Yoko Ono

JohnRogers

If we are talking about her music.... :facepalm:

And that's probably about as nice as can be.

That's OH-NO!

These^^^...

The one bit of Yoko Ono that I genuinely like was when Howard Stern riffed on her Glastonbury 2014 performance...

And I meant that I liked the part with Howard riffing on her performance, not Yoko's performance itself.

Seriously, early Yoko Ono albums like Plastic Ono Band and Fly are pretty heavy stuff. Punk rock, Post-punk and New wave are all anticipated. And some of it actually borders on being pretty good. Of course, John Lennon "helped" her out. It's her attempts at more pop oriented songs where she really fails. I always skip her songs on Double Fantasy. Sometimes I think the joke is on us...
  • Like 2

I will never get the appeal. What did John see in her? I mean...she isn't even moderately attractive, and nobody who has known her, at least in the media, has ever said anything nice about her.

Although there is always the chance she was very wonderful with John. Or that he may not have been the nice man we all like to think he was.

I will never get the appeal. What did John see in her? I mean...she isn't even moderately attractive, and nobody who has known her, at least in the media, has ever said anything nice about her.

Although there is always the chance she was very wonderful with John. Or that he may not have been the nice man we all like to think he was.

John had a mommy complex, IMO. Even called her mother.

Mick

If John Lennon were still alive, he'd be turning 75 this year. Yoko will be 82.

I hadn't yet been born when the Beatles broke up, but I can only imagine the changes she wrought on that band, and what it was like for the other members (outside of John) when she came into the picture.

Her own music is just...bizarro! In my opinion.

I hadn't yet been born when the Beatles broke up, but I can only imagine the changes she wrought on that band, and what it was like for the other members (outside of John) when she came into the picture.

She was tolerated by the other Beatles. John apparently said he wanted to leave the Beatles as far back as 1966 and Yoko eventually gave him the courage to quit.

Funny story regarding Yoko, she participated in the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus by performing with the Dirty Mac supergroup. Who praised her performance? Pete Townshend. I believe you can read about it in his autobiography.

Are you trying to bait me with thread?

Lol

Yoko Ono has her own thread on here.

I might puke.

Yoko Whacko is one of the worst people on the planet.

She is as ugly as her persona.

Talentless and worthless.

I feel for Jullian. She fuckked him pretty good.

Hey Jude!

Hey dude! Paul wrote that song for you!

Jullian never got along with the Wicked Witch Of The East!

The Number Of The Beast can be found under her left arm pit!

Perhaps Yoko can run as Vice President!

Hillary Ono 2016!!

OH NO!!!!!!

Actually what got me asking the question was a radio report had me thinking she died today. It turns out it was John's first wife. No this is not April Fools stuff.

Are you trying to bait me with thread?

Lol

Yoko Ono has her own thread on here.

I might puke.

Yoko Whacko is one of the worst people on the planet.

She is as ugly as her persona.

Talentless and worthless.

I feel for Jullian. She fuckked him pretty good.

Hey Jude!

Hey dude! Paul wrote that song for you!

Jullian never got along with the Wicked Witch Of The East!

The Number Of The Beast can be found under her left arm pit!

Perhaps Yoko can run as Vice President!

Hillary Ono 2016!!

OH NO!!!!!!

Whatever happened to Julian? I loved that album he had out in the eighties. I thought he was very talented. Then, he just disappeared.

• Like 1

She picked out a mistress for him. How cool is that?

Also, she grew John's fortune.

She was tolerated by the other Beatles. John apparently said he wanted to leave the Beatles as far back as 1966 and Yoko eventually gave him the courage to quit.

Funny story regarding Yoko, she participated in the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus by performing with the Dirty Mac supergroup. Who praised her performance? Pete Townshend. I believe you can read about it in his autobiography.

I use her performance in the Dirty Mac as the example of how a good song becomes horrible...and as an example of her craziness.