just seems like a sort of flaccid version of Red Barchetta (a bit regressive?).

In that case, I just changed my vote. I know Red Lenses will win, so I thought I'd vote for Between the Wheels as the opening is easily the most grating first 5 seconds of any Rush song.

I don't feel that way about Between the Wheels at all. But I can respect where you're coming from, because one that falls into that category for me is Grand Designs. Ironically, I really like that song as well- it's just those opening few seconds.

If we get near twenty votes for Red Lenses by noon, we can move on to Power Windows.

Does Power Windows have a bad song on it? :blah: Yo google. Help!!... ;) I honestly can never remember... :( :ph34r:

One of my four 10/10 Rush albums...the only song that I know I never play isolated from the rest is red lenses.

Which is a fabulous song.

Huge fan of GUP. Top four Rush for me, alongside AFTK, MP and HYF.

I know it has a bit of a deep cut cult following...but I pick Kid Gloves. I still like it, but it would probably gain more appreciation if they break it out this tour.

I am seriously gonna have to refresh my memory with Power Windows and go listen to a few of them. I know Mystic Rhythms isn't so hot but some of these I just can't recall... :sigh: :ph34r:

I am seriously gonna have to refresh my memory with Power Windows and go listen to a few of them. I know Mystic Rhythms isn't so hot but some of these I just can't recall... :sigh: :ph34r:

I think I will prepare myself for the vote by trying to listen to the entire album all the way through, but I can't promise anything.

Really? Why?... :eh: EDIT: Sorry Lorraine this post was meant for the Kid Gloves cult following thingy. I didn't get it in fast enough... :LOL: Edited by Narpsberg

If we get near twenty votes for Red Lenses by noon, we can move on to Power Windows.

Does Power Windows have a bad song on it? :blah: Yo google. Help!!... ;) I honestly can never remember... :( :ph34r:

Just pick any song off of side 2 and you'll have a plausible "worst" song.

Google Butch Carter.

Really? Why?... :eh: EDIT: Sorry Lorraine this post was meant for the Kid Gloves cult following thingy. I didn't get it in fast enough... :LOL:

I like three songs on the album.

Oh, just saw your edit note.

Never mind then. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Kid Gloves has a cult following? :scared: Who knew? :unsure:

Tom Cruise jams Kid Gloves on his way to the Scientology center.

Everyone knows that

• Like 1