The "tell somebody you love them" Thread

Tombstone Mountain

I was watching the Time Machine dvd, and now the Snakes dvd - and I'm not sure who means more to me - the men on stage or the fans in the audience. Which is to say that being here one week shy of three years, I've come to know the quality of Rush fans.

And when I see the fans in the audience, I equate them with all of you.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

I was watching the Time Machine dvd, and now the Snakes dvd - and I'm not sure who means more to me - the men on stage or the fans in the audience. Which is to say that being here one week shy of three years, I've come to know the quality of Rush fans.

Narps is the smiling guy high fiving everyone.

JARG is the guy correcting everyone missing air drum beats.

Tony is the guy yelling at people to SIT DOWN!

ducky is the guy staggering to the corner to puke.

bathory is the guy looking at his hand and laughing.

• Like 4

Narps is the smiling guy high fiving everyone.

JARG is the guy correcting everyone missing air drum beats.

Tony is the guy yelling at people to SIT DOWN!

ducky is the guy staggering to the corner to puke.

bathory is the guy looking at his hand and laughing.

Hahaha

What happened was that when I saw the audience, I thought of most of you and realized how much you mean to me.

• Like 2

I just wanna send Love to Lorraine and Narps. Recent events caused a bit of a falling out between us. But as i've said this place is like a family to me. and families have disagreements. i mean it's just gonna happen from time to time.

But it also shows a streangth if you can move beyond.

and i think us 3 are pretty strong.

so as always much love to you both. :hug2: ;)

Mick

• Like 4

I just wanna send Love to Lorraine and Narps. Recent events caused a bit of a falling out between us. But as i've said this place is like a family to me. and families have disagreements. i mean it's just gonna happen from time to time.

Mick

And you too, my friend. :wub: :wub: :wub: Thank you for saying that.

You are family to me too. I really mean that. There's a bond that I don't know how it formed so well, but it is strong and enduring.

Too solid a foundation to be shattered.

:hug2:

• Like 3

Mick

You are family to me too. I really mean that. There's a bond that I don't know how it formed so well, but it is strong and enduring.

Come on guys. Bring it in here... *insert that emoticon where more than two people are hugging* :wub: Thanks a bunch Mick it really means alot.... :)
  • Like 4

Mick

Come on guys. Bring it in here... *insert that emoticon where more than two people are hugging* :wub: Thanks a bunch Mick it really means alot.... :)

http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2013/12/20/882/n/1922398/8e9b16f1034f9384_tumblr_mfigx2ycRa1r7a2oro1_500.gif.xxxlarge.gif
  • Like 3

Can I join the mass cuddling!

I promise to have soft bouncy hair...

• Like 2

I want to send LOVE to my Parents. Though they've both "crossed over", I still miss them every day, and LOVE them as much as ever! Here they are, after Dad Joined the U.S. Army in the '40s...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/Mom-sm.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/My%20Family-%20Robert%20Morningstar-%20%20Dad%201940s%20tiny.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 6

Ah, yes - parents! Those of you who still have close family, cherish these moments. Like everything else, even though you think it will, it won't last forever. Sometimes I think I would do anything to have my family back just for one day. I look forward to seeing all of them again.

In all of my 61 years, I don't think I've ever felt as low as I have been the past while. I don't know what is going to happen to me, but I want to make sure that those here who have meant a lot to me know it.

In no particular order, much love and gratitude for this and that throughout my three plus years here, to LIX, Mick, Segue, Rhyta, EagleMoon, Chica, Rush Canuck, LABT, Mystic, ReGor, Steve, Toymaker, Goose, Narps, Troutman, Cygnus 2112, Greyfriar, and Blue J. Even though he probably won't see this, an extra big hug for Citizen of the World for his generosity and kindness, and 73 for putting up with the inmates.

Don't take anything in your life for granted. Make the most of what you have now, while you still have it. Nothing lasts forever in this world. Try to make the best choices and decisions for yourself. Think things through to the end if you can, and don't let emotions come into your decision. Above all, if you are emotionally starving, don't grab the first apparent satiation that comes along. Remember, when you are starving, anything and everything looks good.

A warm hug for each of you! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

Thanks, Lorraine.

I'm glad I joined this forum. At first I was hesitant because I had this certain impression about forums. But it's mostly a good place to go - not just because it's good for a laugh sometimes, but it frequently reminds me that there are loads of good folks in the world - people who share what they have and show a great deal of empathy.

• Like 2

Thanks also, Lorraine. I agree about cherishing your parents. They won't be around forever. I miss my mom every day. Sorry to hear that things haven't been going so well. I guess we all need to appreciate things more when they're going smoothly because nothing really lasts.
  • Like 3

Great post Lorraine. As i've said in the past. i suffer from depression. on and off.

and it being this time of year......i just want to say. no matter what silly stupid drama may happen here. i'm eternally grateful to this place and the joy it's brought me in some of my low moments. I'm in a slow period as far as posting goes right now. but i'm always going to be around.

it's not about Rush. at all. it's the sense of community i feel here.

so thank you all. i'm not going to single people out. Those closer to me know who are.

But thanks all.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Ah, yes - parents! Those of you who still have close family, cherish these moments. Like everything else, even though you think it will, it won't last forever. Sometimes I think I would do anything to have my family back just for one day. I look forward to seeing all of them again.

In all of my 61 years, I don't think I've ever felt as low as I have been the past while. I don't know what is going to happen to me, but I want to make sure that those here who have meant a lot to me know it.

In no particular order, much love and gratitude for this and that throughout my three plus years here, to LIX, Mick, Segue, Rhyta, EagleMoon, Chica, Rush Canuck, LABT, Mystic, ReGor, Steve, Toymaker, Goose, Narps, Troutman, Cygnus 2112, Greyfriar, and Blue J. Even though he probably won't see this, an extra big hug for Citizen of the World for his generosity and kindness, and 73 for putting up with the inmates.

Don't take anything in your life for granted. Make the most of what you have now, while you still have it. Nothing lasts forever in this world. Try to make the best choices and decisions for yourself. Think things through to the end if you can, and don't let emotions come into your decision. Above all, if you are emotionally starving, don't grab the first apparent satiation that comes along. Remember, when you are starving, anything and everything looks good.

A warm hug for each of you! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Thank you so much, my friend! You know you mean a lot to me, especially in my darker moments this year when you brought the fun!

Don't deserve ya!

• Like 2

JJ Abrams--I love you bud. Yer the very definition of shiznit

He certainly has 'The Right Stuff'! He's revitallized BOTH major Space Icons, and FANTASTICALLY iMO.....

Was thinking this morning of how much this place means to me. Funny how I came here for Rush and found a family of friends instead. Many of you mean a great deal to me, and I worry about you as I would a member of my own family, or a lifelong friend.

Just wanted to let you all know. :) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 4

http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/love-smileys/groups_cuddle.gif Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

I love ILSnowdog, LaughedAtByTime, Tom Sawyer, Ken Jennings, and all the other UltraCons (term of endearment) in SOCN.

...And I hope that pisses them off. ;)

• Like 1

I don't want to be morbid, but I feel the need to write this. I have a feeling I won't get a chance to do so at a later time because whatever will happen will be sudden.

Lately, and this morning in particular, I've been having a hard time getting it together. I seem to be confused and uncertain about things I've never been confused and uncertain about. A minor issue, but an example nevertheless, is that I had to ask what Geddy's wife name is this morning. I should know this by heart, but it seems foreign to me now.

My husband noticed my confusion this morning because I took a lot longer than usual to get ready, and I think he was concerned about me driving, but I made it back in one piece with no mishaps.

I just feel the need to make sure you (and by "you", you all know who "you" are) know how much many of you (and by extension - TRF) have meant to me, and I thank you from my heart for your friendship and concern and for genuinely caring about me.

That's all. :)

• Like 1

I don't want to be morbid, but I feel the need to write this. I have a feeling I won't get a chance to do so at a later time because whatever will happen will be sudden.

Lately, and this morning in particular, I've been having a hard time getting it together. I seem to be confused and uncertain about things I've never been confused and uncertain about. A minor issue, but an example nevertheless, is that I had to ask what Geddy's wife name is this morning. I should know this by heart, but it seems foreign to me now.

My husband noticed my confusion this morning because I took a lot longer than usual to get ready, and I think he was concerned about me driving, but I made it back in one piece with no mishaps.

I just feel the need to make sure you (and by "you", you all know who "you" are) know how much many of you (and by extension - TRF) have meant to me, and I thank you from my heart for your friendship and concern and for genuinely caring about me.

That's all. :)

hugs and sincere hope that you get it back together ASAP...

• Like 3