Boston Thread

Bigbobby10

(sorry if there is a thread on this already, couldn't find on)

Another one of my favorite bands. So sad that their career only had 4 albums.

And I didn't even realize Brad Delp's death anniversary was this month March 9, 2007 :(

What do you guys think about them?

One of my favorites

• Like 5

Loved their music growing up. Tom Scholz's guitar sound was so unique.

I am mainly a fan of their first three albums, although Walk On had some stuff I really liked. After that I sort of lost interest because the little bits I was hearing of their newer stuff didn't sound that good to me.

• Like 4

I remember getting the debut as a gift from a friend when I was in the hospital for appendicitis. Great album. Too bad they didn't seem driven to make many more.
  • Like 2

First tthree albums are great. Not one of my favourite bands, and the debut, as great as it is, is not a favourite. But I really like them.

The debut is perfect. In the Reno area, it's one of the most played albums on the radio. Every track is a classic rock radio staple. I've loved that album and have probably played it more than any other album, save, perhaps Van Halen's debut.
  • Like 3

"Third Stage" is so underrated. I'm surprised CBS let them go. The Boston MCA years weren't that great but "Third Stage" is a perfect masterpiece.

I was lucky enough to see that tour twice. Back to back nights baby in Oakland!

• Like 3

"Third Stage" is so underrated. I'm surprised CBS let them go. The Boston MCA years weren't that great but "Third Stage" is a perfect masterpiece.

I saw them in Tacoma on that tour and it was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxcfKp2KFE

• Like 5

I saw them in Tacoma on that tour and it was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxcfKp2KFE

Awesome Goose! Yet another connection! "Walk On" is good but after that it's all crap for me. Once the band stopped eating animals they stopped ROCKING HARD! LOL!

• Like 1

I am glad to see this great band have their own thread!
  • Like 2

I love classic old Boston! The first two albums are classics, and I didn't think Third Stage was quite up to snuff with the first two when it was released, but...yeah, it is! I remember that Amanda got heavy airplay on the radio, and it was so cool to hear a NEW Boston song on the radio at that time.

True story- my brother had a 90-minute cassette that he had put a compilation of Styx songs on one side of the tape, and a compilation of Boston songs on the other. And when he was killed, in 1986, on that day, that happened to be the tape that was in our big family conversion van's cassette deck, and the 'eject' button broke- like within a day or two after he died. And we never got it fixed. The technology at that time was such that if you had a tape in the deck, you couldn't choose to listen to the radio, of course- it had to be ejected from the deck. And that didn't work. So for the rest of the time that we owned that van, it was always- "What do you want to listen to- Styx or Boston?"

Also...when I was in high school, 1988-'91, we had our own FM radio station inside the school, and I was music director my junior and senior years. There was an afternoon shift I had every Monday, and the last song I always played, every one of those days was "Let Me Take You Home Tonight". (I was also on Thursday nights, but that was heavy metal time...and every weekday morning before school, but that was sort of a free-for- all, no set genre).

Ah, memories...

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 8

Styx and Boston! What a great combo!

Blue...that is a sad story, but its great you have been able to find a positive memory from that tape deck!

Styx...lol

Boston who?

• Like 2

I love third stage, but it doesn't matter, because I love them all so much (maybe not the fourth on as much)

• Like 1

And Blue I'm sorry to hear about that

No worries- I certainly don't mean to bring the thread down with that kind of talk- just sharing a a story that I still think is kind of remarkable! It has been a long time, and I can talk about these things without it getting me down.

He was the same brother who introduced me to Rush, in 1979-'80- if he hadn't, it is extremely likely that I'd never have gotten know Rush as I did, and consequently also wouldn't be on this forum now!

• Like 3

First album was amazing...the second was alright...Third Stage had moments.

I always remember that the guy that got me in to Rush was able to get back stage for a Boston show and got the autograph's of the whole band.... I could imagine if he still had that it would be worth some money!

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/attachments/sidewinders-bar-grille/38446d1334092475-what-do-you-guys-think-my-playing-sibhashian.jpg

I always thought Sib was uber cool.

• Like 3