Rik talks about solo ideas

JARG

I have their first 4 albums. Love'em and bought them because of my favorite band ( 3 piece and Canadian) and was pleasantly surprised back then. Those records still sound great today in my view. Love Emmett's vocals too. Great rock vocalist... :)
  • Like 2

When I was in in high school, every night at 8 PM had a program called "get the Led out" where they played 2 or 3 Led Zeppelin songs. You could call in and make your requests for get the Led out- and if your song was picked to lead off, you won a prize.

One night I won, I requested "Communication Breakdown", my prize was a coupon for a free Papa Murphey's pizza and a Triumph DVD

• Like 4

I saw them in Philly during the Thunder Seven tour. I wasn't entirely into their music, but I was young, wild and free at the time so I went to see them anyway (Mountain was the opening act).

The one thing I still remember about the show was a cool volume pedal solo that Rik did based on theme music to Close Encounters. It was impressive.

• Like 1

Good news indeed. I really like Triumph; I have enjoied their past studio albums, obviously "Stages" and their late live CD/DVD recorded at Sweden Rock Festival. Pure class.