Neil Peart vs Tico Torres...

LittleRushmonkey

"The Trees" to "You Give Love A Bad Name?"

YGLABN is such a fantastic song...yeah of the two I would pick that one, most definitely.

Bon Jovi bashing is boring.

They are a great pop rock band, one of the best. Those first four albums are heavenly. As musicians, I think they are very good.

I shall continue not caring for the majorities verdict, as I always do.

Segue, my comments were more to the surprise that a legendary drummer would have such a tough time with Tuco. Honestly never saw his name mentioned in the media before aboot being a top drummer.

Music is an awesome inspiration. If you choose pop music, that's great for you!

How is Tico Torres even close to Neil??????????????????? :huh:

http://ultimateclass...h-drum-madness/

Easy one. Teenage girls have access to this vote also apparently... :facepalm:

"Teenage girls" Narp? Really? Maybe in the 80s, but seriously, which teenage girl is into BJ these days??? It's their daddies' rock band!

Remind me again, which year is it today?

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

How is Tico Torres even close to Neil? :huh:

Easy one. Teenage girls have access to this vote also apparently...

"Teenage girls" Narp? Really? Maybe in the 80s, but seriously, which teenage girl is into BJ these days??? It's their daddies' rock band!

Women in their 40's and their daughters is the Assistant Night Manager’s fan base.

Neil Peart won but it shouldn’t have been close. Torres drumming is almost forgettable.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Women in their 40's and their daughters is the Assistant Night Manager’s fan base.

Neil Peart won but it shouldn’t have been close. Torres drumming is almost forgettable.

I don't think i can remeber this torres guy every coming up in any drummer discussion ever.

Of course when you talk Bon jovi.......Things do come up, lol

your lunch.

Mick

Wait, "Assistant Night Manager" is a BJ joke? Could you enlighten me kind sir?

Never heard of it.... :popcorn:

New Jersey rock icon Bruce Springsteen is The Boss. His hair band wannabe Bon Jovi is the Assistant Night Manager. ;)

Segue, my comments were more to the surprise that a legendary drummer would have such a tough time with Tuco. Honestly never saw his name mentioned in the media before aboot being a top drummer.

Music is an awesome inspiration. If you choose pop music, that's great for you!

Aaaah! I getcha!

Must admit, not one single member of Bon Jovi comes even a smidge close to the level of awesome Peart has in just one little finger.

Yes I enjoy pop, I have grown to love Bon Jovi. If this was a poll directed squarely at professional drummers, not biased fans, Peart would have surely gathered close to 100% of the votes.

• Like 1

"The Trees" to "You Give Love A Bad Name?"

Hanging vs. Firing Squad.

Sublime vs Ridiculous

Tico Torres is an excellent drummer and great at what he does imo. Yes, he doesn't have the flare and technique that Neil has but then I don't think Neil can hold down fat drum grooves like Tico can either. I hate it when this stuff is seen as a competition, especially when it's between individual musicians. Just ridiculous. Edited by Drummerrobin

New Jersey rock icon Bruce Springsteen is The Boss. His hair band wannabe Bon Jovi is the Assistant Night Manager. ;)

ah ah ah!!! LOL. Sweet!!!

Tico Torres is an excellent drummer and great at what he does imo. Yes, he doesn't have the flare and technique that Neil has but then I don't think Neil can hold down fat drum grooves like Tico can either. I hate it when this stuff is seen as a competition, especially when it's between individual musicians. Just ridiculous.

Seriously...you have heard Roll the Bones? That cat can groooove.

;-)

Tico Torres is an excellent drummer and great at what he does imo. Yes, he doesn't have the flare and technique that Neil has but then I don't think Neil can hold down fat drum grooves like Tico can either. I hate it when this stuff is seen as a competition, especially when it's between individual musicians. Just ridiculous.

;-)

The song you mean? It's not bad, I can see he's trying to go for a more funk rock approach. But there are other drummers who do that kind of thing way better such as Chad Smith and Will Calhoun. I'm not saying for a minute I think Neil's a bad drummer - he's anything but that! It's just that kind of straight ahead grooving isn't really his thing, although I do think he is a lot better at it now than he used to be.

• Like 1

;-)

The song you mean? It's not bad, I can see he's trying to go for a more funk rock approach. But there are other drummers who do that kind of thing way better such as Chad Smith and Will Calhoun. I'm not saying for a minute I think Neil's a bad drummer - he's anything but that! It's just that kind of straight ahead grooving isn't really his thing, although I do think he is a lot better at it now than he used to be.

,-)

I was trying to keep it light. Yes, it really isn't his thing. I like RTB song, and it gets A LOT of heat on TRF. Was expecting some feedback on that.

I'm with you on Chad Smith, my understanding he's a big Rush fan and in a great band!

• Like 1