X-Files to return for a six episode run

EagleMoon

Are they gonna resolve anything?? The aliens? Mulder's sister? The cigarette smoking man?? I doubt it, they'll just set it up for some future movie or TV special...

I don't think they'll ever get to the bottom of his sister...

Cool. I love the X-Files. It was a big part of my youth.

I had a DVD marathon a while back. Still great.

Very cool. I will definitely watch it. It will probably be coming back for more than six episodes though. I'm guessing it will do well enough in the ratings to justify bringing it back for another short season. I hope they don't drag out the return for too long though.

I know what show i'll be marathoning next. Except for some re-runs here and there, I haven't watched the show since it went off the air. I gotta refresh myself on everything. I wonder if my crush on Gillian Anderson will return?

I always liked the X-Files. However, I had a friend who took it waaaaay too seriously. Dude, it's not a documentary.

Very cool. I will definitely watch it. It will probably be coming back for more than six episodes though. I'm guessing it will do well enough in the ratings to justify bringing it back for another short season. I hope they don't drag out the return for too long though.

I know what show i'll be marathoning next. Except for some re-runs here and there, I haven't watched the show since it went off the air. I gotta refresh myself on everything. I wonder if my crush on Gillian Anderson will return?

I just recently started watching the show again on Netflix. Still seems as awesome as it did back then. Only thing that seems kind of dated are the cars and phones. But that happens with any show over time. I think it would be great if they would go into Mulders sisters disappearance. What about Scullys baby?

And I agree with you. Gillian Anderson is hot. :D

Edited by EagleMoon

I always liked the X-Files. However, I had a friend who took it waaaaay too seriously. Dude, it's not a documentary.

I seem to remember at the time it aired that there were a lot of people who thought it was real.

Will I have to watch the last 2 seasons? I tried twice but couldn't do it.

No I don't think so. I tried to stay with it after David Duchovny left but he was the part of the soul of the show.

• Like 1

Will I have to watch the last 2 seasons? I tried twice but couldn't do it.

No I don't think so. I tried to stay with it after David Duchovny left but he was the part of the soul of the show.

Yeah, if it weren't for what happened to his sister, Mulder would have never gotten into the paranormal and worked on these cases. There would be no X files without him.

• Like 1

The show was definitely an important part of my life back then. I stopped watching before Mulder left, but I did see both of the films. Last summer I rewatched a bunch of the standalone/non-arc episodes, and they still stood up so well. The one with Peter Boyle as the insurance salesman who can see the future is one of my favourite episodes of any series, ever. I'm really curious to see what they do with it.

ETA: I am also a fan of 1970's horror series Kolchak: The Night Stalker, one of the shows that inspired Chris Carter to make X-Files. I am still bummed that Darren McGavin declined to have his character be Kolchak when he guested on the show, because that would have been the best ever crossover.

Edited by gudbuytjane
  • Like 1

The show was definitely an important part of my life back then. I stopped watching before Mulder left, but I did see both of the films. Last summer I rewatched a bunch of the standalone/non-arc episodes, and they still stood up so well. The one with Peter Boyle as the insurance salesman who can see the future is one of my favourite episodes of any series, ever. I'm really curious to see what they do with it.

Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose. That is one of the best episodes of the series. I went through and watched all of the funnier episodes just recently and I love War of the Coprophages and Bad Blood in particular.

• Like 1

A top five show for me. I'm pumped!

http://i.imgur.com/ozHJnyE.gif

:LOL: I forgot about this one. You remember what the episode is called?

• Like 1

Never seen it. I suck pretty bad I know... :(

Any idea if one needs to have seen the original series to get this six episode run? I've only seen one episode the very creepy Home.

Any idea if one needs to have seen the original series to get this six episode run? I've only seen one episode the very creepy Home.

No idea. They just announced it. We don't know what the storyline is yet.

Edited by EagleMoon

What? Really? It's in my top favorite shows of all time. It's just...perfect. :)

If you get the chance to watch it, please give it a try.

• Like 1

A top five show for me. I'm pumped!

http://i.imgur.com/ozHJnyE.gif

:LOL: I forgot about this one. You remember what the episode is called?

The Post-Modern Prometheus. Season 5, episode 5.

Thanks. :)