What is the best venue you have seem them at?

Hollywood Bowl. Best outdoor venue in LA.

Rock-n-roll at the Hollywood Bowl!!!!

Thats one venue that I have always wanted to see a concert,

They played at a place down that way but I forget the name of it. I believe they played there during the GUP tour.

Hollywood Bowl is an epic venue. Seen many great shows there, including my best Rush show on the SnA tour in '07.

If you're talking about the Fabulous Forum, yeah they played there on the GuP tour. I have seen many many shows there over the years, lots of Van Halen gigs especially. You can't be a true blue SoCal citizen and not have seen something at the Forum. That said, until recently it was a shithole venue in a shithole neighborhood. Now it's been renovated by the MSG corp, and the acoustics are the best in LA indoors. Still a crappy neighborhood though. But the street cart vendors serve the best LA-style hot dogs on the planet. :)

No,

It was an outside venue.

Oh, you're probably referring to Irvine Meadows. The very same place I'm going to the R40 tour date in a few months. Irvine is...ehhh. It's a SoCal fixture. The last time I was there was in '92 for the Roll the Bones tour. It's widely panned, but it's cheap and everybody in south LA or San Diego hits the shows there.

Thats it!! :ebert:

I tried to convince a friend to drive us to the concert but he backed out at the last minute. :madra:

Irvine Meadows is a very average venue as far as looks, amenities and location...

But the sound is phenomenal...

After seeing Rush in 8 different venues....Irvine has always stood out with it's clear, crisp sound.

Maybe because it's a smaller, shallow amphitheater , open to an Easternly breeze ..the sound seems to flow evenly from row one to the lawn.

• Like 2

They played at a place down that way but I forget the name of it. I believe they played there during the GUP tour.

Hollywood Bowl is an epic venue. Seen many great shows there, including my best Rush show on the SnA tour in '07.

If you're talking about the Fabulous Forum, yeah they played there on the GuP tour. I have seen many many shows there over the years, lots of Van Halen gigs especially. You can't be a true blue SoCal citizen and not have seen something at the Forum. That said, until recently it was a shithole venue in a shithole neighborhood. Now it's been renovated by the MSG corp, and the acoustics are the best in LA indoors. Still a crappy neighborhood though. But the street cart vendors serve the best LA-style hot dogs on the planet. :)

No,

It was an outside venue.

Oh, you're probably referring to Irvine Meadows. The very same place I'm going to the R40 tour date in a few months. Irvine is...ehhh. It's a SoCal fixture. The last time I was there was in '92 for the Roll the Bones tour. It's widely panned, but it's cheap and everybody in south LA or San Diego hits the shows there.

Thats it!! :ebert:

I tried to convince a friend to drive us to the concert but he backed out at the last minute. :madra:

Irvine Meadows is a very average venue as far as looks, amenities and location...

But the sound is phenomenal...

After seeing Rush in 8 different venues....Irvine has always stood out with it's clear, crisp sound.

Maybe because it's a smaller, shallow amphitheater , open to an Easternly breeze ..the sound seems to flow evenly from row one to the lawn.

The acoustics are good. The ambiance is a bit...lowbrow. LOL. But the Hollywood Bowl and the Pac Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa have better acoustics, I think.

• Like 2

I meant to ask you,

Wasn't that area decent back in the 70's & 80's. I sure miss Chick Hearn calling games there. He was the best. :codger:

I meant to ask you,

Wasn't that area decent back in the 70's & 80's. I sure miss Chick Hearn calling games there. He was the best. :codger:

I used to go to a lot of the Kings hockey games in the late 80's - 90's...

We'd stay in an 'affordable' hotel directly across from where the players would enter the parking lot...

We would have to watch from our window/balcony, because there was no way we could hang out outside our hotel...gangs, drug dealers, prostitutes and other cool stuff to watch from afar.

• Like 1

Both the Gorge and Red Rocks are great venues, very unique in there own ways. Love the gorge but the sound really cuts out if you aren't dead center. Red rocks is cool because it gets pretty steep and you feel closer to the stage. Cant pick a winner- I will say that while I wasn't super excited to be seeing Rush the last time around in Vegas @ MGM, I can say I was pleasantly surprised. Had cheap somewhat nosebleed seats but still with a decent view and the sound was incredible, not too mention a tequila bar was 100 feet away and we just walked into the place in like 20 seconds. Doing MGM again this year. :)
  • Like 1

I meant to ask you,

I would not say that area of Inglewood has ever been the most elegant neighborhood LOL. I only started attending the Fab Forum in the early 80s, however, I couldn't speak as to what it was like in the 70s. I expect it wasn't much different. The Forum is LA's lynchpin venue, but...part of its ambiance is its locale, so it's all good. It's your true blue urban LA venue. Since MSG management renovated it, now back to its original red facade, the indoor acoustics are the best in SoCal.

Edited by Van Squalen

Indoors : Market Square Arena Indy always sounded good there

Rupp Arena Lexington KY

Outdoors: Deer Creek/ Verizon/ Klipsch Music Center Always sounds good there too

Sadly last two times Rush appeared in Indy only 8,9 K fans

Of course only three songs played on the radio anymore

TSOTR FW TW

Both the Gorge and Red Rocks are great venues, very unique in there own ways. Love the gorge but the sound really cuts out if you aren't dead center. Red rocks is cool because it gets pretty steep and you feel closer to the stage. Cant pick a winner- I will say that while I wasn't super excited to be seeing Rush the last time around in Vegas @ MGM, I can say I was pleasantly surprised. Had cheap somewhat nosebleed seats but still with a decent view and the sound was incredible, not too mention a tequila bar was 100 feet away and we just walked into the place in like 20 seconds. Doing MGM again this year. :)

this....

I saw them in Vegas on Clockwork Angels and the sound was absolutely incredible.

I thought I read somewhere that the MGM arena was designed to have incredible sound. (perhaps per the request of an artist that played there as a house performer???)

this....

I saw them in Vegas on Clockwork Angels and the sound was absolutely incredible.

I thought I read somewhere that the MGM arena was designed to have incredible sound. (perhaps per the request of an artist that played there as a house performer???)

Concers in Vegas are the best. Venue in the hotel? No driving/parking required? f**k yes
  • Like 2

The venue I enjoyed most was the Post Gazette pavilion, I believe its called something else now- in Burgettstown, PA, about 20 miles west of Pittsburgh
  • Like 1

For me it was the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, NY - my hometown, great venue in the middle of the state park, lots of great memories there over the years.

Concord Pavilion California. I saw the S&A tour 2007. It's outdoors so the experience event to event and where you're seated may make a difference but Rush sounded great, and Geddy's voice was good that day too.

For me it was the Orpheum Theater Boston Mass March 10, 1978 AFWTK Tour, 2700 seat theater and the balcony is right on top of the stage. We were about 4-5 rows back in the balcony, being that close during songs like Xanadu and 2112 was amazing.

Alpine is a great place to see a show...I don't recall Rush playing there in the last 10 years. Perhaps it is too big...doesn't it hold 40,000? when was the last time they played Alpine?

I believe Roll The Bones Tour in June of 1992. They actually played two nights there during Presto 1990 which I thought was a bit surprising for such a big venue. I dont believe either date was sold out because of the huge lawn area.

1980 Permenant waves tour (February 13, 1980, The St. Valentines Day Massacre) at Keil Auditorium, St. Louis, Mo. Seated 9,100 people and was truly magical!

I hate you for seeing that show :LOL: would have loved to see it as it's one of my all time favorite bootlegs.