Least Glorious to ???? - LIVE (FINAL ROUND)

Bigbobby10

Least Glorious to ???? - LIVE (FINAL ROUND)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite album

• All The Worlds A Stage
    • Different Stages

10. Time Machine Tour

9. Clockwork Angels Tour

8. A Show of Hands

7. Rush in Rio

6. Snakes and Arrows Tour

5. R30 - 30th Anniversary World Tour

4. Grace Under Pressure (Live)

3. Exit... Stage Left

Im voting for All the Worlds a Stage, I love it, but I think Different Stages is better overall

(REMEMBER TO VOTE THE ALBUM YOU WANT OUT)

oh dear...

This is a really hard choice!

All The World´s A Stage is a great live album as a whole concert (I know it´s from three different dates, but it´s made like one concert)

But Different Stages... it´s a great compilation of live songs from their best concerts. And disc 3, it´s a great concert from A Farewell To Kings Tour!

Narps has voted for ATWAS? Was that a mistake? :huh:

I just get curious once in a while if anyone is really paying attention... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Fixed. Thanks Y_L... :cheers:

That's better :cheers:

You almost had to turn in your Ambassador credentials

• Like 2

Fixed. Thanks Y_L... :cheers:

That's better :cheers:

You almost had to turn in your Ambassador credentials

:LOL: ...
  • Like 1

I can´t decide!!!!!! I am sitting here and thinking about what to vote on, but I can´t decide!!!

This is two of my favorite live albums ever!

Edited by YYZumbi

I have more of an attachment to ATWAS, which may be my favorite live album ever. But Different Stages contains a live album almost as good on Disc 3, and it has 2 other discs with great versions of songs from Rush's entire history. If I were judging by an average of my rating of each individual song, ATWAS would win merely because it lacks songs from Counterparts and each song on it is killer. But if we go for the value of the entire package, there's just too much great material on Different Stages to ignore.

ATWAS may be my favorite live album, but I think that Different Stages is better, and I may even choose it in a "desert island" scenario.

• Like 2

Different Stages is the best. By a wide margin, at that. Full 2112 (ATWAS doesn't have Oracle), Natural Science, AND the awesome '77 performance? ATWAS simply cannot compare.
  • Like 1

Different Stages. Something for everybody to enjoy. ATWAS has some damn fine moments like By-Tor and all of the material from 2112, but it really suffers from being released so early in their career. There simply isn't enough material to make it as awesome as I would like. Had this been recording during the Hemispheres or Permanent Waves tours it would be 10x better.

Diferent Stages encompasses just about their entire career up to the point of release. There's quite a bit of absence of 80's material, particularly p/g-Hold Your Fire, and while that's unfortunate (though not to some of you), they picked by far some of the best tracks out of the 70's and 90's, with excellent rarities at this point like Test For Echo, Nobody's Hero, 2112 in its entirety, you get the idea. Then they throw on some of their finest written tracks ever like Natural Science, and this performance is absolutely full of energy, and the crowd is pretty lively, though no crowd will ever match Rio's. This is a group of guys in their 40's playing some fantastic material with a performance that matches their energy of the 70's, but with the substantial catalog to back it up. I'll take Resist, Test For Echo, and Nobody's Hero over Lakeside Park or In The Mood any day.

In addition, for the old school fans who want to pretend 82-97 didn't exist for Rush, or simply prefer the older bits, if you can handle sick Geddy then disc 3 is perfect. You get a live version of Xanadu, AFTK, Cygnus, and most of the better material from ATWAS, minus 2112.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

Whichever one wins is pretty deserving. At this point if ATWAS wins that's fine by me, my opinion of the first 3 albums is just pretty low compared to most other people. You can't deny the rawness and energy of this one. I'm just glad the wannabe live album didn't make it into the final round.

My one gripe is that neither R30 or Rio made it far. Excellent energy and even better setlists than Different Stages, and the live feel of those two is spectacular.

Edited by BowlCity

Whichever one wins is pretty deserving. At this point if ATWAS wins that's fine by me, my opinion of the first 3 albums is just pretty low compared to most other people. I'm just glad the wannabe live album didn't make it into the final round.

My one gripe is that neither R30 or Rio made it far. Excellent energy and even better setlists than Different Stages, and the live feel of those two is spectacular.

I can give you my personal reasons for both. r30 is WONDERFUL but is weighted down by covers. i've really no interest in the bands fav tunes. Rio sounds like it was recorded in a wind tunnel.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Rio sounds like it was recorded in a wind tunnel.

:musicnote: Facing Down the Future Coming Fast :musicnote:
  • Like 4

The fact that my baby has made it this far restores my faith somewhat already. Do what you will... :)