Darren Sharper gets 20 years in jail for drugging, sexually assaulting three women

laughedatbytime

and he gets credit for time served. :facepalm:

I don't know what anyone else thinks but it seems to me he got off way too easy. For a crime of this nature, he should be locked up for the rest of his life.

Story here, I'll try to get my copy function to work so I can post the story.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-03-23/darren-sharper-sentenced-20-years-sexual-assault-rape-drugs-saints-new-orleans-vegas-arizona?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain

• Like 1

Former NFL star Darren Sharper removed all doubt Monday that he drugged and raped women, taking the first of several legal steps to own up to sex assaults in four states that will send him to federal prison for nine years.

He pleaded guilty to sexual assault in Arizona and no contest in California to raping two women he knocked out with a potent sedative mixed with booze.

Sharper, 39, wearing a striped, light blue suit, said he was entering the plea because it was in his best interest. He had faced up to 33 years in prison if convicted of all counts against him in California.

By not contesting the charges, the former all-pro safety who won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints, admitted he raped two women he drugged after meeting them at a West Hollywood bar in 2013 and 2014. The no contest plea has the same effect as a conviction.

The women were not in court, but prosecutors said they had agreed to the plea deal.

Earlier, Sharper appeared in a Phoenix courtroom by video-conferencing from Los Angeles, where he has been jailed since February 2014.

He admitted sexually assaulting one woman and trying to attack another in suburban Phoenix in 2013.

Under the deal negotiated by his lawyers and state and federal prosecutors, Sharper will serve a nine-year federal prison term for similar crimes in Louisiana, Nevada, Arizona and California.

Hearings will follow in Las Vegas on Tuesday and in New Orleans in the next month. In each state, he's accused of drugging and sexually assaulting women when they were unconscious or otherwise unable to resist or consent.

He was sentenced immediately in the Arizona case, which is very unusual. Sentencing in California was scheduled July 15.

Sharper retired from the NFL in 2011 after a 14-year career with three teams and later worked as an analyst for the NFL network.

All the alleged sexual assaults happened after Sharper's retirement as a player.

Sharper admitted sexually assaulting one victim and trying to assault another in Arizona, though police said he drugged three women and sexually assaulted two of them at a Tempe apartment in November 2013.

Prosecutor Yigael Cohen on Monday cited a letter in which one of the victims says she suffered emotional harm as a result of the attack and that she didn't have the ability to resist.

A search of the Tempe apartment turned up a shot glass with a white residue that turned out to be the sedative zolpidem, and California investigators discovered that Sharper had a prescription for the drug.

In the California case, he pleaded no contest to four counts of furnishing zolpidem, which is a controlled substance.

Sharper's attorneys said last year that their client did not make the drinks authorities say he used to drug the women.

One of the women told police she had not had any alcohol that night until Sharper insisted she drink a shot. Another young woman said she had been drugged, then went to bed, locked her door and was not attacked.

The next day, one of the women confronted Sharper, who denied wrongdoing, according to police reports.

Sharper is expected to plead guilty to one felony charge of attempted sexual assault in Nevada, with the expectation that he will face up to eight years in prison, Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told The Associated Press.

Different story but the same basic details.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nfl-player-sharper-begin-changing-pleas-rape-cases-29832964

Will he actually serve the 20 years or will be out on parole in 10?

Probably be out early. :facepalm:

The best he can hope for is his prison time turns out to be like the film The Longest Yard...

The Longest Yard II, so no one would even know about it.

• Like 1

WTF happened to this guy?

He ws so good at one point.

He was always known as one of the more intelligent players on and off the field. Just goes to show you don't really ever know them.

• Like 2

Former NFL star Darren Sharper removed all doubt Monday that he drugged and raped women, taking the first of several legal steps to own up to sex assaults in four states that will send him to federal prison for nine years.

He pleaded guilty to sexual assault in Arizona and no contest in California to raping two women he knocked out with a potent sedative mixed with booze.

Sharper, 39, wearing a striped, light blue suit, said he was entering the plea because it was in his best interest. He had faced up to 33 years in prison if convicted of all counts against him in California.

By not contesting the charges, the former all-pro safety who won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints, admitted he raped two women he drugged after meeting them at a West Hollywood bar in 2013 and 2014. The no contest plea has the same effect as a conviction.

The women were not in court, but prosecutors said they had agreed to the plea deal.

Earlier, Sharper appeared in a Phoenix courtroom by video-conferencing from Los Angeles, where he has been jailed since February 2014.

He admitted sexually assaulting one woman and trying to attack another in suburban Phoenix in 2013.

Under the deal negotiated by his lawyers and state and federal prosecutors, Sharper will serve a nine-year federal prison term for similar crimes in Louisiana, Nevada, Arizona and California.

Hearings will follow in Las Vegas on Tuesday and in New Orleans in the next month. In each state, he's accused of drugging and sexually assaulting women when they were unconscious or otherwise unable to resist or consent.

He was sentenced immediately in the Arizona case, which is very unusual. Sentencing in California was scheduled July 15.

Sharper retired from the NFL in 2011 after a 14-year career with three teams and later worked as an analyst for the NFL network.

All the alleged sexual assaults happened after Sharper's retirement as a player.

Sharper admitted sexually assaulting one victim and trying to assault another in Arizona, though police said he drugged three women and sexually assaulted two of them at a Tempe apartment in November 2013.

Prosecutor Yigael Cohen on Monday cited a letter in which one of the victims says she suffered emotional harm as a result of the attack and that she didn't have the ability to resist.

A search of the Tempe apartment turned up a shot glass with a white residue that turned out to be the sedative zolpidem, and California investigators discovered that Sharper had a prescription for the drug.

In the California case, he pleaded no contest to four counts of furnishing zolpidem, which is a controlled substance.

Sharper's attorneys said last year that their client did not make the drinks authorities say he used to drug the women.

One of the women told police she had not had any alcohol that night until Sharper insisted she drink a shot. Another young woman said she had been drugged, then went to bed, locked her door and was not attacked.

The next day, one of the women confronted Sharper, who denied wrongdoing, according to police reports.

Sharper is expected to plead guilty to one felony charge of attempted sexual assault in Nevada, with the expectation that he will face up to eight years in prison, Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told The Associated Press.

Different story but the same basic details.

http://abcnews.go.co...-cases-29832964

http://i.imgur.com/pxysA.gif

Edited by vital signz

WTF happened to this guy?

When he was playing football, Sharper was a star, and he could have had any women he wanted. His fellow Packers, the ones who knew him best, are still shocked beyond belief. They said that he literally had women all over him. He was good looking, an NFL star, and had no trouble getting laid.

Then he retired from football in 2011. Female attention disappears quickly once you're out of the spotlight. He started hanging out with creeps like Erik Nunez - a restaurant server from New Orleans. Nunez has been Sharper's "partner" in their sexual assault game. No longer having the fame and status of being a current NFL star, Sharper had to rely on himself to get laid....and I guess it wasn't working.

He's now suspected of raping nine women in FIVE different states. California, Arizona, Louisiana, Florida, and Nevada. Once your "method" of getting laid becomes successful, you tend to keep using that method, I guess.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong......

• Like 1

Cosby is next.

My first thought when I read the stories he was about to be sentenced to time was "I wonder if Cosby is reading this."

Alas, sadly, I don't think the Cos will do any time. So many of the allegations are dated and there appears to be no physical evidence to support the allegations.

Do I think the allegations are true? Absolutely. You can't have that many women tell basically the same story over that many years without there being a pattern there. But unless some more recent allegations against Cosby surface, allegations that can have some specific circumstantial evidence (validation of the accuser and accused in the same location at the same time) along with some physical evidence, I think the only punishment Cosby will face will be public shame.

Darren Sharper may only serve nine years in prison as part of a plea deal, but the serial rapist faces strict post-prison terms.

The New Orleans Advocate detailed the particulars of his lifetime probation following his admission of sytemetically drugging and raping women in Louisiana, Nevada, California and Arizona.

After Sharper is released from prison, he will not be allowed to drink alcohol, visit bars or liquor stores or date online. He will also be subject to lie detector tests and penile plethysmograph tests in which a sensor is attached to his penis to gauge arousal while an array of sexual images flashes before his eyes.

California officials will track him by GPS for up to five years after he is released.

Sharper has the option to remain in prison to serve an additional 14 years, but he would face the same conditions after that sentence is completed, too.

Sharper is at the St. Tammany Parish jail in Covington, La., pending a guilty plea in federal court on three counts handed up by a grand jury. He and former St. Bernard Parish Deputy Brandon Licciardi are accused of a long-running conspiracy to drug women and rape them.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-04-09/darren-sharper-rapist-rape-conviction-penile-plethysmograph-nfl-saints-sexual-assault