ART OF RUSH BOOK!

Jaminbenb

So Rush are looking to take in ~$70k each for this grab? Very surprised they'd sink to this level for such a paltry sum. They've almost bottomed-out integrity-wise, imo.

Its getting a bit out of hand I will give you that. I honestly never thought I would see the day. Naive I will admit... :|

But also- if money were no object for me, would I go for it? Yeah, I would.

If money were no object I would go for alot of things and Rush "stuff" wouldn't be near the top of that list. Keep'in it real... :)

Yea, ironically it's real here today- refrigerator died yesterday and the new one at Lowe's cost $998.00! If the fridge were still alive I still wouldn't buy the book, too much summer fun coming up; although the stories sound intriguing- wish I could read those. . .

Yep. I had my day long ago when I lived my teen years out in my parents basement. Real life just seems to always get in the way and has for about 35 years now... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

So Rush are looking to take in ~$70k each for this grab? Very surprised they'd sink to this level for such a paltry sum. They've almost bottomed-out integrity-wise, imo.

Its getting a bit out of hand I will give you that. I honestly never thought I would see the day. Naive I will admit... :|

But also- if money were no object for me, would I go for it? Yeah, I would.

If money were no object I would go for alot of things and Rush "stuff" wouldn't be near the top of that list. Keep'in it real... :)

Yea, ironically it's real here today- refrigerator died yesterday and the new one at Lowe's cost $998.00! If the fridge were still alive I still wouldn't buy the book, too much summer fun coming up; although the stories sound intriguing- wish I could read those. . .

Yep. I had my day long ago when I lived my teen years in out in my parents basement. Real life just seems to always get in the way as has for about 35 years now... :)

It is always something, indeed. I ended up paying $190 for a warranty part on my three year old water heater, last week. And two summers ago I spent an ungodly amount on new carpet and flooring for the whole house, and new appliances...

Honestly, any spare money I have goes toward being able to do things for my kids. And I'm happy to do that.

When I said 'if money were no object', that is assuming that all of the day- to-day stuff is non-issue, too.

In other words- pure fantasy! :P

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Isn't this really just about Syme showcasing his talent? Maybe it has nothing to do with the guys in Rush at all, except insofar as they're helping to promote it.

If an album cover artists wants to release a book of his artwork, why would the bands necessarily profit from it (exceptin' for the fact that it's more promotion of their music, in a way)?

• Like 3

$99.00 version for me. I have so many Rush autographs I wonder If I should open my own store?? I bought the Autographed Kings Pics when they came out last year. When my wife found out the S*** hit the fan!!! Edited by robertrobyn

Isn't this really just about Syme showcasing his talent? Maybe it has nothing to do with the guys in Rush at all, except insofar as they're helping to promote it.

If an album cover artists wants to release a book of his artwork, why would the bands necessarily profit from it (exceptin' for the fact that it's more promotion of their music, in a way)?

This is along the lines of what I was thinking in my first post in this thread- that it's not necessarily the band aching for more money.

• Like 1

aw comon! Not another must-have-item!! It´s enough!

First the vinyls, and then concerts, and now this! What do they think? That I am made of money!? At least they could wait until the vinyl releases was done!

Guys... this might come as a chock for you all.... But... I, YY Zumbi, the biggest Rush fan in the world, is... NOT buying this! :o

I just can´t afford it...

Just post pictures of it when you DO get it! :popcorn:

Did you not read what I just said? I said I WONT get it...

I know..... I told myself I wouldn't get R40...but I did... (I know..that isn't $1000)

The money spent on my one ticket this go around is enough. I wanted to see them one last time if this is indeed it. If I want to see puctures I will just open my ATWAS tri-fold... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

The $995 version comes with a internet code,

that if you log in at the correct exact moment you will then be given access,

to a website that will then give you the opportunity to enter a drawing at a date to be determined,

that will allow Ray Danniels to sell,

1 Backstage pass (at his discretion) to a show that you currently do not have tickets for,

for an exorbitant amount of cash.

Offer void in Vermont and Quebec

• Like 1

Would rather just buy the vinyls and be done with it.

Rush's artwork rarely thrills me (CoS, p/g, AFTK, PeW and MP are the only covers I like. No loves, aside from MP).

• Like 1

I'll definitely throw down for the $99 version.

Yeah, same here. It's funny how my brain keeps trying to figure out a way of justifying this expense to my wife though for the $1K

"But it's got a cool metal holder thingy!!"

"It's collectible and SIGNED!!!"

"It's Rush and will INCREASE in value!!"

nothing is going to work that I see.

I'll definitely throw down for the $99 version.

Yeah, same here. It's funny how my brain keeps trying to figure out a way of justifying this expense to my wife though for the $1K

"But it's got a cool metal holder thingy!!"

"It's collectible and SIGNED!!!"

"It's Rush and will INCREASE in value!!"

nothing is going to work that I see.

But the middle one is signed, too! (and it's only HALF the price! :laughing guy: )

$99.00 version for me. I have so many Rush autographs I wonder If I should open my own store?? I bought the Autographed Kings Pics when they came out last year. When my wife found out the S*** hit the fan!!!

Didn't start a thread that you were selling your collection?

The jealousy in this thread is overwhelming.

Never mind... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

The only thing I'm jealous of is Narp's awesomeness!

My face just turned more red in my avatar if that is even possible... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Never mind... :)

What were you going to say?

I was just curious about your thoughts about the jealousy in the thread overall. I kind of get it and thought about and I can see where that could be the conclusion one could draw from some of it. Feel free to expand on the thought if you wish. Its not really necessary any longer as far as I'm concerned. That was all.. :) Edited by Narpsberg

I was just curious about your thoughts about the jealousy in the thread overall. I kind of get it and thought about and I can see where that could be the conclusion one could draw from some of it. Feel free to expand on the thought of you wish. Its not really necessary any longer as far as I'm concerned. That was all.. :)

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed. I think that's what basically fuels the amazement and anger at the merchandise they put out. Yes I know it's easy to say don't buy it, but don't buy it. It's pretty black-and-white. People act like they absolutely have to have every little item that comes out.

I was just curious about your thoughts about the jealousy in the thread overall. I kind of get it and thought about and I can see where that could be the conclusion one could draw from some of it. Feel free to expand on the thought of you wish. Its not really necessary any longer as far as I'm concerned. That was all.. :)

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed. I think that's what basically fuels the amazement and anger at the merchandise they put out. Yes I know it's easy to say don't buy it, but don't buy it. It's pretty black-and-white. People act like they absolutely have to have every little item that comes out.

Well in my case there is no thought required because I wouldn't consider buying this or much of anything else for that matter for reasons I have stated. I do think some of it is a bit of overkill but that is just my opinion. I have quite a few shirts of all kinds but most of them I bought on sale or they were gifts from family members. I did go crazy recently and got a ticket and I will probably buy a shirt when I go to the show. More power to the folks who can afford this kind of stuff and special editions and box sets and all the rest. Appreciate the response btw... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

I have a crown I'd rather spend my money on at this point in my life....and I mean a tooth not a tiara... Edited by librarian
  • Like 2