Battle of the Bisection...Hemispheres vs Half the World

laughedatbytime

huh?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

Half the World.

Far better lyrics.

I'm just glad my son didn't send in something as insipid as the lyrics to Half the World as his entry into the fourth grade poetry contest.

If there's a time when Rush ever mailed it in, it was with this song, the worst in their 165 song catalog.

• Like 1

Half the World.

Far better lyrics.

I'm just glad my son didn't send in something as insipid as the lyrics to Half the World as his entry into the fourth grade poetry contest.

If there's a time when Rush ever mailed it in, it was with this song, the worst in their 165 song catalog.

I'm obviously joking up above, but the song is very good, even if the lyrics aren't. And, to me, the lyrics are a huge improvement over most of what we got on Counterparts. At least these fit into a nice little rock song, don't get overbearing, and aren't a clunk mess.

But, of course, Hemispheres wins because it is a great song.

Well? So which is better?

I have a feeling this one will be incredibly close.

...he said, with the straightest of faces...

I'll take "blinded Hemispheres" over the other "half the world", any day of the week.

• Like 1

I'll take the mediocrity of Half the World any day over the epitome of crap that is Hemispheres.

How do you know that your opinion of a Rush song is "right"? Disk thinks the opposite.

• Like 2

I'll take the mediocrity of Half the World any day over the epitome of crap that is Hemispheres.

How do you know that your opinion of a Rush song is "right"? Disk thinks the opposite.

i admire the conviction in his anti-Hemispheres stance though, lol. I know from experience it's incredibly dark, cold and lonely over there.

Mick

• Like 1

i admire the conviction in his anti-Hemispheres stance though, lol. I know from experience it's incredibly dark, cold and lonely over there.

Mick

Just to clarify, I'll still take the epitome of crap that is Hemispheres over most any of today's embarrassing noise that is considered "music." But I'll take Half the World over all of it.

• Like 1

Mick

Just to clarify, I'll still take the epitome of crap that is Hemispheres over most any of today's embarrassing noise that is considered "music." But I'll take Half the World over all of it.

Hey dude. you like Avatar so you're OK in my book.

Mick

Mick

Mick

:LOL: How do you know that?

Mick

Mick

your interests, lol. it's a brilliantly written show......kids cartoon or not. I have the whole series, lol

Mick

Mick

Mick

your interests, lol. it's a brilliantly written show......kids cartoon or not. I have the whole series, lol

Mick

Great show. I watched it when it was new, and I still watch reruns!

• Like 1

to divide into two parts.

A Hemisphere is Half the World.

Yet one of these songs is transcendently good and the other one is the worst thing they've ever released.

Yet one of these songs is transcendently good and the other one is the worst thing they've ever released.

I still don't get it, but thanks anyway. :)

I actually like Half the World quite a bit, but comparing it to Hemispheres is like comparing the John Deere Classic to the Masters... Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

I actually like Half the World quite a bit, but comparing it to Hemispheres is like comparing the John Deere Classic to the Masters...

It's more like comparing Augusta National or St. Andrews to a mini-golf course with matted, soggy carpet where no one drains the water out of the holes.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Which of these songs was on Counterparts?

Which of these songs was on Counterparts?

It's a miracle that as bad as Presto and S&A are, their worst song is from neither album. If it had to come from another album, though, TFE would have been the top choice. It's almost like Neil was taunting the fans with the lyrics on TFE...let's see, how bad can I make them and still have the fanbois rave.

Tough talking hood boys in pro team knockoffs

Conform to some uniforms of some corporate entity

Don't change that station

It's a gangsta nation

:facepalm: