Anybody else thinking about skipping this tour?

This is NOT an endorsement of Stubhub, but I'm just passing on the latest ticket info in my area since others are sharing info on their area.

Chicago, which I've been tracking for a while, is down to about 1100 tickets from $120 or so. Prices have been gradually coming down from what I've seen. I've been tracking for friends that might go with me.

For comparison, Detroit (Auburn Hills) has 2100 tickets from $73. That's ALOT of tickets available at this point and $75 or so which is somewhat reasonable IMO.

I've already purchased my Chicago tickets. But since, I'm halfway between Chicago and Detroit, I would have bought Detroit if I was to do this again. Oh well.

Based on the numbers so far, I think Chicago will be close to a sellout because it's one of top 5 tour cities. But I think Detroit will have lots of tickets available even up to the day of the show.

Hey if you aren't into Rush as much or don't have the funds to go, that's up to you. But making excuses for not going or being cranky because 'it's not like the good old days' is a sign of getting old and skeptical. You're close to yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I believe CP's tour was the last big draw for sellouts and multiple shows in one arena that I can remember. Once TFE was released, although the setlist was great, I think alot of people had heard enough of RUSH. TFE was a major flop in the RUSH catalog, by far the cheeziest modern RUSH album.

I really don't want to but I might have to because of financial common sense. :)

fixed

why would i not want to go? i've only seen them once. it would be different if ive seen them at least ten times or more.

This is NOT an endorsement of Stubhub, but I'm just passing on the latest ticket info in my area since others are sharing info on their area.

Chicago, which I've been tracking for a while, is down to about 1100 tickets from $120 or so. Prices have been gradually coming down from what I've seen. I've been tracking for friends that might go with me.

For comparison, Detroit (Auburn Hills) has 2100 tickets from $73. That's ALOT of tickets available at this point and $75 or so which is somewhat reasonable IMO.

I've already purchased my Chicago tickets. But since, I'm halfway between Chicago and Detroit, I would have bought Detroit if I was to do this again. Oh well.

Based on the numbers so far, I think Chicago will be close to a sellout because it's one of top 5 tour cities. But I think Detroit will have lots of tickets available even up to the day of the show.

Hey if you aren't into Rush as much or don't have the funds to go, that's up to you. But making excuses for not going or being cranky because 'it's not like the good old days' is a sign of getting old and skeptical. You're close to yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Get off my lawn!!

The cheapest MSG seat within 12 rows floor was $580

BUT, if you want lower bowl, first ten rows within 2 sections from front of stage, there is ONE offering for $640. The rest are over $800. Think about that. Pause rewind replay.

I will be there twice, but think its very reasonable for some that wish to make more prudent financial decisions.

Regarding their set list, after they ignored the 70s most of last tour, its time for some payback R40!

SPOILERS!!!!!

Upon seeing the set list, the videos, and the stage changes not to mention decent seats are suddenly becoming available...Hmmmm...Imagine that.....I've had a change of heart, and am probably gonna go. I'm going to wait some more before buying tickets 'cuz prices and good seat availability are sure to get even better which was my biggest complaint from the get go.

BTW...I checked tickets for St. Paul...You can get 3rd row right now, resale (imagine that again) for 387. In Tampa, where I'm going, a comparable seat is 1082 dollars!!!! I know that's at the extreme end of the spectrum but you don't start seeing tickets for 387 until you get to row 23...Hell there's even some section 306 (top tier, all the way across the arena from the stage going for more than 3rd row in St. Paul.

Alright, I'm done complaining. See you at the show!!!

I was thinking of skipping this tour myself. Quite frankly, I find it repulsive that they decided to bore the living hell out of the audience by doing their back-to-back crap they did on S&A and CA. Mind you, I went to multiple shows on each tour, but I found a way to avoid the excessive sleep music. I would have been able to digest the amount of new material if they would have sprinkled it nicely throughout the show. However, their means of jamming the stuff down my throat like that really made me think about who is doing the thinking there. Yeah, they are my favorite band, but that does not mean I have to bend over and take it up the arse just because they are Rush and hey are slowing down.

I am keeping y 4th row Buffalo tickets. I love the crowds.

Edited by drgrendel

I was thinking of forgoing this one until a certain song turned up in the set list.

Now I gotta know...which song? Wait....not sure if you can say that in this forum

If that is how you feel, I respect that! There are other things in life more important than Rush.

If that is how you feel, I respect that! There are other things in life more important than Rush.

Springsteen? :P :D

Mick

Yes. Its never been close to be honest.

• Like 1

Enigmatically, I'm considering selling my tickets. Not sure I'm feeling it for them anymore...perhaps I'm getting to old for this? :( Ever since divorcing I find myself letting go of the past (I often lived in the past when married). Will report back if I end up going though!

If there is ever a tour that absolutely shouldn't be missed, its R40. I can't explain why, no spoilers.