Michael Schenker cover on the Rush song Finding My Way

YYZumbi

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the song?

• It´s terrible
    • It´s ok
    • It´s good
    • It´s awesome!
    • Sorry Rush...but it´s better then your version!

I wonder how much goo was all over the guitar when he was done. Jeez, talk about guitar masturbation. And this is from a guitar player that likes George Lynch.

Can you add HORRID to the poll choices.

I could produce it better in my project studio outside.

My friend, green isn't your color

Michael Schenker is more deserving of the name "legend" than anyone

My life is complete.

Sums up my thoughts exactly! Lol

I love Schenkers playing and I never know this existed. Them "OOOH YEAH"'s sound closer to Geddy than I would've expected.. This is pretty cool !

Here's a cover that's faithful to cover, then expands on the cover...so it's a cover of a cover

Ignore looking at the singer...he reminds me of Lamar Latrelle from Revenge of the Nerds--decent voice though

Don't do it, Narp! You'll never get those 5 minutes back............save yourself.

I did it. I picked terrible because its the closest thing to what I thought. I am no musician Lord knows but listening to that the only word that kept popping in my head was "overdone". Whatever that means... :eh:
  • Like 1

I wonder how much goo was all over the guitar when he was done. Jeez, talk about guitar masturbation. And this is from a guitar player that likes George Lynch.

More deserving than anyone huh? Lol

I agree, canadianice! You might want to check out the new UFO it's one of their recent best, maybe the best with Vinnie Moore.

Agree! just arrived from Amazon a few days ago, killer album, the best with Vinnie for sure!!!!!

Ventured into GenPop to see the reaction to the pricing of the new Rush book and this caught my eye. Agree that Schenker's playing is awesome and with the "legend" comment. Dude can seriously play and has a unique distinctive style I've always loved. Have to check out the new stuff as mentioned. Thanks.
  • Like 1

canadianice, Great to see a UFO/Schenker Fan here. Unfortunately I'm out of here for the day. Maybe tomorrow we can pick up this conversation again. Have a good night.

Yes .. at age 16 he was in The Scorpions, by age eighteen in UFO, etc etc, as I am sure most know the history ... He has recovered from addiction, was literally homeless and penniless, and has come back playing as well as ever ..

He is s survivor, a musical icon and hero to a lot of musicians

LEGEND

• Like 2

Yes .. at age 16 he was in The Scorpions, by age eighteen in UFO, etc etc, as I am sure most know the history ... He has recovered from addiction, was literally homeless and penniless, and has come back playing as well as ever ..

LEGEND

I don't disagree with you on that, but I can definitely think of a few who are more deserving ;)

LEGEND

I don't disagree with you on that, but I can definitely think of a few who are more deserving ;)

Loch Ness Monster ?

;)

fair enough

• Like 1

LEGEND

I am sure there are many other examples but Neal Schon playing with Santana at 18 was pretty remarkable too. Big 70's UFO fan (Schenker era) here... :codger:
  • Like 2

Blech. Seriously does he HAVE to fill every non-vocal moment with more wankery? It got really tiresome after about 3 minutes then I gave it the needle rip on record treatment. Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

... and for the non believers, a royal **** ***

LOL

http://www.rbaraki.com/UFO_Rush.jpg

Great shot and a good laugh. Never saw this one. :cheers:

Edit: Is that Sonmi in your sig?

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 2

LOL

No, not Somni - it's Rena Matsui from AKB48 as the character "Gekikara" from the TV show Majisuka Gakuen

• Like 1

LOL

No, not Somni - it's Rena Matsui from AKB48 as the character "Gekikara" from the TV show Majisuka Gakuen

Uh, I thought she looks like that god-like character from Cloud Atlas. Forgot her real name.

Anyway, thanks for the pic. Great. :cheers: