My BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to fans of music.

fraroc

If there is one thing that I honestly CANNOT stand and it pisses me off SO much is fans who turn their back on their favorite band because of these reasons. A. It's not the original band anymore B. The lead singer doesn't sound the same as he did 30 years ago. How the HELL can you possible classify yourself as a fan of whatever band if you're just going to complain about stuff that obviously comes with the package with older bands? A true fan stands by their band and their bands history, good or bad. And if you're going to sit there and say stuff like "David Lee Roth is a horrible singer, I don't like VH anymore." or "Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer aren't real members of KISS and they suck now." Then guess what, you obviously don't support those bands anymore.
  • Like 1

Kiss have always sucked.

Roth cant sing live any more but it doesnt change the power of the original 6 albums fhey recorded with him.

Marilion is an example of a band that changed singers and they remained elatively consistent. I still beleive the albums they recorded with Fish are all around better albums but they are still a great band.

Nothing wrong about loving a band in a certain incarnation and then not liking them as they evolve. You're not a Queen fan unless you love the Paul Rogers line-up? :huh:
  • Like 7

I might not like the direction a band has chosen, but that doesn't affect the respect I have for the musicians who created music I love so much.

Yes, Rush and Fleetwood Mac come to mind. My dislike of certain eras of each does not affect the love I have for the band, or their best work. As for aging vocals, I cannot stand the whinging either. People grow old, bodies change, but the passion need not die, and neither will my loyalty.

Edited by Segue Myles

With all due respect fraroc but overly dramatic much?... Geez man lighten up... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 3

I don't turn on the band for declining voices. i aknowledge it instead of Going LALALA like some fans.

Mick

I am assuming you had your fingers in your ears when you typed the last part of this post... :LOL:

As was said on That Metal Show last night, I don't like people who smartphone an entire show, and I have to look around them.

Phones should be banned!

• Like 4

I don't turn on the band for declining voices. i aknowledge it instead of Going LALALA like some fans.

Mick

I am assuming you had your fingers in your ears when you typed the last part of this post... :LOL:

Mick can type with his elbows?

DUDE HAS SUPERPOWERS!

Nothing wrong about loving a band in a certain incarnation and then not liking them as they evolve. You're not a Queen fan unless you love the Paul Rogers line-up? :huh:

Yeah,

My first love was Chicago back in the day,

I still love listening to the older tunes but haven't followed them for decades.

• Like 2

With all due respect fraroc but overly dramatic much?... Geez man lighten up... :)

Well I'm just that kind of person, I'm very melodramatic.

• Like 1

With all due respect fraroc but overly dramatic much?... Geez man lighten up... :)

Well I'm just that kind of person, I'm very melodramatic.

I'll throw you a like for that one. At least you realize it and are big enough to admit it. :cheers: for that anyway...

There's some non-Cherone VH I like. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan to think the DLR and Sammy editions don't quite measure up.

I LOVE KANSAS.

But post-Monolith that took a nosedive and went from sky high to six feet under.

Still, a top ten band based on that amazing seventies run.

Rush, after Presto the band were rarely great. Still top five.

Yes. After GFTO, possibly Tormato, they changed, with some gems but nothing to match that seventies run for me. Still top ten.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love everything a band does. Sure, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish and Alter Bridge have yet to step a foot wrong, but these sort of bands are few and far between.

I don't lose much sleep over things like this. I like what I like. I can have a critical point of view, but that doesn't mean that I think of myself as critical, per se.

There are a couple of Rush albums I don't like very much, but the reasons I don't like them don't have anything to do with Geddy's voice.

I've never liked Kiss, so no flip-flopping is possible there.

No one needs to have reasons to defend themselves for liking what they like; that's all I mean.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 5

I LOVE KANSAS.

But post-Monolith that took a nosedive and went from sky high to six feet under.

Yes. After GFTO, possibly Tormato, they changed, with some gems but nothing to match that seventies run for me. Still top ten.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love everything a band does. Sure, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish and Alter Bridge have yet to step a foot wrong, but these sort of bands are few and far between.

Agree with your view on YES.

I LOVE KANSAS.

Agree with your view on YES.

No love for Drama? Blah. You guys stink. ;)

• Like 1

I like what I like, and I sure don't feel like I need to be loyal to anyone out there. There are a few bands/artist out there....I really like their complete catalog, but for most bands/artists I only like a fraction of their catalog....and that's fine by me :)