ALIEN

RUSHHEAD666

Hey, don't be hating on Jonesy. He's no Toonces, but he has great screen presence.

http://catsonfilm.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/aliens04.jpg?w=640&h=344

Even you guys who do not like cats, it does at least add something to the film: isolated for months, maybe years on a spaceship, undoubtedly for company a pet would make absolute sense, and a cat can easily look after itself without much hassle.

Plus it can chase and catch the random space herpes.

yes, defo.

wait...what?

Hey, don't be hating on Jonesy. He's no Toonces, but he has great screen presence.

Even you guys who do not like cats, it does at least add something to the film: isolated for months, maybe years on a spaceship, undoubtedly for company a pet would make absolute sense, and a cat can easily look after itself without much hassle.

yes, defo.

wait...what?

The Ice Pirates. :D

Watched the first half of Aliens yesterday. The special edition.

Why do film studios always have to tamper with films? The extended cut should never have been edited down!

Edited by Segue Myles

Why do film studios always have to tamper with films? The extended cut should never have been edited down!

I much prefer the extended cut as well but I understand the thinking for the edits. It made the action faster and kept the tension high.

I don't agree. I have the special edition box set with all the movies and to me the extra scenes don't fit as well.

And in retrospect it's creepier that Dallas just disappears off somewhere on the giant ship and you never see him again. Not to mention showing him in the wall slowly growing into a Xenomorph doesn't jive with the whole Queen / egg / facehugger / chestburster cycle that was refined and established in Aliens.

And the scene where the Alien's about to kill that other woman with Parker.. well you can REALLY TELL it's just a dude in a suit and it looks cheesy.

Edited by Del_Duio

I don't agree. I have the special edition box set with all the movies and to me the extra scenes don't fit as well.

And in retrospect it's creepier that Dallas just disappears off somewhere on the giant ship and you never see him again. Not to mention showing him in the wall slowly growing into a Xenomorph doesn't jive with the whole Queen / egg / facehugger / chestburster cycle that was refined and established in Aliens.

And the scene where the Alien's about to kill that other woman with Parker.. well you can REALLY TELL it's just a dude in a suit and it looks cheesy.

i think the scene with Dallas in the hive is creepy as hell.

i think the scene with Dallas in the hive is creepy as hell.

I do too.

So watching Alien3, and I am gobsmacked: I LOVE IT!

Not as much as the first two, obviously, but it is much better than I remember!

:eh:

I was wrong...after I posted that it went downhill and I was like "aaaahhh...yeah thats why it sucks".

Will file under guilty pleasure. I enjoy it despite knowing it really isn't good.

I saw Alien 3 when it came out, being a devotee of the first two movies, and while I didn't love it I thought it was well done despite trying a little too hard to be deep and cerebral -- seemed a very ambitious and expensive metaphor for HIV/AIDS ..."You're ass is already on the line, the only question is what're you gonna do about it!?" Could've been worse, which isn't high praise I guess. In terms of any supposed continuity for some Alien mythology, I just think of the first two as canonical and ignore the rest, incl the AVP movies and Prometheus, even though I enjoy the first AVP and even Prometheus. Re Prometheus I just ignore the stupidity, which is abundant; it's beautiful and fantastic at certain points; could've been so much better though. Anyway, in my mind the space jockey is still from some weird ass alien space faring race, not just a big albino homo sapien in a suit.
  • Like 1

I was wrong...after I posted that it went downhill and I was like "aaaahhh...yeah thats why it sucks".

Will file under guilty pleasure. I enjoy it despite knowing it really isn't good.

I like most any movie with Sigourney Weaver in it and she's been in some oddball stuff over the years. :)

• Like 1

+1 Heartbreakers, for example, is a somewhat overlooked comic masterpiece, IMO.
  • Like 1

+1 Heartbreakers, for example, is a somewhat overlooked comic masterpiece, IMO.

Agreed!

yes, defo.

wait...what?

The Ice Pirates. :D

Hello, Kitty! :hi: