Does anyone else LIKE Feedback?

TexMike

I like Feedback because they got back to basics and had some fun.Anyway we have it and if we didn't we would probably be asking why didnt they do it?

Sorry to see so many don't like it, I'll always have a soft spot for it because it was my first Rush album that I purchased at the R30 concert. I didn't know Rush all that well and I was impressed by their musicianship and the fact that I loved Buffalo Springfield and the Yardbirds. :coy: I don't agree about them doing a Zeppelin song, that would be strange to me. :eh:
  • Like 1

Sorry to see so many don't like it, I'll always have a soft spot for it because it was my first Rush album that I purchased at the R30 concert. I didn't know Rush all that well and I was impressed by their musicianship and the fact that I loved Buffalo Springfield and the Yardbirds. :coy: I don't agree about them doing a Zeppelin song, that would be strange to me. :eh:

Well, except for "Summertime Blues", "Crossroads", and "For What it's Worth", these were all new songs to me. So that album introduced me to new music, really. I like The Who, but I still think Rush's version of "The Seeker" kicks their version's ass!

I like Feedback for what it is. They did some great covers, even if they were very straight forward interpretations.

Their version of Crossroads is great because it has more bottom end than the Cream version with more "rockish" drums from Neil as opposed to the more bluesy jam style from Cream.

The only real difference between The Seeker on The Who and Rush is Geddy vs. Roger Daltrey. No real preference there.

I never really listen to Feedback, though I never skip the covers on the R30 album.

• Like 2

I like Feedback for what it is. They did some great covers, even if they were very straight forward interpretations.

Their version of Crossroads is great because it has more bottom end than the Cream version with more "rockish" drums from Neil as opposed to the more bluesy jam style from Cream.

The only real difference between The Seeker on The Who and Rush is Geddy vs. Roger Daltrey. No real preference there.

I never really listen to Feedback, though I never skip the covers on the R30 album.

I think Rush's version of "The Seeker" is much heavier. To me, The Who's rendition seems almost...I don't know...soft, compared to some of their other stuff. But, to be fair, I heard the Rush version first.

Well, except for "Summertime Blues", "Crossroads", and "For What it's Worth", these were all new songs to me. So that album introduced me to new music, really. I like The Who, but I still think Rush's version of "The Seeker" kicks their version's ass!

RUSH did a great job on that one.
  • Like 2