The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

the reason some people prefer di'anno is because that era is ballsier and heavier. it's not hard to grasp, some people aren't always in the mood for spinal tap and dream theater, ya know?

I agree Geezer. I just wish they gave a few songs a rest, like The Trooper, Wrathchild, Hallowed be They Name and Fear of The Dark.

They gave Hallowed a rest on the last tour. I think that's one of the standards that should never be dropped though. But since they played songs like Moonchild, The Prisoner, Seventh Son, Aces High, Clairvoyant and Phantom Of The Opera, I can let it slide that Hallowed wasn't played. Wrathchild wasn't played on their 2012 North American tour either.

that was my first time seeing maiden, I would've much rather seen hallowed than FOTD

I think FOTD is a great song but I think the only reason they play it so much is so they'll have at least a song or two to represent the 90s. afraid to shoot strangers sucked too, that was about as big a beer/bathroom song as territories was on the CA tour

Edited by bathory

I think FOTD is a great song but I think the only reason they play it so much is so they'll have at least a song or two to represent the 90s. afraid to shoot strangers sucked too, that was about as big a beer/bathroom song as territories was on the CA tour

Yeah, FOTD I can let it slide considering it's the sole fan favorite '90s Maiden song, but ATSS was just not the right choice on their part. Couldn't take a piss or beer break during that song as I was stuck being sandwiched in the GA section that never ceased to push each other forward and backwards. If I had a seated ticket, I would have done both tbh :LOL:

• Like 1

No comment on the inclusion of FOTD (which is a great song, especially live, but didn't really fit the theme of the tour).

Maiden covered a Grateful Dead song? :huh:

• Like 1

When they started the "history tour" concept, I was always curious to know how they would address the irregular 90´s period. I guess it will take a few years until we find out, as the pace of these history DVDs/tours is a bit strange. My guess is that they´ll put everything from the 90´s together, including the Blaze years, and will stop right there. What do you guys think?

I definitely think that there'll be a DVD (I don't think they'll do a BluRay version tbh) reissue of Donington Live 1992 with part 4 of the History of Iron Maiden and probably Raising Hell and any pro-shot footage of No Prayer, X-Factor and VXII that might be usable as the bonus disc. But I'd say a 50/50 chance that they will tour around that DVD release/90s era. I can't even come up with a good name for such tour.

Figure the next couple years will be based around the new album and post 2000 material. After that, I agree, they'll do History pt. 4 dyd with all the stuff PolarizeMe mentioned. I think they'll then do a tour based on the FOTD/Donnington show and that may be it for them, wrapping up around 5 years from now around their 45th anniversary (counting the years prior to the first album...40th going by that release).

Has there been any updates on Bruce's health?

Seems it's been pretty hush hush.

Any updates would be appreciated.

:bump:

Maiden has just released some new UK and European tour dates:

APR 22 BELGIUM ANTWERP SPORTPALEIS

APR 24 GERMANY OBERHAUSEN KÖNIG-PILSENER-ARENA

APR 28 GERMANY FRANKFURT FESTHALLE

MAY 02 GERMANY HAMBURG BARCLAYCARD ARENA

MAY 04 ENGLAND NOTTINGHAM MOTORPOINT ARENA

MAY 06 IRELAND DUBLIN 3ARENA

MAY 08 ENGLAND MANCHESTER ARENA

MAY 10 ENGLAND SHEFFIELD ARENA

MAY 11 ENGLAND LEEDS FIRST DIRECT ARENA

MAY 14 ENGLAND NEWCASTLE METRO RADIO ARENA

MAY 16 SCOTLAND GLASGOW SSE HYDRO ARENA

MAY 17 SCOTLAND ABERDEEN AECC GE OIL & GAS ARENA

MAY 20 ENGLAND LIVERPOOL ECHO ARENA

MAY 21 ENGLAND BIRMINGHAM BARCLAYCARD ARENA

MAY 24 WALES CARDIFF MOTORPOINT ARENA

MAY 27 ENGLAND LONDON O2 ARENA

Tickets go on sale Friday, September 30th.

I heard that it has been a number of years since they toured the UK properly like this. That was a little mind blowing to me since they always tour Europe. I guess all of their shows there in recent years have been festivals and not arenas.

According to either an email or Facebook post, they are going to go to an almost paperless ticket system to try and keep scalpers or "secondary market sellers" from buying lots of tickets and reselling them at much inflated prices. The credit card that is used to buy the tickets will have to be presented to gain admission. Check out their website for FAQs.

According to either an email or Facebook post, they are going to go to an almost paperless ticket system to try and keep scalpers or "secondary market sellers" from buying lots of tickets and reselling them at much inflated prices. The credit card that is used to buy the tickets will have to be presented to gain admission. Check out their website for FAQs.

Maiden has been doing this for many years now. This isn't anything new for them.

It's always the big priced tickets that are paperless. They want to make sure the fans that are willing to pay for the top seats can get them. I've even complained a few times on here during Rush's last few tours about them not doing the paperless thing. Usually it's only the cheaper seats that are not paperless. But the front half of the venue, the tickets that the scalpers charge a fortune for, are always paperless for their shows.

It sucks for those who still collect ticket stubs but it's the best system out there to prevent scalping. For the life of me I can't understand why more bands aren't doing this? The only draw back is that it may take a little longer to get into the venue since they have to scan your card.

Actual real tickets are becoming a thing of the past. The last couple of events I bought tickets for didn't even have the option to get the tickets mailed. It was either print it yourself or have a text sent to your phone where the "tickets" will be displayed with a barcode and they will scan that when you show it to them at the venue.

Kudos to Maiden for being a leader in this form of ticketing. These asshole scalpers who charge a thousand bucks a ticket for the best seats in the house need to be done away with.

• Like 1