I was totally unaware that anyone had a problem with Countdown...

fraroc

I've always really liked it. I don't really understand the hate. Seems like a cool song to me.

Yep, it's really just a simple catchy tune. No need to try to assign some deep, philosophical meaning to it as I think some are doing here.

On that note, there is a song I skip on this album, but it's not Countdown.

• Like 2

The song is OK. I just think it builds to nothing. Musically, it feels like it's building to this big, epic crescendo that never ends up happening and it leaves me a bit disappointed. Also, lyrically the song is very dated since the space program is dead in the US right now. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

This song was more impressive when the shuttle program was new, today it feels dated but is still better than most songs from Stryper.

This is Rush, the band of 2112, Bytor&The Snow Dog, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, Red Barchetta and Countdown ranks right up with them! :D-13:

Right there with ya, Tony!

Hiya pal. How's it going?

This is Rush, the band of 2112, Bytor&The Snow Dog, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, Red Barchetta and Countdown ranks right up with them! :D-13:

Still got crap taste in Rush songs eh?

This song was more impressive when the shuttle program was new, today it feels dated but is still better than all songs from Presto.

Fixed

Still got crap taste in Rush songs eh?

I'm good, and still the undisputed #1. And what are you talking about? I'm just "quoting" your words!

Edited by bordercollie

Points for funny but Chain Lightning and Scars might be better.

Than Stryper?

Maybe Chain Lightning. Not so sure about Scars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGv42itK-vM

This song was more impressive when the shuttle program was new, today it feels dated but is still better than most songs from Stryper.

It's sort of like trying to explain to a young person how the lyric in song 'Blinded By the Light' is about reving up the engine of a 32' Ford Coupe Deuce.

When in reality, no one revs up engines anymore. Kids think the Shuttle was something Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck flew to that asteroid.

Plus we all NOW sing it 'Wrapped up like a douche'

• Like 1

It's sort of like trying to explain to a young person how the lyric in song 'Blinded By the Light' is about reving up the engine of a 32' Ford Coupe Deuce.

When in reality, no one revs up engines anymore. Kids think the Shuttle was something Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck flew to that asteroid.

Plus we all NOW sing it 'Wrapped up like a douche'

Which makes absolutely no sense.

Countdown is pretty good, all things considered - and this coming from a guy who thinks Permanent Waves was the beginning of the end ;)

I can listen, and enjoy - esp the sections at about 2:00 where I'm like "oh oh oh, yes, I hear RUSH in there somewhere"

I do like the cheese keyboard - very R-Type or Zillion