Tai Shan vs. High Water

Segue Myles

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

• Tai Shan
    • High Water

I like High Water. Don't understand why there are so many people who like the rest of HYF (apart from Tai Shan, commonly) who don't like it as well.

I like High Water. Don't understand why there are so many people who like the rest of HYF (apart from Tai Shan, commonly) who don't like it as well.

I think Tai Shan left such a bad taste in most fans mouths that High Water gets forgotten about because it had to follow possibly the least liked Rush song ever.

Truthfully...both of those songs contribute to my HATE of Hold yer Fire!

Running the Gauntlet of that album:

Force Ten-not a fan

Time Stand Still- WORST RUSH SONG EVER!

Open Secrets-Not BAD, but not great

Second Nature- Like the "Grand Piano" at the beginning, but not a fan of the song

Prime Mover-ok...

Lock and Key- not a fan

Mission- just don't like it

Turn the Page -GREAT SONG!

Tai Shan- sucks!

High Water-sucks!

HyF isn't my favorite album, and was part of the reason I didn't go crazy looking for Rush tickets the next few years (Presto and RtB didn't help much, either)

High Water is the Rush song title with the most lost potential...I thought it was about something else completely.

I actually like Tai Shan. The intro is a bit too much, but it sets a nice picture in your mind's eye and tells a nice little story.

Well said about Tai Shan. I often joke about the song, but mostly because it is so out of context with, well, everything. Still, one of the things Neil does well, I think, is painting the setting for you. Tai Shan is one example. Another is Countdown. I distinctly remember my daughter, at a very young age, listening to the song on a drive and telling me she could see the shuttle before takeoff while hearing the lyrics. Tai Shan has that same effect.

I also enjoy the percussion in High Water. So, there's that.

And, truly, the Rush song I hate more than any is Superconductor. That said, they could play an extended version of it this tour and I wouldn't complain. They have earned the right to go Andy Kaufmann for all I care.

It was tough to decide, frankly one is not really much better than the other. I find High Water more interesting musically.

Is that you Sept?

Yes, yes it is.

It was tough to decide, frankly one is not really much better than the other. I find High Water more interesting musically.

Is that you Sept?

Yes, yes it is.

I miss Moist! Les (Com Cain on Tombs)

That's right I remember now we shared that RUSH fan thing.

Things around here sometimes get moist. ;)

• Like 1

There really should be a 3rd choice.

Tai Shan vs. High Water OR......................

Shove this sharp stick in your eye!