What is the best venue you have seem them at?

Regina because it was a small venue with little security. I walked right in in the afternoon and watched the setup from the stands for a bit. I saw Neil and his partner ride their bikes right in to the concourse area. My second row seat in front of Geddy didn't hurt either!

Also Red Deer was special and TO in 2010!

• Like 1

Signals from Rush - Eppelheim, Rhein-Neckar-Halle 1983

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/Rhein-N_verein_02_zpskvayhpzx.jpg

• Like 1

The Gorge Amphitheatre

Yes...and no. On the T4E Tour it was perfect. Calm...the most beautiful sunset... So perfect it drove Neil to write about it.

On the VT tour, however, it was super windy. The riggings were swinging...sound was bad. Not nearly as good.

• Like 1

The Gorge Amphitheatre

Yes...and no. On the T4E Tour it was perfect. Calm...the most beautiful sunset... So perfect it drove Neil to write about it.

On the VT tour, however, it was super windy. The riggings were swinging...sound was bad. Not nearly as good.

Didn't see either of those tours, but Time Machine was fantastic!
  • Like 1

The Gorge Amphitheatre

It is a hit or miss venue for sure. Time Machine and T4E were both beautiful nights, but I can also remember the windy ones (VT and Snakes and Arrows) with the sound being affected by the wind.
  • Like 1

The Gorge Amphitheatre

It is a hit or miss venue for sure. Time Machine and T4E were both beautiful nights, but I can also remember the windy ones (VT and Snakes and Arrows) with the sound being affected by the wind.

I'm pretty disappointed they're not playing this time around, it brings in a pretty large crowd and the band seems to really like it

I thought it was pretty much universally accepted in the concert masses that the 3 best outdoor venues (and I always maintain outdoor is ALWAYS better than indoor for acoustics, ambiance, fresh air, and general experience) in the entire US of A are Red Rocks, The Gorge, and the Santa Barbara Bowl.

I'd kill to see Rush at the SB Bowl, lol. But that's as likely as Rush playing a House of Blues.

Hollywood Bowl. Best outdoor venue in LA.

Rock-n-roll at the Hollywood Bowl!!!!

Thats one venue that I have always wanted to see a concert,

They played at a place down that way but I forget the name of it. I believe they played there during the GUP tour.

They played at a place down that way but I forget the name of it. I believe they played there during the GUP tour.

Hollywood Bowl is an epic venue. Seen many great shows there, including my best Rush show on the SnA tour in '07.

If you're talking about the Fabulous Forum, yeah they played there on the GuP tour. I have seen many many shows there over the years, lots of Van Halen gigs especially. You can't be a true blue SoCal citizen and not have seen something at the Forum. That said, until recently it was a shithole venue in a shithole neighborhood. Now it's been renovated by the MSG corp, and the acoustics are the best in LA indoors. Still a crappy neighborhood though. But the street cart vendors serve the best LA-style hot dogs on the planet. :)

Edited by Van Squalen
  • Like 1

Massey Hall when they recorded ATWAS!! That's where their final show should be.

I vote Rose Bowl. 100,000 Rush fans saying goodbye. That would be amazing.

Hollywood Bowl is an epic venue. Seen many great shows there, including my best Rush show on the SnA tour in '07.

If you're talking about the Fabulous Forum, yeah they played there on the GuP tour. I have seen many many shows there over the years, lots of Van Halen gigs especially. You can't be a true blue SoCal citizen and not have seen something at the Forum. That said, until recently it was a shithole venue in a shithole neighborhood. Now it's been renovated by the MSG corp, and the acoustics are the best in LA indoors. Still a crappy neighborhood though. But the street cart vendors serve the best LA-style hot dogs on the planet. :)

No,

It was an outside venue.

No,

It was an outside venue.

Oh, you're probably referring to Irvine Meadows. The very same place I'm going to the R40 tour date in a few months. Irvine is...ehhh. It's a SoCal fixture. The last time I was there was in '92 for the Roll the Bones tour. It's widely panned, but it's cheap and everybody in south LA or San Diego hits the shows there.

• Like 1

Massey Hall when they recorded ATWAS!! That's where their final show should be.

Wouldn't it be incredible if they played a night there?

I agree-it would be an incredible show. I still think they have something planned for next year.

Hospitality Point... 1997... outdoor...on Mission Bay...in San Diego...for the ambiance.

Irvine Meadows Amphitheater...1989...last show on tour...for the sound.

Bell Centre...2008...for the thrill.

• Like 1

No,

It was an outside venue.

Oh, you're probably referring to Irvine Meadows. The very same place I'm going to the R40 tour date in a few months. Irvine is...ehhh. It's a SoCal fixture. The last time I was there was in '92 for the Roll the Bones tour. It's widely panned, but it's cheap and everybody in south LA or San Diego hits the shows there.

Thats it!! :ebert:

I tried to convince a friend to drive us to the concert but he backed out at the last minute. :madra:

• Like 1