Spring 2015

Disk98

It was really cool watching the whole thing,

At one point this haunting image came over the moon. The lower left side looked like the moon was sitting in the plam of a huge left hand. Showing and image of what looked like a middle finger, index finger and thumb. With the tips of the fingers being very pointed. Then about 30 minutes later a cool looking color of blue shadowed the bottom half. Very hard to explain. Now the sun is rising as the moon is close to fading away.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

It was really cool watch the whole thing,

At one point this haunting image came over the moon. The lower left side looked like the moon was sitting in the plam of a huge left hand. Showing and image of what looked like a middle finger, index finger and thumb. With the tips of the fingers being very pointed. Then about 30 minutes later a cool looking color of blue shadowed the bottom half. Very hard to explain. Now the sun is rising as the moon is close to fading away.

Sounds really cool. I wish we could have seen it but it wasn't viewable on this side of the country.

• Like 1

Sounds really cool. I wish we could have seen it but it wasn't viewable on this side of the country.

The timing could not have worked out any better,

Woke up today with 2/3 inches of snow. :sarcastic:

Die winter, die!

• Like 1

Die winter, die!

Old man winter is very stubborn. :codger: :P

• Like 1

Die winter, die!

Old man winter is very stubborn. :codger: :P

It's time Hades let Persephone go back to spend time with her mother. :)

• Like 2

Hold the presses, NY almost hit 60. Springtime, Masters, azaleas, the big weather change is just upon us!
  • Like 2

It's raining today! And we're supposed to get more over the next two days!

That is supposed to be good for you guys, right?? We are supposed to have on and off rain over the next three days as well, but there is no drought here, just a gray sky hangover . . . .

That is supposed to be good for you guys, right?? We are supposed to have on and off rain over the next three days as well, but there is no drought here, just a gray sky hangover . . . .

Yes, things are bad here, and we will take all the rain we can get. We hardly had any snow in the mountains in the north & east parts of the state, and the melted snowpack is where we get most of our water from, so this next year is going to be even drier :(

Yes, things are bad here, and we will take all the rain we can get. We hardly had any snow in the mountains in the north & east parts of the state, and the melted snowpack is where we get most of our water from, so this next year is going to be even drier :(

Oh no! We'll keep our fingers crossed for rain. When I was growing up we lived outside San Francisco for two years and we had more fog than rain but it did actually rain back then . . .

• Like 1

Right now, I'm thinking about building an ark......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rSG-HINGIMg/TIhb7ID3mXI/AAAAAAAAACY/V7YLM_Ae0BA/s1600/downpour.gif

We had more rain last night and today, and it's snowing in the Sierras right now! Yay!

Does this help the drought we keep hearing about? (not sure of my geography, I confess)

Me either. I think they aren't allowed to shower from what I have heard... ;)
  • Like 1

We had more rain last night and today, and it's snowing in the Sierras right now! Yay!

Does this help the drought we keep hearing about? (not sure of my geography, I confess)

Me either. I think they aren't allowed to shower from what I have heard... ;)

Tons of rain. The moss in the forest was electric. I'll post a vid of me and the young one's jaunt tonight. Birds were outta control

• Like 3

The snow is what we really need. The Sierra Nevada Mountains are along the eastern border of California, and the snow melt from there is where the state gets most of its water. There was very little snow this winter, so every little bit helps.

Unfortunately, unless we get many feet of snow in the next two months, we will still be in a critical drought. The governor just instituted mandatory water rationing for residences. But residential water use accounts for a few percent of state water usage. Agriculture counts for 80%, and almonds alone use something like 20-30% or more. It takes about a gallon of water to grown an almond.

• Like 1

The snow is what we really need. The Sierra Nevada Mountains are along the eastern border of California, and the snow melt from there is where the state gets most of its water. There was very little snow this winter, so every little bit helps.

Unfortunately, unless we get many feet of snow in the next two months, we will still be in a critical drought. The governor just instituted mandatory water rationing for residences. But residential water use accounts for a few percent of state water usage. Agriculture counts for 80%, and almonds alone use something like 20-30% or more. It takes about a gallon of water to grown an almond.

Interesting...I never knew that.

Doing a rain dance (and getting my parka on for a snow dance) for you over here.

• Like 1

Also,

They are going to monitor the home usage.

Some pics of spring around here and my yard. One of my Red Japanese Laceleaf Maple Trees and my Green Japanese Laceleaf Maple (just planted last year and doing great)....

http://s16.postimg.org/8m2llfqfp/20150411_182113.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/e97izboar/20150411_182345.jpg

• Like 5

Some pics of spring around here and my yard. One of my Red Japanese Laceleaf Maple Trees and my Green Japanese Laceleaf Maple (just planted last year and doing great)....

http://s16.postimg.org/8m2llfqfp/20150411_182113.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/e97izboar/20150411_182345.jpg

I love Japanese maples. They are one of my favorite trees.

• Like 1