Anybody else thinking about skipping this tour?

To answer the original question, No.

Especially after my true discovery of Rush. I always knew about them and listened to their mainstream hits. But 3 years ago I purchased a couple of albums and couldn't believe how much I thoroughly enjoyed every single song. Which led to buying all of their albums. I have been shuffling through them now for 3 years (almost exclusively) and I'm no where near tired of any of them yet.

I consider myself lucky to be able to see them at all even if it is on the tail end of their career's.

With regards to ticket prices, my first concert in 2012 I spent $180 a ticket and was about 100 yards away. This time I spent $140 a ticket and am in Row 7.

• Like 3

Especially after my true discovery of Rush. I always knew about them and listened to their mainstream hits. But 3 years ago I purchased a couple of albums and couldn't believe how much I thoroughly enjoyed every single song. Which led to buying all of their albums. I have been shuffling through them now for 3 years (almost exclusively) and I'm no where near tired of any of them yet.

I consider myself lucky to be able to see them at all even if it is on the tail end of their career's.

With regards to ticket prices, my first concert in 2012 I spent $180 a ticket and was about 100 yards away. This time I spent $140 a ticket and am in Row 7.

Congrats on the great score CJW. I thought I had a good deal, $300 for 11th row center. Resale prices for that start at triple right now.

If they decide to tour again, as long as I am healthy and have the $, I will go. If prices are like they are now, I will gripe. Gripe and go!

Interesting story on how you became a fan - How long did you know about Rush before buying those first albums? How long were you a rock fan before hearing those first Rush songs on the radio? Only two questions allowed.

Tickets are same price as other big shows and big sporting events, especially hockey. Nothing to whine about.

With the risk of sounding like a broken record, HYF, oops...

R41 in NYC prime seats are DOUBLE Who and DOUBLE U2 ticket prices...

You're both half right. Face value for RUSH is no higher than other major acts, but if you're going the scalper route, they are gouging the hell out of fans this time around.

And I want to clear up something I said earlier that apparently has been misunderstood. When I said that I love that Rush has not become a nostalgia act, I did not mean that playing any 70's songs is nostalgia. I would flip if they played Cinderella Man, What You're Doing, Anthem, Something for Nothing... downtune the hell out of them, I don't care :D-13: I meant that an entire concert of nothing but pre-PoW material (to reference the OP for an example) would be a nostalgia show because it excluded half of their albums.

Tickets are same price as other big shows and big sporting events, especially hockey. Nothing to whine about.

I dont know if youre talking the first few rows or what (what are prime seats?), owise the first and second bowls are customary. And NYC is the center of the world, people in Manhattan have mad cash, thats not Rush's fault - esp if youre looking at StubHub. The fact is you can go to a show at the Garden for roughly what it would cost to see the Rangers. The concept that Rush are gouging is laughable.

Yep, A list concert tickets are at their highest price ever, it seems.

Fixed.

I dunno. The only other acts that are commanding and getting these kind of prices are the Stones and U2. AC/DC, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Aerosmith, are all trying to get those prices and falling short.

Congrats on the great score CJW. I thought I had a good deal, $300 for 11th row center. Resale prices for that start at triple right now.

If they decide to tour again, as long as I am healthy and have the $, I will go. If prices are like they are now, I will gripe. Gripe and go!

Interesting story on how you became a fan - How long did you know about Rush before buying those first albums? How long were you a rock fan before hearing those first Rush songs on the radio? Only two questions allowed.

Yeah, I thought I was pretty lucky, I got the tickets about 15 minutes into the presale.

I loved being with my dad when I was younger, that meant listening to the music he liked. Most of the time it was just radio and I would always ask him who was playing. To be honest with you when Rush would come on I thought it was a woman singing. : ) But I've always enjoyed Geddy's voice.

That would mean I had known about Rush for probably close to 20 years before buying true albums. Turning 28 this year.

Glad I found them before it was too late.

And to your second question-60's, 70's, and 80's classic Rock has always been my main genre since I could remember.

• Like 1

Fixed.

I dunno. The only other acts that are commanding and getting these kind of prices are the Stones and U2. AC/DC, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Aerosmith, are all trying to get those prices and falling short.

In civilization all these bands are charging a lot for their act. AC/DC sold out a stadium tour in Europe in about a half hour. Its not just Rush. And there's a whole lot of other people other than the band making dough here. All these shows are expensive.

You're both half right. Face value for RUSH is no higher than other major acts, but if you're going the scalper route, they are gouging the hell out of fans this time around.

The scalpers charge what the market will bear. They do that for every band.

Fixed.

In civilization all these bands are charging a lot for their act. AC/DC sold out a stadium tour in Europe in about a half hour. Its not just Rush. And there's a whole lot of other people other than the band making dough here. All these shows are expensive.

I bet if I check AC/DC they would not be getting what Rush is getting. U2 and Who prime seats are much less. Of the 500 Rush tix avail on TM resale in Jan, 450 still avail. Promoters have blocked off tons of prime seats for Rush and not released the side/rear seats like they did back in the easy sellout days of yesteryear. (prime seats , resale market)

Edited by Gabrielgil513

So far here are my prices for good seats at pretty much the same distance from the stage .

Shania Twain $ 135

Foo Fighters $ 126

The Who $ 89.50

Rush $ 89

Van Halen ? (go onsale Saturday)

Fees not included.

Wow, you sound a lot like me, it's scary. Knew about them for so long but for whatever reason I just never delved deep into their catalog. Also had forgotten how many of their hits that I actually knew and liked. Once I started digging, I was pretty mad at myself. But hey, better late than never I suppose. :)

CA was my first time seeing them as well.

Definitely will be seeing Van Halen and AC/DC this year. I'm happy to put forth the effort and money to see them play the classics rather than being subjected to a setlist chock full o' soulless droning that Rush wants to force on its fans while sinfully ignoring historical greats. If they include more than two songs from their post-y2k missteps this tour, I'm officially retired from following them. Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

Fixed.

I bet if I check AC/DC they would not be getting what Rush is getting. U2 and Who prime seats are much less. Of the 500 Rush tix avail on TM resale in Jan, 450 still avail. Promoters have blocked off tons of prime seats for Rush and not released the side/rear seats like they did back in the easy sellout days of yesteryear. (prime seats , resale market)

The Who seats are not much less, check again. The whining is unfounded. The Who has a similar gold silver package thingy right up front. The average seats in the arenas for these bands are roughly the same. Its a good chunk of change and I feel sorry for teenage rock fans. I feel the same way about major sports events as well. But again, the idea that Rush is somehow gouging or special in their prices is nonsense.

Definitely will be seeing Van Halen and AC/DC this year. I'm happy to put forth the effort and money to see them play the classics rather than being subjected to a setlist chock full o' soulless droning that Rush wants to force on its fans while sinfully ignoring historical greats. If they include more than two songs from their post-y2k missteps this tour, I'm officially retired from following them.

Do us all a favor and stay home. Hahahaa. The Rush show will be great.

Definitely will be seeing Van Halen and AC/DC this year. I'm happy to put forth the effort and money to see them play the classics rather than being subjected to a setlist chock full o' soulless droning that Rush wants to force on its fans while sinfully ignoring historical greats. If they include more than two songs from their post-y2k missteps this tour, I'm officially retired from following them.

I'll decide that.

I'll decide that.

Just weighing in for the public at large, and/or the poor sods that would have to sit next to you. :) Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

Funny thing about VH and AC/DC. 1/2 the band for each group isn't there despite the bands going out under their brand name.

One thing Rush fans have never had to deal with....revolving door members.

Whew. At least the Canucks have stayed the same.

I'm a whore for Eddie Van Halen. But goddamn, can he f**k up a great band.

• Like 1

So far here are my prices for good seats at pretty much the same distance from the stage .

Shania Twain $ 135

Foo Fighters $ 126

The Who $ 89.50

Rush $ 89

Van Halen ? (go onsale Saturday)

Fees not included.

:scared:

Ticketmaster

MSG

Billy Joel:

$145 $125 $81

Eric Clapton:

$544 $333 $217 $152 $97

Rush:

$223 $120 $88 $67

PRUDENTIAL CENTER:

Shania Twain

$176 $111 $90 $63

The Who

$172 $108 $76 $61

Rush:

$224 $117 $84 $64

Ticketmaster

MSG

Billy Joel:

$145 $125 $81

Eric Clapton:

$544 $333 $217 $152 $97

Rush:

$223 $120 $88 $67

PRUDENTIAL CENTER:

Shania Twain

$176 $111 $90 $63

The Who

$172 $108 $76 $61

Rush:

$224 $117 $84 $64

Thanks for proving my point.

Fixed.

The Who seats are not much less, check again. The whining is unfounded. The Who has a similar gold silver package thingy right up front. The average seats in the arenas for these bands are roughly the same. Its a good chunk of change and I feel sorry for teenage rock fans. I feel the same way about major sports events as well. But again, the idea that Rush is somehow gouging or special in their prices is nonsense.

Dude, if you are categorizing me with that verb, you are not paying attention. As I commented many times on This Thread, I am gladly going to see Rush twice, but am sympathetic to those that believe prices are out of hand. Sympathy is not whining.

And you can get Who platinum seats at their next NYC area show fifth row at Nassau for $214.47. Pay $215 and you can get some change back.Try doing that for either NYC area Rush show, you are looking at a thousand bucks 5th row. Even the show at the Pru, outside the city, 12th row platinum, $600.

Fixed.

Dude, if you are categorizing me with that verb, you are not paying attention. As I commented many times on This Thread, I am gladly going to see Rush twice, but am sympathetic to those that believe prices are out of hand. Sympathy is not whining.

And you can get Who platinum seats at their next NYC area show fifth row at Nassau for $214.47. Pay $215 and you can get some change back.Try doing that for either NYC area Rush show, you are looking at a thousand bucks 5th row. Even the show at the Pru, outside the city, 12th row platinum, $600.

I wasnt talking about you...