The Worst - Round Eight

Lorraine

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Signals?

COUNTDOWN?! You people are insane! But to each his/her own…personally I feel Chemistry has no place on the gem that is Signals.

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

Just curious why you picked this one?

I don't like it. I went through a short time when I did listen to it, but then I decided that I really didn't like it at all.

Aren't you the Signals ambassador?

Gee, Led. I'm losing it, what can I tell you? I'm serious. It's scary. First, my Counterparts/TFE faux pas from yesterday, now this.

You're right. I am the Signals ambassador. :madra:

The Weapon makes up for any deficiency on the album. I'd fight for the album on the strength of just that one song.

To confuse the songs and albums from that era is way easy to do. I have to google the albums every time to get them straight in a post. Which songs are on which albums etc... :) :codger:
  • Like 1

Looks like I am the first to vote for Losing it.

Hopefully the last. You have to be older to fully appreciate it. You are still to young but you are getting there... :)
  • Like 1

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

I don't like it. I went through a short time when I did listen to it, but then I decided that I really didn't like it at all.

Gee, Led. I'm losing it, what can I tell you? I'm serious. It's scary. First, my Counterparts/TFE faux pas from yesterday, now this.

The Weapon makes up for any deficiency on the album. I'd fight for the album on the strength of just that one song.

To confuse the songs and albums from that era is way easy to do. I have to google the albums every time to get them straight in a post. Which songs are on which albums etc... :) :codger:

I do it too... especially with making sure I get a lyric quote correct. It may sound correct in my head, but "may" could be "might" and fanboys like LED would jump all over my ass....

ETA... I remember one time, without even thinking about it, I typed "Spirit of the Radio" instead of "The Spirit of Radio" and got my ass handed to me in that thread :LOL:

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

Hopefully the last. You have to be older to fully appreciate it. You are still to young but you are getting there... :)

This was definitely a grow-er for me (not a show-er) Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

This was definitely a grow-er for me (not a show-er)

It is both for me... ;)

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

I do it too... especially with making sure I get a lyric quote correct. It may sound correct in my head, but "may" could be "might" and fanboys like LED would jump all over my ass....

ETA... I remember one time, without even thinking about it, I typed "Spirit of the Radio" in stead of The Spirit of Radio" and got my ass handed to me in that thread :LOL:

How am I not going to jump all over your ass if you keep sticking it out like that in those tight ski pants?

• Like 1

Three perfect songs, The Weapon, Losing It and Countdown.

My vote could easily go to any of the others, but Chemistry stands out as the closest to a dud.

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

Thank you for telling me that. I don't feel so bad now. I thought it was just me. It is hard to keep forty years of their music straight in my head sometimes. When I first came here, the only Rush I knew was from Moving Pictures up to and including Roll The Bones. I had to educate myself on the rest. It wasn't easy, and I think that I did pretty good despite my limitations.

• Like 1

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

ETA... I remember one time, without even thinking about it, I typed "Spirit of the Radio" instead of "The Spirit of Radio" and got my ass handed to me in that thread :LOL:

That is very funny. Thank you for the laugh. :LOL:

Oh no, I do fully appreciate it, believe me. I am not too young (but thank you for calling me 'too young' for anything at all! I'll take that as a compliment). I am better acquainted with loss and unfulfilled dreams than I'd like to be.

No, my problem is just with the music. I just think it makes the album drag a bit.

:cheers: anyway, brother. :)

• Like 1

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

Thank you for telling me that. I don't feel so bad now. I thought it was just me. It is hard to keep forty years of their music straight in my head sometimes. When I first came here, the only Rush I knew was from Moving Pictures up to and including Roll The Bones. I had to educate myself on the rest. It wasn't easy, and I think that I did pretty good despite my limitations.

You're welcome. I google all the time because you have to remember I hadn't even heard anything past Power Windows let alone seen an album cover or anything. I was missing 6 albums completely and hadn't listened to the music I had in over 25 years either. Not a "real fan" I guess... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

You're welcome. I google all the time because you have to remember I hadn't even heard anything past Power Windows let alone seen an album cover or anything. I was missing 6 albums completely and hadn't listened to the music I had in over 25 years either. Not a "real fan" I guess... :LOL:

No wonder you have such bad wrist problems... all that googling

• Like 2

Analog Kid, Lorraine?

No wonder you have such bad wrist problems... all that googling

Is that what they are calling it now?... ;) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

COUNTDOWN?! You people are insane! But to each his/her own…personally I feel Chemistry has no place on the gem that is Signals.

I don't get it either. I think the song rocks.

• Like 1

We all are apparently since we love love Book II... ;)
  • Like 3

Being insane is FUUUUUN!!!! he should join us.

Mick

• Like 2

Being insane is FUUUUUN!!!! he should join us.

Mick

The scary thing is... when Mick says "us" he is only referring to himself.
  • Like 1

I don't know. More and more haters are coming out of the woodwork. Must be something in the water.