Clint Eastwood's next movie?

Tombstone Mountain

Clint's gonna keep pumping out movies till he kicks the bucket. This seems like a great story. Jewell was run through the freaking ringer--then cleared! Jonah Hill will be oscar bait if he lands this role

--TM

‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?

mfleming.png?w=56&h=76&crop=1

by Mike Fleming Jr

March 31, 2015 7:03pm

clint-eastwood-2.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood is seriously circling the job of directing Fox’s high profile Billy Ray-scripted untitled project about Richard Jewell, the heroic security guard who discovered a suspicious backpack in the Olympics compound during the 1996 games in Atlanta. Jewell, who’ll be played by two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill, was vilified as a possible terrorist, and his good work in helping clear bystanders from the area before the bomb exploded turned into a trip to the Twilight Zone. Leonardo DiCaprio is a possible to play the Southern lawyer who helped Jewell navigate that hell.

Related

No. 2 'American Sniper' – 2014 Most Valuable Blockbuster Movie Tournament

Some navigating has to be done to make this one happen with Eastwood. After the blockbuster American Sniper, Eastwood can have his pick of projects. But he has always been incredibly loyal to Warner Bros, the place where he has made movies for decades. So Warner Bros and Fox are trying to find some common ground which might involve them sharing the picture as co-production partners. All parties are wary at the moment, but doesn’t this sound too good not to happen?

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/jonah-and-leo.jpg?w=275&h=183&crop=1The film is based on Marie Brenner’s 1997 Vanity Fair article The Ballad Of Richard Jewell. The lawyer that DiCaprio might play knew Jewell casually and mostly did real estate closings. He seemed over his head, but guided Jewell through the demoralizing nightmare that signaled the downside of the advent of the 24-hour news cycle. The FBI finally cleared Jewell three months later. The film will be produced by Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran, Hill and Kevin Misher, the latter of whom brought in the article. Misher Films’ Andy Berman also will have a producing role. Mike Ireland is overseeing for Fox. It came together when Hill and DiCaprio were eager to set up another project together after they had such a good time making The Wolf of Wall Street, for which both got Oscar nominations.

• Like 1

Only film of his I have ever enjoyed is Changeling.

Puberty hasn't it eh? One day you'll be a man

To give me credit, I have only been exposed to his rubbishy films. Not sure why I haven't checked his best work out yet!

• Like 1

To give me credit, I have only been exposed to his rubbishy films. Not sure why I haven't checked his best work out yet!

Here's the essential Clint. All of these are great or strive for greatness.

1971 Dirty Harry

1973 High Plains Drifter

1974 Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1976 The Outlaw Josey Wales

1976 The Enforcer

1979 Escape from Alcatraz

1982 Firefox

1985 Pale Rider

1986 Heartbreak Ridge

1988 Bird

1990 White Hunter Black Heart

1992 Unforgiven

1993 In the Line of Fire

1993 A Perfect World

1995 The Bridges of Madison County

1997 Absolute Power

2000 Space Cowboys

2003 Mystic River

2004 Million Dollar Baby

2006 Flags of Our Fathers

2006 Letters from Iwo Jima

2008 Changeling

2008 Gran Torino

2009 Invictus

2010 Hereafter

2011 Kurosawa's Way

2014 American Sniper

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

1971 Dirty Harry

1973 High Plains Drifter

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1976 The Enforcer

1982 Firefox

1985 Pale Rider

1986 Heartbreak Ridge

1988 Bird

1992 Unforgiven

1993 In the Line of Fire

1993 A Perfect World

1997 Absolute Power

2000 Space Cowboys

2003 Mystic River

2004 Million Dollar Baby

2008 Changeling

2008 Gran Torino

2009 Invictus

2010 Hereafter

2011 Kurosawa's Way

2014 American Sniper

O wow...wow...wow...

I know of most of these. Must get crackin'!

1971 Dirty Harry

1973 High Plains Drifter

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1976 The Enforcer

1982 Firefox

1985 Pale Rider

1986 Heartbreak Ridge

1988 Bird

1992 Unforgiven

1993 In the Line of Fire

1993 A Perfect World

1997 Absolute Power

2000 Space Cowboys

2003 Mystic River

2004 Million Dollar Baby

2008 Changeling

2008 Gran Torino

2009 Invictus

2010 Hereafter

2011 Kurosawa's Way

2014 American Sniper

O wow...wow...wow...

Play Misty for Me was his directorial debut. An excellent movie. So add that to the list. Dude start watching these films...they're alll good!

1971 Dirty Harry

1973 High Plains Drifter

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1976 The Enforcer

1982 Firefox

1985 Pale Rider

1986 Heartbreak Ridge

1988 Bird

1992 Unforgiven

1993 In the Line of Fire

1993 A Perfect World

1997 Absolute Power

2000 Space Cowboys

2003 Mystic River

2004 Million Dollar Baby

2008 Changeling

2008 Gran Torino

2009 Invictus

2010 Hereafter

2011 Kurosawa's Way

2014 American Sniper

O wow...wow...wow...

Play Misty for Me was his directorial debut. An excellent movie. So add that to the list. Dude start watching these films...they

're alll good!

I was extremely disappointed in Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters, and they put me riht off.

But i have stacks here to get through...no excuses!

I do recommend for starters:

1971 Dirty Harry

1976 The Outlaw Josey Wales--Great great

1986 Heartbreak Ridge

1992 Unforgiven--great great great

1993 A Perfect World

1995 The Bridges of Madison County--great great

1997 Absolute Power

2003 Mystic River--great great great

2004 Million Dollar Baby--great great great

2008 Gran Torino--a personal fav

2009 Invictus

2010 Hereafter--great great

2011 Kurosawa's Way

2014 American Sniper--great great great (with one flaw--the doll)

a worthy list MUST include his western movies directed by the one and only Sergio Leone:

A Fistful Of Dollars

For A Few Dollars More

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (this, an absolute masterpiece!)

"You know that you have a face beautiful enough to be worth $ 2000 ?"

"But you don't look like the one who will collect it....."

• Like 3

a worthy list MUST include his western movies directed by the one and only Sergio Leone:

A Fistful Of Dollars

For A Few Dollars More

I was upset to not see those listed by Tombstone. At least The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, one of the greatest films ever made

• Like 2

"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

-- Josey Wales

• Like 1

A Fistful Of Dollars

For A Few Dollars More

I was upset to not see those listed by Tombstone. At least The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, one of the greatest films ever made

We're you this upset?

Here's something interesting. An article about his son, who's an up and comer. His Dad plays no favorites:

Scott Eastwood, Riding Towards Movie Stardom

scott_eastwood_trailer_new.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Courtesy of Fox April 10, 2015 | 11:28AM PT

Ramin Setoodeh

Film Editor, New York @RaminSetoodeh

Scott Eastwood is starving. On a recent afternoon, the 29-year-old heartthrob barrels into a conference room at Twentieth Century Fox after a morning of press for his new movie, “The Longest Ride,” where he plays a bull-wrangling cowboy. He eyes the lunch buffet, unwrapping tinfoil and stacking two plates with chicken, fish and vegetables, a potluck for one. Then he sits down and realizes he might need to devour this meal with his bare hands. “I don’t have a fork,” says Eastwood, the son of screen legend Clint. “I don’t know what’s going on here.” A publicist rushes over with silverware. “Ah, ah, woo-hoo! You got some forks for us,” Eastwood says.

Even though he’s acted for 12 years, mostly in smaller roles, Eastwood’s career is now on the upswing. Eastwood has just arrived in New York from Hawaii, where he plays a NSA agent in the upcoming Oliver Stone drama about Edward Snowden. Then he’ll jet to Toronto for an unspecified part in David Ayer’s “Suicide Squad.” Eastwood has read the script, but he’s not able to divulge any details about the comic book tentpole, where he’s rumored to play Wonder Woman’s boyfriend Steve Trevor. “It’s going to be something that no one has seen before,” he says. “It’s so f—ing cool.”

But he’s happy to chat about “The Longest Ride” — which opens in theaters on Friday — his first lead role in a movie. “I’m really proud of it,” he says. The tearjerker about a cowboy who falls in love with a local Southern girl (Britt Robertson) is adapted from a Nicholas Sparks novel, and could provide the same launching pad for Eastwood that “The Notebook” was for Ryan Gosling. Besides, Hollywood is experiencing a shortage of leading men, and Eastwood — with his strong screen presence (which he learned from his dad, who told him: “Don’t be afraid of doing nothing”) and pinup looks — fits the job description.

When asked about the kind of career he envisions for himself, Eastwood rolls through a list of A-listers that include his pal Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Matt Damon. But his performance in “The Longest Ride” also brings to mind another young movie star on the verge of stardom — Channing Tatum in “Step Up.” “I think he will continue on this path,” says “Longest Ride” director George Tillman Jr.

Eastwood would have missed out on “The Longest Ride” if he’d landed a coveted part he auditioned for around the same time — as Chris Kyle’s brother in “American Sniper.” But the director of that film, who happens to be his dad, never contacted him after he submitted a tape. “I’ve auditioned for pretty much every one of my father’s movies,” says Eastwood, who appeared in “Flags of Our Father,” “Invictus” and “Gran Torino” (but got shot down for “J. Edgar”). For the movies where he’s not picked, he doesn’t even receive a gentle rejection letter. “You don’t get a phone call,” Eastwood says. “It’s nothing personal.”

When he was growing up in Monterey, Calif., where he discovered acting in high school, Eastwood was so conscious about not benefiting from nepotism, he took on his mom’s last name — as Scott Reeves. But he’s come to embrace the Eastwood brand. He was one of five leading men that Tillman Jr. saw for the part of Luke Collins. “When he came in, I thought it was his dad 25 years ago,” the director says. “He looked exactly like him. I said, ‘This isn’t going to work. People are going to think it’s Clint Eastwood in the movie.’” But Eastwood won him over after a chemistry test with his leading lady.

Despite his early film work, Eastwood was mostly anonymous until he appeared in a Town & Country cover shoot (baring his abs and biceps) in October 2013 that went viral. “For some reason, people made a big deal out of it, but I don’t see it,” Eastwood says. “There are a lot more in-shape guys, better-looking guys, than me.” Shortly after, he was in the running to play Christian Grey in “Fifty Shades of Grey” after Charlie Hunnam dropped out. But Eastwood refused to audition because Universal Pictures wouldn’t let him see the script first. “They wanted me to sign a deal before I went in and even tested for it, which to me is backwards,” Eastwood says. “I thought it could make a good movie. The problem is, if you don’t have a script, you don’t know what movie they are going to make.”

Even if he didn’t enter the Red Room, the Internet is swooning over his pictures on Instagram — where he’s often seen shirtless in San Diego. “I’m not trying to post shirtless photos,” Eastwood says. “The reality is, I’m from California, where it’s f—ing hot. I live by the beach. I’m at the beach all the time. I surf. I fish. I dive. These things on Instagram are really my life with my buddies doing my normal day-to-day stuff. I happen to be shirtless a lot.”

“The Longest Ride” benefits from his sex appeal. Eastwood appears sans shirt (and pants) in a love scene in the shower with Robertson. Tillman Jr. says that he wanted to make the scene racier than a typical Sparks movie, but ultimately had to tone down some of the footage — including nudity from Robertson — to land a PG-13 rating. The director made sure one important moment didn’t end up on the cutting room floor. “We kept Scott’s butt shot in the film,” Tillman Jr. says. “The test audience didn’t want to lose that.”

To play the part, Eastwood had to learn how to come across as a cowboy (his dad hasn’t seen the film yet). A stunt double was used for the bull-riding scenes, but Eastwood had to get on and off, which turned out to be a dangerous exercise. “You’re surrounded by metal,” Eastwood says. “There’s a 2,000 pound bull underneath your legs. It can buck up at any second with its horns.” After the three-month shoot in North Carolina wrapped, Eastwood convinced his stunt double to let him ride, ignoring the studio’s instructions not to do that. “They told me, ‘We need you to promote a movie and be alive,’” Eastwood says. He survived — for 2.5 seconds. But his time in Hollywood is sure to be a much longer ride.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain