My BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to fans of music.

fraroc

Its funny, as I am starting to enjoy the era of Kansas without Steve Walsh. Seriously, Audio Visions, Vinyl Confessions and Drastic Measures are fantastic AOR albums!

So on occasion, the loss of a classic line up doesn't equate loss of quality.

For me,

It depends on the band.

Some bands, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queen...not right...

Other bands, Nightwish, Kansas, Black Sabbath...it seems to work wonders!

Black Sabbath,

No way. Same way with Rush, Zeppelin, The Who and Chicago with out Terry Kath. But thats just my opinion.

If there is one thing that I honestly CANNOT stand and it pisses me off SO much is fans who turn their back on their favorite band because of these reasons. A. It's not the original band anymore B. The lead singer doesn't sound the same as he did 30 years ago. How the HELL can you possible classify yourself as a fan of whatever band if you're just going to complain about stuff that obviously comes with the package with older bands? A true fan stands by their band and their bands history, good or bad. And if you're going to sit there and say stuff like "David Lee Roth is a horrible singer, I don't like VH anymore." or "Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer aren't real members of KISS and they suck now." Then guess what, you obviously don't support those bands anymore.

What a load of hysterical shit.

I wouldn't have expected anything else from you.

post something funny...you need to unwind dude

I wouldn't begrudge anyone else for choosing different than me, it's their own Freewill of course, but...

To be able to see the same band after all these years, the same three amazing musicians is an unreal blessing that no other entertainment compares to. Sports teams- their players completely turn over every ten years, and even the stadiums/arenas we grew up in supporting our favorite teams are gone in most cases. TV shows come and go, well there's always The Simpsons.,.

Sure the singing may be a little different, But Rush, I look at them at shows and it's the same dudes I rocked with 34 years ago. How awesome is that!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Its funny, as I am starting to enjoy the era of Kansas without Steve Walsh. Seriously, Audio Visions, Vinyl Confessions and Drastic Measures are fantastic AOR albums!

For me,

It depends on the band.

Black Sabbath,

No way. Same way with Rush, Zeppelin, The Who and Chicago with out Terry Kath. But thats just my opinion.

Sabbath with Dio was pretty good. Of course, that was 30+ years ago and I was just getting into them so maybe that doesn't count :P

I'm tickled that I got to see Sabbath with Dio, Dio solo, Ozzy solo (with Randy Rhodes!), then Sabbath with Ozzy. I covered all the bases :D

• Like 2

Judas Priest did a good job replacing KK Downing. But they had his blessing and Ritchie is a huge fan of the band so I have no trouble since absolutely everyone is cool with it. Black Sabbath gave the boot to Ozzy and came up with a singer that reinvented the band and I love those albums with Dio. Though I guess I'm a hypocrite for not liking the fact that they gave Bill Ward the boot for their new tour/album. Vinnie Appice wasn't as good as him either yet I give him a pass because he was a big part of Dio's solo band yet Brad Wilk should go....

Sorry...can't dig the albums without Steve Walsh..he WAS on Audio Visions, though.... Didn't really like Vinyl Confessions...(got so sick of MTV over playing Play the Game Tonight, too) and never DID like Drastic Measures..... I can't comment on the new version... I WAS considering going to see them when they came close by..just not sure if I'm going to be around that weekend to go...

• Like 1

For me,

It depends on the band.

Black Sabbath,

Sabbath with Dio was pretty good. Of course, that was 30+ years ago and I was just getting into them so maybe that doesn't count :P

I'm tickled that I got to see Sabbath with Dio, Dio solo, Ozzy solo (with Randy Rhodes!), then Sabbath with Ozzy. I covered all the bases :D

Not a big Dio fan but he did an ok job. :P

• Like 1

For me,

It depends on the band.

Black Sabbath,

WTF???????

i'm in shock.

• Like 1

With Van Halen... I'm a huge fan.

Van Halen

Van Hagar

Van Halen III

Van Hager v2

Van Halen DLR v2

To me, nothing tops Van Halen but I've followed them through the years, went to their shows and bought their music.

If Eddie was not part of any of these versions, I'd be out.

Yeah,

The singer is one thing. But with out Eddie there is no way in hell!!

Fair-weather fans.

Van Halen

Van Hagar

Van Halen III

Van Hager v2

Van Halen DLR v2

To me, nothing tops Van Halen but I've followed them through the years, went to their shows and bought their music.

Yeah,

Fair-weather fans.

I still bought every Van Halen record ever made but listening to the Van Hagar stuff in 2015 is just gut wrenching. Can't do it although I do love Eddie's guitar of course.

I saw the 5150 Tour and that was it for me. The next time I saw Van Halen was with Gary Cherone. That show was great when Gary was off the stage! LOL!

Then of course I saw Van Halen again with David twice. I loved it although it sucked without Anthony.

So I've seen every MK version of VH yet at the end of the day Van Halen is shit without Diamond Dave.

Yet then again I listened to some of those live songs in Japan.

Dave sounds like SHIT!

IT'S FUKKING OVER!

"So Sad About Us."

Signed,

Pete Townshend

Anything Morse is on...

Earl I still need to hear High Tension Wires. Have you heard it? anything he works on is killer.

Oh yes buddy! "High Tension Wires" is great! I have every Steve Morse solo album!! STEVE RULES!! Even Duck will back me up!!!

Do you have all of the Dixie Dregs and Dregs albums? They are all great!

I think Kansas were decent in the eighties!

Almost a different band, but I think undervalued.

Van Halen

Van Hagar

Van Halen III

Van Hager v2

Van Halen DLR v2

Yeah,

Fair-weather fans.

I still bought every Van Halen record ever made but listening to the Van Hagar stuff in 2015 is just gut wrenching. Can't do it although I do love Eddie's guitar of course.

I saw the 5150 Tour and that was it for me. The next time I saw Van Halen was with Gary Cherone. That show was great when Gary was off the stage! LOL!

Then of course I saw Van Halen again with David twice. I loved it although it sucked without Anthony.

So I've seen every MK version of VH yet at the end of the day Van Halen is shit without Diamond Dave.

Dave sounds like SHIT!

IT'S FUKKING OVER!

"So Sad About Us."

Signed,

Pete Townshend

Okay, lets back this shit up. Another pet peeve of mine is when fans tell bands "It's over". Because news flash, it's not your decision to make. It's over when the band says it's over.

Edited by fraroc

For me,

It depends on the band.

Black Sabbath,

WTF???????

i'm in shock.

:LOL:

I don't know what it is,

Some thing about him just doesn't jive with me all that much. :P

• Like 1

Audiovisions came out in 1980.

Great fukking record.

The Morse stuff is good!

Power!!!

Yeah, those two weren't bad... Power was a really good album, In the Spirit of Things was one I DIDN'T have at first...and it was recommended by a friend years back who was a Dregs fan, (and the CD was in the five for $10.00 bin!) and I thought it was a decent album...actually have that playing on my iPod at the moment.

As far as the Sabbath talk... I didn't think the Dio stuff was that bad...a different tilt than the Ozzy stuff.... I got to see Sabbath with Ozzy when they toured in 1999, and got to see Ozzy solo with Randy Rhoads 4/23/81....I THINK it was the second stop on his first US tour...Motorhead opened! And it was in a small theater in Harrisburg...nothing but basic lights!

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

Van Halen

Van Hagar

Van Halen III

Van Hager v2

Van Halen DLR v2

Yeah,

Fair-weather fans.

Dave sounds like SHIT!

IT'S FUKKING OVER!

"So Sad About Us."

Signed,

Pete Townshend

Okay, lets back this shit up. Another pet peeve of mine is when fans tell bands "It's over". Because news flash, it's not your decision to make. It's over when the band says it's over.

Fans can state their opinions, though. You do it, we do it...

One fan states his opinion- we'll all state our opinions- it'll be anarchy!!

(You may be too young for that reference).

Anyway, seriously...I don't mean to be picking on you, but if you can't deal with people's opinions on the internet, let alone in your day-to-day interactions, you may have a difficult time in this life. No one is trying to get under your skin here, I don't think.

• Like 5