#41 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostJohn V, on 28 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Hope this is okay in this section?

Been looking at some shirts and stuff at Rush.com Backstage and was wondering about the quality of the clothing?
My wife wants a new tee for the show and so do I.  The R-40 tee to be exact.
Is the Backstage the only place to buy Rush apparel and how is the quality.  I am willing to pay for good quality merchandise.
TIA

NEVER had a problem yet. Good quality stuff.

Unfortunately for me, I haven't really been liking anything since the 2013 Clockworks Angels line. Not much into the custom scene for the most part, unless they're outside of the venue. Don't think I have too many Rush shirts without tour dates except for polos..

Sponsored Post

#42 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

View Postbathory, on 28 March 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

can't believe hemispheres shirts ended up at a hot topic! I guess rush is hip now

Tragic.

#43 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

Well since the Backstage Club is the official band merchandise site, it's the same quality (and the same STUFF) you get when they tour?!?!  So if you like what you get when they wander through your town, then you'll like this stuff!

I remember buying all of the old original leftover from tour stuff from them WAY back!   it was always the same quality as what the vendors were selling.

#44 dtpoet

dtpoet

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

View Postbrat7760, on 28 March 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I would love to order one of the Blah Blah Blah shirts. I need some help. I don't have a Facebook account (and never will) but my wife does. Does she need to log-in before I can email them with the request?

Thanks in advance and I know I might be one the the few who is not on Facebook, but it is not my thing.

How come people who say they will never go on Facebook usually end up needing to go on Facebook? 😏. Jk.

#45 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21765 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

View Postdtpoet, on 30 March 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

I would love to order one of the Blah Blah Blah shirts. I need some help. I don't have a Facebook account (and never will) but my wife does. Does she need to log-in before I can email them with the request?

Thanks in advance and I know I might be one the the few who is not on Facebook, but it is not my thing.

How come people who say they will never go on Facebook usually end up needing to go on Facebook? 😏. Jk.

I've never understood the fear and aversion towards Facebook. It's a great place to be able to connect with friends. I guess maybe it is what you make of it.

#46 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  My wife ordered each of us shirts yesterday.  Supposed to take 2-3 weeks delivery.

#47 RushBoingo

RushBoingo

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1094 posts
  • Interests:Concerts, Music, Amusement Parks, Road Trips, Laughing.
    Favorite Bands: Animal Collective, They Might Be Giants, Rush, too may others to list here

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

I can safely say, that the oldest shirt I have (2010) that still fits, has survived countless washes, and rush concerts with only one tiny hole (easily sew-able if I cared enough) in one of the arm pit seams. That shirt is a power windows shirt, and the graphic after all these years looks practically the same. I only wear it to concerts now though, because I am always getting new shirts, so I have kind of a rotation going on, not in a fashion sense, but I keep finding funny shirts I like.

#48 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 9561 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 30 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

View Postdtpoet, on 30 March 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

How come people who say they will never go on Facebook usually end up needing to go on Facebook? . Jk.

I've never understood the fear and aversion towards Facebook. It's a great place to be able to connect with friends. I guess maybe it is what you make of it.

it's because it's popular. quickest way to look cool is to act like everything popular is shitty.

#49 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5538 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Rockin' the olive Caress of Steel today.  (ebay find)

Backstage stuff is "official" and top quality as others have said...

I like searching Amazon for some unusual items offered by different vendors.

#50 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

My daughter got me the COS tee shirt from Hot Topic some years ago.  I just noticed it was made by Hanes.  Cheap and very thin.  I think thats what got me thinking about this.

Edited by John V, 01 April 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#51 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Danforth & Pape are re-releasing these two shirts:

Posted Image

Ordering info is on their FB page: https://www.facebook...677938889000353

#52 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 02 April 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nice!! Would love to have these two... :cheers:

#53 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21765 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 02 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

I like their ideas but I'm not a fan of the designs.  They remind me of industrial safety patches.

#54 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

I like their ideas but I'm not a fan of the designs.  They remind me of industrial safety patches.
I like em. Something different than the typical stuff I have plenty of... :)

#55 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21765 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 02 April 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well yeah, that's true. Album covers and logos get a bit boring.

#56 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

I can't even figure out how to order one of course... :rage:

#57 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21765 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 02 April 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

I can't even figure out how to order one of course... :rage:

You send them a private message with your info.

#58 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image

Not a fan of the ideas or the designs, but that's just me.

#59 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5841 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

OK, I have far too much time on my hands tonight so bear with me!  This is the first time I have posted photos here and of course they are all different sizes so I hope this makes sense.  Anyway, last week I thought some folks in this thread said they were interested in Geddy shirts .  I was and I did some research and shopping so here are some interesting ones that I found.  BTW they are all unofficial and unauthorized and I don't know anything about sizes or fabric quality except for the Amazon UK one that I read some reviews on because that is my favorite :)  So, here goes!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The recent photo one of Geddy is from Etsy- https://www.etsy.com....m...ck-rush?     The BLAH BLAH one is a Cafe Press copy of the one someone said is from Danforth and Pape?  It might come faster from C Press but I don't know what their t shirt quality is like, I have only ordered their bumper stickers :)  http://www.cafepress...=513426485 The one with the 70's Geddy photo is my favorite so I looked into that one a little more.  It is from Amazon.uk   Anyone can order from there, you just have to set up an account.  (My son gets Kraftwerk imports from there all the time.) They charge a lot for shipping though!  The shirt is  L 14.99 pounds, which is about $22.00, OK. I read some reviews of other shirts that the same company makes and people like them a lot!  However, Amazon.uk then charges L 12.98 for shipping (near as I could gather) which is about $19.00!!  Eat it, Amazon.uk!! www.amazon.co...dp/B00K6QUCV0   ( I think I'm going to order this anyway, I like it that much.)  The Geddy with double neck tee is also from a UK shop but they charge a much more reasonable L3.80 for shipping which is like 5.65.  Here is that link-  http://www.bathroomw...rt-p-227.html  

Of course I had to like the expensive one!!  Anyway, have fun looking at the photos!

#60 G Lee

G Lee

The Seeker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

View Postblueschica, on 04 April 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

OK, I have far too much time on my hands tonight so bear with me!  This is the first time I have posted photos here and of course they are all different sizes so I hope this makes sense.  Anyway, last week I thought some folks in this thread said they were interested in Geddy shirts .  I was and I did some research and shopping so here are some interesting ones that I found.  BTW they are all unofficial and unauthorized and I don't know anything about sizes or fabric quality except for the Amazon UK one that I read some reviews on because that is my favorite :)  So, here goes!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The recent photo one of Geddy is from Etsy- https://www.etsy.com....m...ck-rush?     The BLAH BLAH one is a Cafe Press copy of the one someone said is from Danforth and Pape?  It might come faster from C Press but I don't know what their t shirt quality is like, I have only ordered their bumper stickers :)  http://www.cafepress...=513426485 The one with the 70's Geddy photo is my favorite so I looked into that one a little more.  It is from Amazon.uk   Anyone can order from there, you just have to set up an account.  (My son gets Kraftwerk imports from there all the time.) They charge a lot for shipping though!  The shirt is  L 14.99 pounds, which is about $22.00, OK. I read some reviews of other shirts that the same company makes and people like them a lot!  However, Amazon.uk then charges L 12.98 for shipping (near as I could gather) which is about $19.00!!  Eat it, Amazon.uk!! www.amazon.co...dp/B00K6QUCV0   ( I think I'm going to order this anyway, I like it that much.)  The Geddy with double neck tee is also from a UK shop but they charge a much more reasonable L3.80 for shipping which is like 5.65.  Here is that link-  http://www.bathroomw...rt-p-227.html  

Of course I had to like the expensive one!!  Anyway, have fun looking at the photos!

I have the top one from Etsy. It's really good quality and very comfortable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users