a band for rush fans...

Vismund Cygnus

hey,

i posted about these guys before but didn't get many replies.

the band 'coheed and cambria' have released another song off of their new album 'good apollo, i'm burning star iv - vol. 1: from fear through the eyes of madness.' the band's 'thing' is that they tell an epic sci-fi story over the course of their albums, and they also have a comic book.

anyway, i've uploaded the file via 'yousendit' and i suggest everyone check out the new song, entitled 'the willing well ii - from fear through the eyes of madness.' the reason i'm suggesting this here is because they've been compared to rush a lot (they even have a song called 2113!), and they're also compared to yes sometimes.

anyway give it a shot and tell me what you think! they're defintiely a band for rush fans!

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MCTRSQ...KV2Q0GEWWOIBZO2

QUOTE (Vismund Cygnus @ Aug 10 2005, 06:50 AM)
anyway, i've uploaded the file via 'yousendit' and i suggest everyone check out the new song, entitled 'the willing well ii - from fear through the eyes of madness.' the reason i'm suggesting this here is because they've been compared to rush a lot (they even have a song called 2113!), and they're also compared to yes sometimes.

anyway give it a shot and tell me what you think! they're defintiely a band for rush fans!

I like this a lot - The only other song of their's I've heard is "The Crowning", and this is better. This might well be an album worth checking out.

Yeah, I posted about this band last summer. They aren't too bad. The singer has a high voice like Geddy, that's about the only thing that reminds me of Rush. The music sounds cool though, better than most new bands.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 12 2005, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (Vismund Cygnus @ Aug 10 2005, 06:50 AM)

I like this a lot - The only other song of their's I've heard is "The Crowning", and this is better. This might well be an album worth checking out.

It most definetly is. I uploaded some of their other songs over in "Rush: Closest to" in the main forum. Anyone's welcome to go and download those.

And the song you mentioned is called "The Crowing". Very good tune.

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 12 2005, 02:14 PM)
Yeah, I posted about this band last summer. They aren't too bad. The singer has a high voice like Geddy, that's about the only thing that reminds me of Rush. The music sounds cool though, better than most new bands.

Precisely.

I went to their homepage and listened to all available mp3's. Nice music, I do like the guitarist.

I then went to their links page and under

"BANDS WE LIKE"- it is listed

Anadivine

Bloodlet

Breaking Pangaea

Divest

Elytra

The Last Yea

Led Zeppelin

Life Before This

Lower Definition

Glassjaw