What will be the opening song?

LocalsBandGuy

We havent heard them open with 2112 Overture in a loooooooong time. Its usually at the end, so I'm thinking they will move that to the front. My gut however says it will be an Overture of greatest hits like they opened the R30 tour with. We will know soon!

This would make sense to me. They could open with 2112 and then segue into an overture of songs.

We havent heard them open with 2112 Overture in a loooooooong time. Its usually at the end, so I'm thinking they will move that to the front. My gut however says it will be an Overture of greatest hits like they opened the R30 tour with. We will know soon!

This would make sense to me. They could open with 2112 and then segue into an overture of songs.

i think they save 2112 for late in the show because it's the most challenging for geddy's voice at this point. he can let it rip and not worry about 20 more songs to deal with. that being said, i'm guessing that 2112 will probably be late in the show.

i think they save 2112 for late in the show because it's the most challenging for geddy's voice at this point. he can let it rip and not worry about 20 more songs to deal with. that being said, i'm guessing that 2112 will probably be late in the show.

I didn't mean the entire song, just what they've been doing the past few tours. The Overture, then segue into something else.

Opener: Best I Can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRZbf61GdY

"Best I Can"

I've got a livin' that's rough, a future that's tough

You know what I mean

Blankers and boasters, all the bluffers and posers

I'm not into that scene

[bridge:]

You can tell me that I got no class

Look around, you'll see who's laughin' last

Don't give me speeches 'cause they're oh so droll

Leave me alone, let me rock and roll

[Chorus:]

Got an itchin' to rock, a hate for small talk

I'm funny that way

Got my sights on the stars, won't get that far

But I'll try anyway

I just like to please, I don't like to tease

I'm easy like that

Don't like long rests, I must confess

I'm an impatient cat

[bridge]

[x2]

I do the best that I can

I'm just what I am

I do the best I can

Well, I know what I am

[Chorus]

Rock and rollin's a scream, makin' millions my dream

Well, I do that a lot

I'll just give it a try, won't let good times pass me by

They're all I've got

I didn't mean the entire song, just what they've been doing the past few tours. The Overture, then segue into something else.

Don't they normally do Overture/Temples? I think that's what he's talking about

They also used to open main sets with Overture>Temples and close them with Grand Finale. That would be rad too.

• Like 1

They haven't done Temples in a long while.

Wha? They did Temples on the last tour.

Yeah I guess not since CA Tour, and before that Time Machine lol
  • Like 3

I'm sorry, I had a brain fart. :LOL:

I'm sorry, I had a brain fart. :LOL:

:LOL:
  • Like 1

You look like the piss boy

Is that a new Rush tune, or assistant night manager?

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=piss+boy

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

I haven't read the whole thread yet so bear with me. I would love for them to open with Finding My Way. I do realize that is not going to happen. But it would be cool. Dreamline is also a great opener. Spirit of Radio too, but I think it now works better late in the set when they do CONCERT HALL and turn the lights on and take the crowd picture. I did not thing Subdivisions was a good opener (love the song though). I think they should open with something that has more drive. Something powerful. Grab the crowd from the first second.
  • Like 1

On past tours they’ve made some odd choices for their opener IMHO. I personally always hope for an opening song that starts with a bang. For me, Limelight and Subdivisions just don’t start with a bang. I also hope that they don’t repeat the R30 opener and do a historical medley. Maybe they’ll do that for the set 2 opener.

I think Caravan would be a great opener. I can imagine the intro part starting at the end of the intro video. The venue is still dark and then bang! The song kicks in and we’re off to the races! I also think that The Analog Kid, Far Cry, or One Little Victory would be great openers because they start with a bang. Realistically, I can see them opening with something like 2112. That’s my best guess at the moment.

Is Vegas taking bets on this?

I disagree that Subdivisions doesn't start with a bang. People went totally nuts the moment they heard those opening keyboard notes and the song stays powerful throughout. I wouldn't mind it being the opener again.

• Like 1

On past tours they’ve made some odd choices for their opener IMHO. I personally always hope for an opening song that starts with a bang. For me, Limelight and Subdivisions just don’t start with a bang. I also hope that they don’t repeat the R30 opener and do a historical medley. Maybe they’ll do that for the set 2 opener.

I think Caravan would be a great opener. I can imagine the intro part starting at the end of the intro video. The venue is still dark and then bang! The song kicks in and we’re off to the races! I also think that The Analog Kid, Far Cry, or One Little Victory would be great openers because they start with a bang. Realistically, I can see them opening with something like 2112. That’s my best guess at the moment.

Is Vegas taking bets on this?

I disagree that Subdivisions doesn't start with a bang. People went totally nuts the moment they heard those opening keyboard notes and the song stays powerful throughout. I wouldn't mind it being the opener again.

Limelight, too. As soon as the opening riff goes off, the crowd goes crazy!

• Like 1

Likely an R-40 medley of some sort or Headlong Flight My preference would be Hemispheres but that'll never happen.