What will be the opening song?

LocalsBandGuy

We all know the likely suspects. Which song do you feel will kick off the tour on opening night?

I'm going with Dreamline this go 'round. No scientific calculation, just a gut feeling.

I'm hoping for a Dreamline, DEW b2b punch. They both work well early in the set.

Out of all songs mentioned so far Headlong Flight is the only one I'd like to hear. The band has talked about how on this tour they are going to highlight some older stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if they opened with something from one of the very early albums. Bastille Day was a great opener for BtLS and it would work well as a show opener, too.

The last song with be The Garden, no question about it.

• Like 3

We all know the likely suspects. Which song do you feel will kick off the tour on opening night?

I'm going with Dreamline this go 'round. No scientific calculation, just a gut feeling.

I'm hoping for a Dreamline, DEW b2b punch. They both work well early in the set.

I hope its not Dreamline....nothing against the song, but Ill be next to LedRush at the concert, and he will probably crap his pants

• Like 2

Out of all songs mentioned so far Headlong Flight is the only one I'd like to hear. The band has talked about how on this tour they are going to highlight some older stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if they opened with something from one of the very early albums. Bastille Day was a great opener for BtLS and it would work well as a show opener, too.

The last song with be The Garden, no question about it.

Agreed regarding Bastille Day. As long as its not from VT things will be just fine... ;) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

One would hope some kind of R40 medley.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question that is well covered. This R40 medly, this is a thing? Is it just an idea or concept?

Imagine how nuts people would go if the opener was either "2112" or "YYZ"! I think it should be something epic and unexpected like that, not just "Dreamline" or anything else that's been done before.

Very likely though it'll be an R40 medley.

R40 medley I would say is likely, but I really hope they open with Tom Sawyer. That would be killer.

Dreamline into TSOR like they did on the CP tour would be cool as well.

2112 would be INSANE.

Marathon.

I'm serious but feel free to tell me why 'aint gonna happen.

I tell you why, the song just doesn't have the pop that a concert opener needs. It's not a song that gets you pumped up and it's not a song everyone would know. When was the last time Rush didn't open their show with a song that was a big hit everyone knew? The R30 medley doesn't count since they were basically playing their own intro music. Marathon is a great song but it's not an opening song.

My pick for the opener this tour is either Overture/Temples or Tom Sawyer. Actually, those two would be a great one, two punch to open the show.

Hmmm...Not sure...do you think they'll do another "overture" or do you think it's a "been there, done that" sort of thing?

My thing is they should start with Anthem, since that was the "debut track" with Neil!

Marathon.

I'm serious but feel free to tell me why 'aint gonna happen.

that was the first song that popped into my head when i read the thread title. I've been told that I'm low-key psychic so you never know ;)

I think they will open the R40 the same as they did R30. As far as the 1st full song I would say Carvan or The Big Money. I would love if they used the Three Stooges theme song prior to the R40 as well but I realize that would be highly unlikely

Tom Sawyer fits on this tour.

Spirit of Radio is always possible, but probably will be an encore.

Longshot: Working Man. 1st album, crowd would jump through the roof.

Possible on a chronological setlist, never has been done 1st

Hmmm...Not sure...do you think they'll do another "overture" or do you think it's a "been there, done that" sort of thing?

We can only hope they're done with that sort of thing!

We can only hope they're done with that sort of thing!

I think an overture/ medley will be done at some point.

But not to start the show.

End of a set/ encore works better.