Who Do You Prefer? JIMI HENDRIX OR ROBIN TROWER?

RUSHHEAD666

Get In The Ring Mutha F'ers! HENDRIX V. TROWER!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar player do you prefer?

• JIMI HENDRIX
    • ROBIN TROWER
    • FRANK MARINO
    • RANDY HANSEN

Simple poll for complex musical minds.

Robin is obviously heavily influenced by the immortal Jimi Hendrix, but which guitarist do you prefer?

I think Jimi will win this poll but I'm going with Robin!

"Bridge Of Sighs" is one of the greatest albums on the planet.

• Like 1

The only album that I really cared for by RT is Bridge of Sighs. I used to play Day Of The Eagle years ago in a former band. Great song. Frank Marino is an awesome guitarist. Jimi Hendrix was kind in a class of his own. I wouldn't say any of them were better, they were all good.
  • Like 1

Jimi, but I guess it's unfair to vote at all because I'm not at all familiar with Robert Trower :LOL:

In fact just about a month ago I was driving with my Dad and turned on "Freedom", he mistook it for Robert Trower. "Robert who?"

Jimi, but I guess it's unfair to vote at all because I'm not at all familiar with Robert Trower :LOL:

In fact just about a month ago I was driving with my Dad and turned on "Freedom", he mistook it for Robert Trower. "Robert who?"

Robert. :LOL:

I think Hendrix is a great guitar player, I really do....just wish he could write great songs too

He can't write much of anything anymore. :)

I think Hendrix is a great guitar player, I really do....just wish he could write great songs too

:no:

To bad he never did anything with Miles...

:no:

To bad he never did anything with Miles...

That's true. Every now and then I think about all of the musicians that died young and wonder what they could've done had they lived.

Love both Hendrix and Trower. But I'm giving the nod to Hendrix, because it was him that first made me do guitarist poses with a tennis racket when I was 4 years old. So he got the whole ball rolling for me :guitar:
  • Like 1

Never claimed to be, never wanted to be. But his recording career stands on it's own and it's fantastic, especially his last cd, recorded at the age of 69.

My mistake, I thought you were downplaying Trower's abilities and career by throwing in that overused "he is no Jimi" statement. Forgive me , but that's like someone who really aren't familiar with anything Rush has done besides loving Moving Pictures and downplaying them as "They are no Led Zeppelin", and ignoring who and what Rush really are.

Simple poll for complex musical minds.

Robin is obviously heavily influenced by the immortal Jimi Hendrix, but which guitarist do you prefer?

I think Jimi will win this poll but I'm going with Robin!

"Bridge Of Sighs" is one of the greatest albums on the planet.

...Yeah, a great album. End to end. I guess I'm just a bit tainted because I've been listening to a lot of '69-'70 Hendrix lately. Voted for him. Billy Cox's bass playing is really appreciated, too.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I love Jimi. I love all of his music but Robin is more melodic. I guess you get the best of both worlds.

Would have be wonderful to see Jimi and Robin play live together.

Jimi has the kick ass rough balls sound. Robin is cleaner with balls as well.

Shit, just get your "BALLS TO THE WALL MAN!"

Signed,

ACCEPT

• Like 1

RUSHHEAD666, I was fortunate to see a Trower concert with Roy Buchanan backing him up in a small Ma. venue in the mid 80's, shortly before Buchanan hung himself(supposedly).

hendrix!

trower's killer but I was actually underwhelmed when I first listened to him. all I'd heard about was how he was some underrated god, I went in with expectations way too high.