Black Sabbath announce their 'final' concert

custom55

It was announced last year that Sabbath would have one more album and tour this year and then they were calling it quits. There really isn't any reason to believe this report is false. I thought they would have their last show in England though.

Rush and Sabbath closing the book on great careers.

Rush will be back. Just not of this magnitude. Unusual location for final Sabbath shows. Great country, but say goodbye to the home crowd, either UK or US. Still no US dates announced.

Ozzy will probably go back solo.

Whatever happened to "No More Tours"?

:rfl:

That was back in 1992. Then he decided that Retirement Sucks.

Edit: I AM NOW A PRIME MOVER, MOVIN ON UP.

Edited by fraroc

It's just so sad to see it happen....
  • Like 1

It's just so sad to see it happen....

Agreed. Whether it's just due to age, or a loss of passion for doing it- or both- yeah, it's a major downer. But when they've reached the point that they want to stop more than they want to continue, then they deserve to be able to do so.

I only wish that these "farewell" tours had some credibility. If the band wants to go out on tour, go ahead and do it. Why calling it a farewell tour when they don't exactly mean it? To sell more tickets and then lose the credibility? Look at how many bands did so called farewell tours but are still around: Scorpions, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Kiss, Motley Crue...

Ozzy will probably go back solo.

Whatever happened to "No More Tours"?

:rfl:

It gave way to "Retirement Sucks."

I think this is for the best. Ozzy did not sound good on the last tour, and Tony is probably more sick than he lets on. The last album reminded me of the Dio eras "swan song" The Devil You Know. I'm a fan, so I enjoy the album, but if I'm craving the Dio era, I'm more likely to listen to Heaven and Hell or Mob Rules, or even Dehumanizer. Similarly, I'm not likely to bust out 13 over Master of Reality or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

• Like 2

It sounds more like a farewell to Japan rather than everyone. It's not specific enough and is vaguely worded

As soon as their bank statements look less than perfect they'll pull out excuses line that..."it was a farewell to extensive tours"..."we quickly realized how we missed the stage"..."we can't leave ouro fans hanging"..."there's a whole generation who has never seen us live" etc.