TRF iPad Pics

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

I can't figure out how to post pics to the forum while using the iPad. PC is easy but my iDevice has me flummoxed.  :(

Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Are you talking about pictures that you have hosted on another site or trying to get the links to post here? They are two different things. If you have a photo up on something like Photobucket, all you have to do is get the link and put image tags around that link. Like this... [img ] your link [/img ]  and take out the spaces.

Edited by EagleMoon, 28 March 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#3 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

I was thinking about pics from my Safari web browser and Google app.

#4 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 28 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

I was thinking about pics from my Safari web browser and Google app.

So you're wanting to know how to copy the link?

#5 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23473 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yes I guess the link directly to the pic. I know how to grab the link to web sites with the pic, say an article with a pic but not the pic itself.

Edited by JohnRogers, 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#6 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Yes I guess the link directly to the pic. I know how to grab the link to web sites with the pic, say an article with a pic but not the pic itself.

On an iPad you need to hold your finger over the address bar in the browser until it pops up a menu, click "select all," then click "copy."  To paste the URL, go to where you want it pasted and tap until you get a menu that allows you to select "paste."

#7 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. I've found that if you go to the actual page that the picture is on that it will copy the link more times than if you're doing like a Google search, but other times you can't get the link no matter what you do.

#8 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

:blink: ....

#9 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

How about simply posting pics from the iPad/Tablet/smartphone? Do they have to be existing on a website already?

#10 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostGompers, on 10 June 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

How about simply posting pics from the iPad/Tablet/smartphone? Do they have to be existing on a website already?

Yes, they do.  Any photos posted on TRF (except for your avatar pic) have to be hosted on another public website.  You cannot post (upload) a pic directly from your own device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users