Anybody else thinking about skipping this tour?

If I paid for a Bermuda vacation and it rained every day, i would still go and be extatic.

Whatever THAT is. :D

If I paid for a Bermuda vacation and it rained every day, i would still go and be extatic.

It's an island east of Savannah and South of Halifax. It's exotic.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

It's an island east of Savannah and South of Halifax. It's exotic.

Oh. I always thought it was west of Morocco and north of Caracas.

• Like 1

I have to admit that for the first time in decades I’m not that excited about going to see them. I have an idea that they may well still tour small venues in the future and that is my dream. To see RUSH at the House of Blues would be something I would change my schedule for. I guess I may have seen them too much.
  • Like 3

Be careful, WC. The fan base here is 100% all in for R41. House of Blues would be cool, but I think their future would be closer to a Dead type reunion. A couple of large venue shows, NY and/or LA, baseball or soccer stadium. Then it's off to Florida for our beloved band.

Be careful, WC. The fan base here is 100% all in for R41. House of Blues would be cool, but I think their future would be closer to a Dead type reunion. A couple of large venue shows, NY and/or LA, baseball or soccer stadium. Then it's off to Florida for our beloved band.

well... not fla... not alex... lol.
  • Like 2

I have'nt seen Rush since 1979 in the UK and would very much like to see them if it is definately going to be their last tour.

As they don't come to Australia it's going to be a bit out of my budget to see them in the states or Canada.

well... not fla... not alex... lol.

And I just read that thread last week! As long as they stick to Miami / West Palm area, they should be fine! Just booked our third FL vaca in 10 mos, guess I got it on my mind!

I'm mildly excited - not like I have been in years previous.

I would definitely see them in more venues if tickets hadn't been such a b#tch to get and if the prices weren't so flippin' ridiculous.

It's as much about seeing my friends in their cities as it is about seeing the band any more.

That being said - I have to see them at least once (and I am) for each tour. I do feel financially raped though.

• Like 2

Tough checking the like this with such a strong use of the r word ;-)

But I get it. In NY, prime tix are double U2 and The Who. Double. Rush could have opened up more side/rear seats like they did in their prime, but so far, the promoter is being protected. On RTB, I had side second row, looking straight at Neil, better than 4th row center. The last few tours, those seats were not even available for sale... The R41 machine after mediocre attendance on CA tour. No Orchestra VS?

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I have to admit that for the first time in decades I’m not that excited about going to see them. I have an idea that they may well still tour small venues in the future and that is my dream. To see RUSH at the House of Blues would be something I would change my schedule for. I guess I may have seen them too much.

Who knows. Doesn't seem that likely to me, because I don't think they will play if they can't put "everything" into it. Why take that risk?

I have seen them 6 times in a single year, small potatoes compared to some of my friends but outlandish to others. Those 6 shows probably cost what I'm paying this year for 2 tickets.

I haven't missed a tour since Presto and I wasn't about to start. Since it is possibly our only shoe this tour, we went big, but by no means are these the highest quality tickets... We bought silver VIP and still are halfway back in the arena. (However, we should have SWAG coming) we paid 300 US dollars, and with the conversion they were 400 Canadian on my card. I wouldn't complain if the seats were great. But they aren't.

Edited by sundog

The risk? Be careful?

I saw them at their peak many many times and have seen them many times since. I won’t regret not seeing them at the last opportunity. I sat directly above and behind Neil all alone in a closed area of Reunion Arena while he played the YYZ solo. I had to opportunity to meet Ged and Alex as they went to their busses in 86. There will be no regrets.

Perhaps its as much my age as it is theirs, but I’m only going if I get a great ticket at the last minute.

• Like 2

thisis the tour to see

Because as they are not presenting a new record and will not waste so many songs from the new one

For example nobody wanted to hear feedback songs back in R30

Nobody wanted to hear Spindrft back in S&A

Nobody wanted to hear again the whole f..moving pictures back in time machine

Nobody wants to spare a fair song space with Wish them well again

This is the tour to see as they have to go through the whole darn catalog and open the vault

And maybe for good

As They could just slip in the bathtube now

Tickets are same price as other big shows and big sporting events, especially hockey. Nothing to whine about.

With the risk of sounding like a broken record, HYF, oops...

R41 in NYC prime seats are DOUBLE Who and DOUBLE U2 ticket prices...

Edited by Gabrielgil513