The Worst - Round Nine

Lorraine

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Grace Under Pressure?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

Red Lenses is an easy choice, but the choice wouldn't have been quite so easy without The Body Electric being played on the CA tour and giving me a new appreciation for the song.

I imagine that Red Lenses will take this, and it does suck, but I find The Body Electric to be one of the most annoying songs they've ever come up with.

Really? I love the song. I think it's clever, catchy and a lot of fun to play on bass. It's an unusual type song for them though. What about it is annoying to you?

• Like 1

The only two bad tracks on this are Kid Gloves and Red Lenses. RL for me on this one.

Kid Gloves?!?

I. Am. Floored!

It feels very awkwardly put together.

I imagine that Red Lenses will take this, and it does suck, but I find The Body Electric to be one of the most annoying songs they've ever come up with.

Really? I love the song. I think it's clever, catchy and a lot of fun to play on bass. It's an unusual type song for them though. What about it is annoying to you?

Can't stand the chorus. It does seem like it would be fun to play on bass, though.

• Like 1

Red Lenses is an easy choice, but the choice wouldn't have been quite so easy without The Body Electric being played on the CA tour and giving me a new appreciation for the song.

Are you being serious this time? If so, that seems to make quite a difference - hearing them do it live. You must be about the fifth or sixth person here who has said the same thing about no liking either an album or a song until they saw Rush do it in concert. It must be a "bonding moment" - or something. :unsure:

• Like 1

Are you being serious this time? If so, that seems to make quite a difference - hearing them do it live. You must be about the fifth or sixth person here who has said the same thing about no liking either an album or a song until they saw Rush do it in concert. It must be a "bonding moment" - or something. :unsure:

Completely serious. I started liking PoW a little more too (other than Manhattan Project and The Big Money which I already enjoyed). I don't even hate Territories any more.

• Like 3

The only two bad tracks on this are Kid Gloves and Red Lenses. RL for me on this one.

Kid Gloves?!?

I. Am. Floored!

The message of that song, and the playfulness of the guitar transitions make that song one of my favorite... likely top 10 for me overall.

Completely serious. I started liking PoW a little more too (other than Manhattan Project and The Big Money which I already enjoyed). I don't even hate Territories any more.

I can relate to this. Manhattan Project finally really started to click for me when I saw them perform it live, and now I love the song.

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me. I never listened to PoW very much at all until I saw the songs played live. Makes a huge difference.

• Like 2

I dislike the whole Record but Red Lenses annoys me the most.

Mick

:o .... The vocals are great on it :wtf: Edited by Narpsberg

I dislike the whole Record but Red Lenses annoys me the most.

Mick

:o .... The vocals are great on it :wtf:

No vocal anger this time. I HATE the musical style on this album.

Man do i hate it.

Mick (Here with ANOTHER.......cheery post!)

Kid Gloves?!?

I. Am. Floored!

The message of that song, and the playfulness of the guitar transitions make that song one of my favorite... likely top 10 for me overall.

Okay that makes sense. Listening to it from a rhythm point of view it's really gawky and odd. I just don't like the feel of the song.

• Like 2

:) Did you say Territories? :)

• Like 1

Kid Gloves?!?

I. Am. Floored!

Okay that makes sense. Listening to it from a rhythm point of view it's really gawky and odd. I just don't like the feel of the song.

definitely can respect that
  • Like 1

I can relate to this. Manhattan Project finally really started to click for me when I saw them perform it live, and now I love the song.

me too, Between the Wheels was one of those for me Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1