• Like 1

Watching this movie now.

It withstands the test of time.

One of the greatest films of all time.

Weaver is absolutely the best!

RIP GIGER

Scott is amazing

My only quirk is the stupid cat.

I love the movies, I love Giger's works with Celtic Frost and Triptykon and I love cats as well !!!

Jones is one of the two survivors of Nostromo after all and the only one whose life has never been actually threated by Alien....

To disrespect poor little Jones makes me wanna slap RUSHHEAD with a sweaty fish and feed him to lions!

The first two Alien films are masterpieces, and the reason why both are so great is the second film took the franchise into full on action movie terrain, rather than simply rehashing the horror of the original. Both are equal in my eyes. The design of the alien always strikes me as organic, it looks freakishly real, and plausible.

Sigourney Weaver is brilliant, but so is that adorable cat! Cor, I was so concerned for Jones life I actually stopped breathing and died.

Sorta made that last bit up...never mind!

• Like 1

Earl, what was wrong with the cat?! :o :(

In all honesty, Jones is one of the most endearing parts of the film.

I always pity animals in peril, especially since I lost my two gorgeous cats recently!

Watching this movie now.

It withstands the test of time.

One of the greatest films of all time.

Weaver is absolutely the best!

RIP GIGER

Scott is amazing

My only quirk is the stupid cat.

Alien is a flawless movie IMO. Atmosphere, effects, tension, acting too.

Jonsie is awesome, what's wrong with you???

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

I always pity animals in peril, especially since I lost my two gorgeous cats recently!

2 x :hug2: for your kitties... :(

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

2 x :hug2: for your kitties... :(

Thanks! Means a lot...had one of them for 15 years. So sad...

But seriously Rushhead...Earl...why you be so hard on poor little Jonesy?

• Like 1

Great movie but I prefer the 2nd because it's so awesomely quotable.

"GAME OVER!"

"Get away from her you BITCH!"

Plus, it has a satisfying scene where the alien kills off someone who actually deserves it for being a douchebag,

Paul Reiser.

. Not too different from Prometheus when

Theron gets crushed.

Both got their just desserts.

How I hate Prometheus...the cast was too pretty and the film too starry...

The charm of the original is that they, as well as the film itself, felt real, down to earth, believable human beings. Prometheus just came across as a big budget science fiction movie. And Theron, my goodness she was in full beauty queen mode and strut her way through every scene. Desperate Housewives in outer space. Only less violent lol.

• Like 2

Great movie. I have only been physically frightened twice at the movies in my life. Seeing this movie when it came out and the first Halloween movie. I of course was very young then too... :scared:
  • Like 1

Great movie. I have only been physically frightened twice at the movies in my life. Seeing this movie when it came out and the first Halloween movie. I of course was very young then too... :scared:

That chest burster scene in the original scared the crap out of me. I remember hearing at the time that a lot of people left the theater during that scene. It was pretty unique for the time.

The first two movies are some of my favorites of all time. The only thing that looks really dated now in the original movie is Ash's head after Ripley knocks it off. The rest of it holds up really well. The second movie is perfection from start to finish.

I loved the movie so much I had a dog named Ripley. :)

• Like 3

That chest burster scene in the original scared the crap out of me. I remember hearing at the time that a lot of people left the theater during that scene. It was pretty unique for the time.

The first two movies are some of my favorites of all time. The only thing that looks really dated now in the original movie is Ash's head after Ripley knocks it off. The rest of it holds up really well. The second movie is perfection from start to finish.

I loved the movie so much I had a dog named Ripley. :)

It was really ahead of its time. I remember being so clenched up during the original that my legs hurt so bad when it ended I could barely walk out of the theater. High tension not unlike the original Jaws with hardly ever even seeing the "bad guy" so to speak. Brilliant production... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

Jaws and Alien/s are better than any of the scary movies made the last thirty years.

I know loads of people my age and younger who still get creeped out...most modern horrors just get a yawn.

• Like 1

bring it

Alien 5 Will Not Discard The Last Two Movies

Neill Blomkamp has, to no one's surprise, been in the news quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately for poor old Chappie, who's set to make friends with the world next week, the film press seems a little more interested in talking about Blomkamp's next project. Considering that project deals with reviving the Alienfranchise for one last ride, who can blame them? Especially when the latest word from the man himself is that this new, and presumably final, chapter will work within the continuity of the original series run.

French site AlloCine had the chance to speak with Blomkamp on a red carpet, and despite previous reports from certain outlets that suggested the film would be overriding the events of Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, the District 9 director made it clear that the complete opposite is the case. He told the reporter,

"I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 or Resurrection. My favorites are the first two and I want to make a film that is connected to Alien and Aliens

So while Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection might stay in the canon of Alien films, that doesn't necessarily mean that Neil Blomkamp has to pay them too much mind in his new story. We've already seen concept art he released on Instagram showing a rather dynamite Ripley teaming with a somehow back-from-the-dead Colonel Hicks (who was played by Michael Biehn in Aliens. This isn’t a problem if Alien Resurrection is still in play, because the same cloning experiments that brought Ripley back to life hundreds of years after Alien 3 could have very easily turned Hicks into the Alien equivalent of Boba Fett. This means the military and the Weyland Yutani Corporation could be sharing a perfect clone army of Michael Biehn replicas, waiting for their orders (yes please).

Of course, there's another, less feasible option that ComingSoon hopes could be in the works: Alien 5 could be a midquel between two of the pre-existing films. While it might be too early to rule anything out, it's not too early to think that this idea would be extremely ill-advised. Not only would this be a more expensive film to make, with tons of CGI manipulation needed to turn the clock 30+ years on both Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn, it would also directly conflict Blomkamp's wishes not to alter any of the previous Alien or Prometheus films.

Alien 5 seems to be the film that Sigourney Weaver has been wishing to make for years. After over a decade of hoping, she and Ridley Scott (in a producing role) could give Ellen Ripley the send-off she deserves. Considering Weaver and Neill Blomkamp are both celebrating the forthcoming opening of Chappie, it's a safe bet that Weaver considers the franchise to be in safe hands. After Blomkamp's admission of guilt involving the suckage that was Elysium, it's not as big of a stretch to think that his chops could bring glory to the Alien franchise.

UPDATE: Michael Biehn confirms that he’s returning as Hicks in Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel

Edited by Rushman14

I actually really like Alien Resurrection.

Alien3 has its moments, but overall it ruins the "happy" ending of the second from the moment it begins.

Did they have to kill off Newt?

Alien3 has its moments, but overall it ruins the "happy" ending of the second from the moment it begins.

I suspect Alien 3 and resurrection will now be nightmares Ripley had in hyper-sleep and Alien 5 will pick up after Aliens. Especially since Michael Biehn has confirmed he's returning as Hicks.

I suspect Alien 3 and resurrection will now be nightmares Ripley had in hyper-sleep and Alien 5 will pick up after Aliens. Especially since Michael Biehn has confirmed he's returning as Hicks.

I could live with that.

I find the history of the making of Alien3 better than the film itself. I even find the premise intriguing, but the script left a lot to be desired. And I cannot forgive a film that puts emphasis on animal deaths.

Sure its stupid to complain with all the man eating aliens runnjng amok, but for goodness sake leave the poor dog alone!

I could live with that.

I find the history of the making of Alien3 better than the film itself. I even find the premise intriguing, but the script left a lot to be desired. And I cannot forgive a film that puts emphasis on animal deaths.

Sure its stupid to complain with all the man eating aliens runnjng amok, but for goodness sake leave the poor dog alone!

I could live with it too. Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time. Alien 3 was a horrible and depressing sequel. I cannot forgive a film that in the first 5 minutes, kills off most of the main characters that you were rooting for in the previous movie.

I could live with that.

I could live with it too. Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time. Alien 3 was a horrible and depressing sequel. I cannot forgive a film that in the first 5 minutes, kills off most of the main characters that you were rooting for in the previous movie.

I thought it was dreadful. It has some interesting set designs, but they were wasted in this movie.

What I like abiut Resurrection is that, as mediocre as it is, they at least remembered to attempt to make a "fun" action movie.

I can take depressing movies, but killing off the good guys from the previous movie is unforgivable. Imagine if Babe 2 was called Pork Chop?

Meh.

Which one had that godawful McCall android?

Which one had that godawful McCall android?

Cannot remember...maybe I should watch them all again to find out!

Jaws and Alien/s are better than any of the scary movies made the last thirty years.

I know loads of people my age and younger who still get creeped out...most modern horrors just get a yawn.

I think a lot of that has to do with the modern moviemakers. They have forgotten the basic premise of fear… The scariest thing is not necessarily on the screen but in your mind. What a person can imagine is always worse them what they can reproduce with a rubber monster or digital effects. The first movie was so scary because you didn't really get a good view of the alien until at the end.

• Like 3