Another New Muse Song - Dead Inside

RushBoingo

Discuss

I love how everyone thought with Psycho that they were returning to their old sound, while this song feels right at home with The Second Law. I think its alright, but not a great album opener.

Edited by RushBoingo

I loved The 2nd Law. No, I despised Psycho, but I am still partially interested (regardless of the quality of this album, I want to see them live again!).

Is dubstep even a thing anymore?

sounds a tad old news...

I should tell everyone, the music on this track IS NOT dubstep. It definitely has traces of EDM, but there is no dubstep here. I feel like everyone is starting to use that word to mean electronic music they don't like.

Discuss

I love how everyone thought with Psycho that they were returning to their old sound, while this song feels right at home with The Second Law. I think its alright, but not a great album opener.

Anyone want to help me get the video in the post. I tried both the address from the bar, and from the share tab of youtube, but it won't show up.

I actually havent played it yet...just presumed everybody was correct.

Just played it...what a load of crap!!! Is this what they meant when they said they were going back to basics? And their drummer is good...why do they insist on sampled drum sounds!?!?!?!
  • Like 1

Now I know not to bother with the album.

I deleted the Resistance and the 2nd Law from my libriary. So i will not be buying this. These guys have ENTIRELY lost the plot

Mick

Finally checked the song out for myself.

Whatever magic they once had is now lost.

And replaying The 2nd Law...erm...maybe not that great...

I do enjoy it, but it is not on that same level as BHAR andd before.

• Like 2

I deleted the Resistance and the 2nd Law from my libriary. So i will not be buying this. These guys have ENTIRELY lost the plot

Mick

The Resistance gave the band a wound.....a major wound. The 2nd Law put them on life support. These 2 new songs are pulling the plug, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

The Resistance gave the band a wound.....a major wound. The 2nd Law put them on life support. These 2 new songs are pulling the plug, lol

Mick

Sorry to say it, but you are right.

Still, those first four albums are ridiculously good enough to keep them one of the great bands of the modern era. Much like the great seventies bands that lost their way in the eighties.

I still really like Muse, but lets say only because of the glories of the past.

There is zero artistic credibility, or even entertainment value, in the first two offerings from Drones.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Those 1st four were like......wow this is a band to watch. So full of life and vital ideas.

it's sad.

Mick

I do think though that as wonderful as the first four albums were, they stand as mere glimpses of a potential unrealised.

Something has always been missing from the music of Muse for me. I have been blown away, but never moved.

With the last two albums they music became soulless stomp rock with the mindlowing elements.

Edited by Segue Myles

Yeesh, everyone is a downer here. I get where people are coming from on the critique of the most recent songs from drones, but I feel like a lot of people are criticising their two most recent albums based on the added electronics. I see this mirroring Rush quite a bit here. They are moving on with their song writing. They wrote what they wanted on those first four albums, and they have progressed to what they want to write about now. Regardless of what I may think of their most recent singles (alright, but not any favorites yet) I applaud them for their strife at progress.

Side note, I feel like they are shooting for the billboard top 40 with Dead Inside, which would explain why its the album opener, despite its weak attempts at being introductory.

I enjoyed the electronics in the 2nd law!

The major complaints now are not so much the electronics, but some are disappointed after expectations that this would be a return to the roots style Muse album (based on Bellamy's words), and also the somgs plain suck.

Black holes, for example, was full of electro, nu wavey stuff. Many here LOVE that album.