My BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to fans of music.

fraroc

If there is one thing that I honestly CANNOT stand and it pisses me off SO much is fans who turn their back on their favorite band because of these reasons. A. It's not the original band anymore B. The lead singer doesn't sound the same as he did 30 years ago. How the HELL can you possible classify yourself as a fan of whatever band if you're just going to complain about stuff that obviously comes with the package with older bands? A true fan stands by their band and their bands history, good or bad. And if you're going to sit there and say stuff like "David Lee Roth is a horrible singer, I don't like VH anymore." or "Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer aren't real members of KISS and they suck now." Then guess what, you obviously don't support those bands anymore.

So you're saying that in order to be a fan one has to love absolutely everything about them? I think that would fall more under the obsessive category. I think real fans acknowledge the good and bad about a band and love them anyway. I love my husband but I there are still things about him I don't like (why are you snoring, for chrissakes!), so why shouldn't the same sort of thing apply to bands I love?

• Like 3

Yes made 5 albums I really like...

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

You picked some good and some great ones but you sure missed a few and Tales isn't one of them... :)
  • Like 1

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

You picked some good and some great ones but you sure missed a few and Tales isn't one of them... :)

Relayer & Going For The One....well, I've tried...they just don't do it for me.

If there is one thing that I honestly CANNOT stand and it pisses me off SO much is fans who turn their back on their favorite band because of these reasons. A. It's not the original band anymore B. The lead singer doesn't sound the same as he did 30 years ago. How the HELL can you possible classify yourself as a fan of whatever band if you're just going to complain about stuff that obviously comes with the package with older bands? A true fan stands by their band and their bands history, good or bad. And if you're going to sit there and say stuff like "David Lee Roth is a horrible singer, I don't like VH anymore." or "Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer aren't real members of KISS and they suck now." Then guess what, you obviously don't support those bands anymore.

So you're saying that in order to be a fan one has to love absolutely everything about them? I think that would fall more under the obsessive category. I think real fans acknowledge the good and bad about a band and love them anyway. I love my husband but I there are still things about him I don't like (why are you snoring, for chrissakes!), so why shouldn't the same sort of thing apply to bands I love?

It does and your husband never changes but some of these bands change members like some folks change underwear. One of the many beauties of Rush. No changes but they are far from perfect either despite that incredible fact... :)

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

Relayer & Going For The One, Tormato and Yessongs at least....well, I've tried...they just don't do it for me.

Fixed just a little... :)

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

Relayer & Going For The One, Tormato and Yessongs at least....well, I've tried...they just don't do it for me.

Nah...I'm happy with my 5 Yes albums....I may not be a real fan, but I'm satisfied :D

• Like 1

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

Nah...I'm happy with my 5 Yes albums....I may not be a real fan, but I'm satisfied :D

The fact that you like some from a great era and a couple from a good era is better than none for sure... :cheers:

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

Nope your a real fan.These are enough

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

I thought so too :D-13:

• Like 1

I think that a band that you love and an actual living person that you love are two different entities. I'm not saying that you have to love EVERYthing about a band, but I do still stand by my opinion that there is some hypocrisy in saying that "Oh, I'm still a HUGE Rush fan, but they suck now and every album since Presto has been shit. And they suck live now, but I'm still a HUGE fan and I LOVE Rush!"

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close To The Edge

Big Generator

I thought so too :D-13:

I don't disagree with that either. I think you are too...
  • Like 1

I think that a band that you love and an actual living person that you love are two different entities. I'm not saying that you have to love EVERYthing about a band, but I do still stand by my opinion that there is some hypocrisy in saying that "Oh, I'm still a HUGE Rush fan, but they suck now and every album since Presto has been shit. And they suck live now, but I'm still a HUGE fan and I LOVE Rush!"

Who stated they suck live?

Its not hypocrisy at all. Its music regardless of who the band is. Your not going to like/love every thing a band puts out.

Its not hypocrisy at all. Its music regardless of who the band is. Your not going to like/love every thing a band puts out.

Nobody has stated that. More self admitted melodrama from him. Also, loving a certain era of this bands work more and in some cases way more isn't a crime either. Disliking entire albums and eras isn't either. Being brutally honest about Geds voice failing him live these days doesn't make you less a fan either, just a realist... :)
  • Like 2

There's some non-Cherone VH I like. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan to think the DLR and Sammy editions don't quite measure up.

:laughing guy:

Seems I'm asleep at the switch... He ya go LABT :syrinx: ...
  • Like 1

I really get peeved by people who claim Bon Jovi are a great band.

...wait a minute...

• Like 1

I will say this - when I first got here I was surprised to see so much criticism of the band. I only join a specific artist's fan forum if I like their entire discography, so I was a little weirded out by all the people wishing for their retirement and shit like that. and it's no secret I've gotten in some pretty stupid arguments with people over their opinions on this or that. but at the end of the day, the guy who's spent thousands and thousands on rush crap since the 70s has a right to bitch if he wants to, just like I have a right to enjoy rush's "shitty records" if I want to.

and fraroc, look at it like this. at least you still enjoy things! who cares what other people think of rush? personally, I can't help but feel like someone who joins a fan forum and spends most of their time criticizing said band is just trying to seem cool. like, "I'm so not a fanboy, look what I'll say about my favorite band! just ignore my 50,000 posts, rush aren't worth a shit!"

• Like 3

I really get peeved by people who claim Bon Jovi are a great band.

...wait a minute...

:sarcastic:

:coy:

• Like 1

as far as music fan pet peeves go, ignoring what the OP was talking about and derailing this f***er, the only thing coming to mind right now is punk and indie fans who avoid metal or 70s rock so as to not damage their "cred." Edited by bathory

No one on this site said those words exactly, but on Youtube, you get all that kind of shit.