Xanadu

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Xanadu (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Xanadu?

1. Yes (68 votes [97.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.14%

2. No (2 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53381 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 19 March 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 19 March 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hate it, it's terrible!
You need to drink a big tall glass of milk of Paradise! :hail:

I drink milk every day for both breakfast and dinner. Does not help!

Have you tried cottage cheese?

Sponsored Post

#22 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 20786 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 19 March 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 19 March 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hate it, it's terrible!
You need to drink a big tall glass of milk of Paradise! :hail:

I drink milk every day for both breakfast and dinner. Does not help!
Milk? Or milk of Paradise? Jeez. Get with it!

#23 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 28952 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

I don't know...this song is too boring in the beginning and seems to be just for burnt out hash heads stuck in the 70s.  The guitars later on scare me, and I don't like that I have to have patience to allow the song to develop or that the song requires my attention for more than 6 minutes.  If it weren't for the geriatrics on this board, we probably would never have to suffer through this song live.

#24 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 21875 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Maybe I should have made it an over thirty years and older (got you in there, Mick!  ;)) poll?  It seems to me that most here under that age have very different taste in music.

Whew i just made it.......to be fair i've liked it since i first heard it at 12......yes 12.

lol

Mick

#25 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostReRushed, on 19 March 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes. And I always remember to thank Neal Schon. :notworthy:
:laughing guy: A blast from the past. That little tidbit belongs in the thread about TRF Inside Jokes will all credit due to its author... :lol:

#26 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Swedish Gedneck

• Members *
  • 19601 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Maybe I should have made it an over thirty years and older (got you in there, Mick!  ;)) poll?  It seems to me that most here under that age have very different taste in music.

Nah, I am just messing with you...

Ofcourse I like it! Thou I think other 10 mins songs are better, such as The Necromancer and Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage

#27 ReRushed

ReRushed

• Members
  • 20786 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't know...this song is too boring in the beginning and seems to be just for burnt out hash heads stuck in the 70s.  The guitars later on scare me, and I don't like that I have to have patience to allow the song to develop or that the song requires my attention for more than 6 minutes.  If it weren't for the geriatrics on this board, we probably would never have to suffer through this song live.
You need to dine on some honey dew.

#28 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53381 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostReRushed, on 19 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

He needs to stop smoking that stuff he smokes and clear his head is what he needs.

#29 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28952 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Does Mt. Dew count.  It's EXXXTREME!!!

#30 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Maybe I should have made it a thirty years and older (got you in there, Mick!  ;)) poll?  It seems to me that most here under that age have very different taste in music.
It shows up every day. bathory seems to be one of the lone exceptions. Dude has good taste especially given his age... :codger:

#31 ReRushed

ReRushed

• Members
  • 20786 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Does Mt. Dew count.  It's EXXXTREME!!!
No! You drink milk of paradise. Sheesh....

#32 G Lee

G Lee

The Seeker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

He needs to stop smoking that stuff he smokes and clear his head is what he needs.

He needs to bring me a pic-a-nic basket because I is hungry. (Off topic :P)

#33 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28952 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Would it have helped if I had put a winky smiley face at the end?  I was trying to channel the people who love to hate on the pre-PeW era Rush.

#34 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53381 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Geriatric fans for a geriatric band.  :lol:

#35 G Lee

G Lee

The Seeker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Would it have helped if I had put a winky smiley face at the end?  I was trying to channel the people who love to hate on the pre-PeW era Rush.

People hate pre-PeW Rush?!? That's even a thing?!? Okay, they need the honeydew and milk of paradise shoved up their noses...

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53381 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Winkies always help.  How well I know how easily mistaken a post can be if one does not include an appropriate emoticon!  :) ;)

#37 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53381 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

So, Zumbie, are you going to delete your negative vote?

#38 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 21875 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Geriatric fans for a geriatric band.  :lol:

i totally heard a cheesy commerical announcer in my head

Geriatric fans for a geriatric Band!!!!!!!!

Mick

#39 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Swedish Gedneck

• Members *
  • 19601 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

So, Zumbie, are you going to delete your negative vote?

NO! :o

#40 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28952 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Winkies always help.  How well I know how easily mistaken a post can be if one does not include an appropriate emoticon!  :) ;)

I thought my views on epic-era Rush were well known enough that no one could possibly take my post seriously.  I mean, The Necromancer is my favorite song and CoS my favorite album, after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users