Geddy Lee in How I Met Your Mother

YYZumbi

I am sitting in front the tv and just watched daily How I Met Your Mother.... and suddenly.. I see Geddy Lee! :o

Geddy Lee was in a How I Met Your Mother episode! I was really surprised! :o

He was only saying a few words.. but he was really funny! :D

When was this episode recorded, and how come Geddy is in it? :o

Geddy was on HIMYM, the Robin Sparkles, "behind the music" episode...

Geddy is in it because Robin Sparkles was a pop star in Canada, and other Canadian artists were interviewed

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Geddy was on HIMYM, the Robin Sparkles, "behind the music" episode...

Geddy is in it because Robin Sparkles was a pop star in Canada, and other Canadian artists were interviewed

Sadly he wasn't in the episode of Corner Gas where Colin James and The Tragically Hip showed up. So many famous Canadians appeared on that show but not a single member of Rush...

Didn't even know about it - the only time I did was when the end credits came up and his name appeared. That is to say, I switched over from another station just as the credits appeared. Wish I could find a youtube clip of it...

Didn't even know about it - the only time I did was when the end credits came up and his name appeared. That is to say, I switched over from another station just as the credits appeared. Wish I could find a youtube clip of it...

Challenge accepted (HIMYM catch phrase)

This should work, anything longer is removed by the content owners.

Got the blurb from rushisaband,thanks Ed. It's a fake documentary about Robin...

Geddy also says, "That day is now known in music history as the day that grunge was born" in relation to the day that Robin Sparkles lost it on stage. And he also says "Halifax, Nova Scotia - Walnut Crunch" in reference to being asked about the place and type of donut he was eating at Tim Horton's at the time she lost it.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Got the blurb from rushisaband,thanks Ed. It's a fake documentary about Robin...

Geddy also says, "That day is now known in music history as the day that grunge was born" in relation to the day that Robin Sparkles lost it on stage. And he also says "Halifax, Nova Scotia - Walnut Crunch" in reference to being asked about the place and type of donut he was eating at Tim Horton's at the time she lost it.

Thank you! :heart:

So am I reading that Robin was a pop star first, then turned to grunge, and then it all went to hell in a hand basket soon after?

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/I4ZXc-JZZ1A

So am I reading that Robin was a pop star first, then turned to grunge, and then it all went to hell in a hand basket soon after?

Exactly. Her career died after that.

http://youtu.be/I4ZXc-JZZ1A

Exactly. Her career died after that.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks. :)

Her pals had no idea she was a teen icon. Kinda like The Hips rock icon status in Canada, but not well known in the states.