ART OF RUSH BOOK!

Jaminbenb

The book must be popular. The Backstage site is unresponsive for me right now. I was wanting to see if they had anymore pictures of the book.

The $995 & $495 versions are sold out.

Scalpers bought them up...duh.

The back stories look interesting! I'm hoping a library somewhere in North America gets it so I can get it on interlibrary loan sometime. My husband and I have had 3 kids go through college in the last 6 years and have a daughter with severe OCD whose meds and therapy cost is through the roof so no $ 99.00 books for me. Strangely, the Rush item I lusted after the most was the Rush tour packing case that was featured in the Grapes for Humanity auction on Ebay last fall! Something about it was so cool-- and to think it was actually used on tours!! It was hard to keep from pulling out the credit card and being insane!!!!

Congrats on what you are doing for your children. It cannot be understated. I certainly get it... :cheers:
  • Like 2

decided not to buy. What did it was the $19.99 shipping they wanted to charge. Also People look at your return address from backstage. they now have a shipping address in USA so they don't have to pay extra taxes etc!!! Right now the tour is more important than this to me. Plus 6-8 months from now they will be on ebay or amazon at a fair price!
  • Like 2

decided not to buy. What did it was the $19.99 shipping they wanted to charge. Also People look at your return address from backstage. they now have a shipping address in USA so they don't have to pay extra taxes etc!!! Right now the tour is more important than this to me. Plus 6-8 months from now they will be on ebay or amazon at a fair price!

I may buy in the future if available.

The $99 version.

I backed out at the last minute...just not in love with the product.

I want to see pics and reviews 1st.

• Like 1

The back stories look interesting! I'm hoping a library somewhere in North America gets it so I can get it on interlibrary loan sometime. My husband and I have had 3 kids go through college in the last 6 years and have a daughter with severe OCD whose meds and therapy cost is through the roof so no $ 99.00 books for me. Strangely, the Rush item I lusted after the most was the Rush tour packing case that was featured in the Grapes for Humanity auction on Ebay last fall! Something about it was so cool-- and to think it was actually used on tours!! It was hard to keep from pulling out the credit card and being insane!!!!

Congrats on what you are doing for your children. It cannot be understated. I certainly get it... :cheers:

Thanks, Narpsberg! A lot of parents have it much harder, but some days are challenging and we feel old then. . . . (Rush is very good on those days!)

• Like 1

Some of u are finally beginning to see the light. This once great and highest-of-standards band is cashing in on your loving devotion and dedication. Every garden-variety fan is considered to be a 2nd class citizen viewed only as a source of income to them. Never thought I'd see the day when Rush would sell themselves and their fans out

Now I think you are overthinking this. Its a souvenir. A keepsake. You don't have to buy it if you don't want it. No one is forcing it on you. No one is selling out. No one is selling you out. Its just a book.

Wait, what?

Are you actually implying that people have the right to sell something at a price they deem appropriate, and the buyer has the choice to buy it or not?

That's some radical sh1t right there...

• Like 9

did you see on ebay some guy is selling the road case version for $2499.00. that's bad

selling or asking?

Hugh and the Band made $223,250 in 90 minutes.

Not bad for a Friday with no concert.

All of them need to give Ray Danniels his 30% cut by 6PM. EST

I still don't understand this reasoning. Isn't this Hugh Syme's book? How do you know for sure that Rush is getting anything out of it? When books about a band are written, does the band profit from it, necessarily?

Now I think you are overthinking this. Its a souvenir. A keepsake. You don't have to buy it if you don't want it. No one is forcing it on you. No one is selling out. No one is selling you out. Its just a book.

Wait, what?

Are you actually implying that people have the right to sell something at a price they deem appropriate, and the buyer has the choice to buy it or not?

That's some radical sh1t right there...

TRUF!!!

I would've considered the slipcase version, but of course they always email me with less than 24 hours notice on the one day I'm not watching my emails closely. But $500 I can't afford right now anyway. Especially since I have to replace $1000 of drum gear stolen from me this week.

I can say that I am not one of those that have pre-ordered the book... feels good to be honest...

Because I rather spend my money on vinyls and concerts!

• Like 1

When can we Pre-Order the 3 versions of the R40 Tour DVD?

Version 1- A 40 disc version featuring each and every concert on the R40 Tour. This comes in a limited edition of 1000 Iron boxed, signed by each band member, as well as a plaque certifying YOU as a Rush Super Fan with tons of Money.

$1999

Version 2- A 5 Disc version with Your choice of cities for that personalized Rush Box set. Also included is a Thank you card signed by a random member of Rush. $399

Version 3- A 2 Disc version featuring both Toronto shows.

$79

• Like 1

I was actually hoping something like this would come out for a while now. I love this stuff.

Thought briefly about the autographed slipcase edition, but I'm really only interested in the Images and words in the book so I'll pick that up at some future point.

I never got the R30 Tourbook slipcase because I already had the books except for 2112 and the white version of A Farewell To Kings.

Never bothered with those MacNaughtan prints, barstools, bobbleheads or gold records either.

The last thing I pulled the trigger on was Neil's last autographed book.

Hugh and the Band made $223,250 in 90 minutes.

Not bad for a Friday with no concert.

All of them need to give Ray Danniels his 30% cut by 6PM. EST

I still don't understand this reasoning. Isn't this Hugh Syme's book? How do you know for sure that Rush is getting anything out of it? When books about a band are written, does the band profit from it, necessarily?

No one here knows what the profit is unless they know the expenses of making the books anyway.

• Like 1

I can say that I am not one of those that have pre-ordered the book... feels good to be honest...

Because I rather spend my money on vinyls and concerts!

I feel the same way. After all it's the music that matters the most to me. Quite frankly I'm struggling to figure out what you can tell about the covers that will fill 272 pages. Anything of interest that is. Give it time and they'll likely release a paperback version later on.

Board Definitions:

• It's a"cash grab" if they sell something I already have.
  • It's a "cash grab" if they sell something I don't have at a price point I deem too high.
  • A song that I don't like is "filler".

Especially that last one, which is really laughable unless these people have written and recorded some great music they can share with the rest of us. I'd sure like to critique it.