Rush, Feedback, Polls and YOU

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Maybe we could have a pinned "new poll announcement" thread in the regular Rush subforum, to redirect all the poll-lovers to the right subforum.

That's right, I said "poll lovers."

• Like 1

New World Women just got the shaft.

Loving the puns, people.

Roll The Bones got bumped as well.

If you loved the pun, why didn't you "like" the post. We need a "love" button.

I've heard rumors that they exist, but when I went to ask the New World Women, I couldn't find them.

• Like 1

Just moved over 200 recent polls to Feedback.

Also, we mods never created an official best song poll for Clockwork Angels, and since that album was released there were three such polls created, both in Feedback and in Rush. And since we can't merge poll threads, we had to delete two of them (poll votes from different polls can't be merged into one poll, unfortunately). The one that was started first is the one that made it into Totem Polls. If you voted or posted in one of the other threads, you'll have to vote again.

Just moved over 200 recent polls to Feedback.

Also, we mods never created an official best song poll for Clockwork Angels, and since that album was released there were three such polls created, both in Feedback and in Rush. And since we can't merge poll threads, we had to delete two of them (poll votes from different polls can't be merged into one poll, unfortunately). The one that was started first is the one that made it into Totem Polls. If you voted or posted in one of the other threads, you'll have to vote again.

Goddamnit!!! I hate voting in polls, nonetheless having to do it twice!!!

Oh wait, I love it. Never mind.

• Like 1

I still see Zumbi's Michael Schenker poll.

It's about a version of a song not performed by Rush, no?

Edited by LedRush

It's not about a version of a song not performed by Rush, no?

Exactly. I left a few polls behind in Rush that seemed more discussion-oriented, as opposed to just asking to choose between songs or whatever.

If I understand your triple negative correctly, you're saying that it's not that we can't have any polls, we just can't have polls about Rush performances of their own songs etc.?

If I understand your triple negative correctly, you're saying that it's not that we can't have any polls, we just can't have polls about Rush performances of their own songs etc.?

Should be a single negative, not a double. I fixed the original.

• Like 1

I don't see the issue. I always wondered why there were so many polls in the rush section when we had the feedback.

so polls are not allowed on rush forum even if they're Rush related?

Can we vote on this? ;) lol

• Like 1

We all know who "YOU" is, and here I am.

All those who complained about too many polls, how many threads have you contributed to the forum?

Many of the polls that were begun were started when this place was dead and people were bored. They were started to keep people busy and entertained.

I'll relegate myself to TRF ghetto when it is ready for occupancy. :hi:

There is nothing wrong with polls. They're fun for a lot of people

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

• Like 1

By the way, people, there is a distinct difference in meaning between "poll" and "pole". But, hey, when has this crowd ever let command of the English language get in the way of middle school humor?

Actually, I rather enjoyed this thread. Thank you, everyone..... sort of. It's not so much fun when you are laughing with a couple of cracked ribs (a bike accident yesterday where I hit.... I kid you all not.... a pole).

• Like 3

By the way, people, there is a distinct difference in meaning between "poll" and "pole". But, hey, when has this crowd ever let command of the English language get in the way of middle school humor?

Actually, I rather enjoyed this thread. Thank you, everyone..... sort of. It's not so much fun when you are laughing with a couple of cracked ribs (a bike accident yesterday where I hit.... I kid you all not.... a pole).

you actually took the time to ask the poor guy if he was from Poland?
  • Like 3

• Like 1

Well done.

Sadly, I wish that were the case, as it would sound more manly.

Mid spring day in Texas. Nice and warm. On days like that, certain things like to come out of the trail to warm up. Certain cold blooded things. Now, keep in mind, I am not afraid of snakes, but I have learned it is best to not run them over as they tend to get caught up in the wheel, the drive train, the derailleur, etc. (there are all sorts of parts on bikes that snakes seems to somehow get tangled up in when you run the poor bastards over). And I have *really* learned to avoid this when the snakes are of the poisonous variety. So, lo and behold, I come around a bend on a marked public trail along a creek bed and find a medium sized rattler sunning itself in the middle of the path. It was too close to stop, so I dropped a gear and tried to swing left (toward it's tail). I made it past the the snake, but clipped a pole holding a path marker with my rear tire. The clip caused me to slide out and go over the bars into the creek bed. Thank God it was still muddy or I think I would be in much worse shape. So, yeah, twisted handlebars, very muddy clothes, and a couple of cracked ribs later, I pieced the bike together (all the while keeping an eye on the reptile on the path) and rode back out as best I could. Not my best riding moment....

Well done.

Sadly, I wish that were the case, as it would sound more manly.

Mid spring day in Texas. Nice and warm. On days like that, certain things like to come out of the trail to warm up. Certain cold blooded things. Now, keep in mind, I am not afraid of snakes, but I have learned it is best to not run them over as they tend to get caught up in the wheel, the drive train, the derailleur, etc. (there are all sorts of parts on bikes that snakes seems to somehow get tangled up in when you run the poor bastards over). And I have *really* learned to avoid this when the snakes are of the poisonous variety. So, lo and behold, I come around a bend on a marked public trail along a creek bed and find a medium sized rattler sunning itself in the middle of the path. It was too close to stop, so I dropped a gear and tried to swing left (toward it's tail). I made it past the the snake, but clipped a pole holding a path marker with my rear tire. The clip caused me to slide out and go over the bars into the creek bed. Thank God it was still muddy or I think I would be in much worse shape. So, yeah, twisted handlebars, very muddy clothes, and a couple of cracked ribs later, I pieced the bike together (all the while keeping an eye on the reptile on the path) and rode back out as best I could. Not my best riding moment....

Glad you are OK! We used to see the same when we lived in Colorado. They do love those sunny days but they're creepy!!

• Like 1